Dr. H.a. Miller On Sasquatch

Guest 67Mopar

National security?  Why were the creatures secret agents or did they possess special knowledge about the US foreign policy?  The conspiracy angle is one of the shallow arguments proponents us to excuse bigfoot from never being confirmed.  There isn't a single thing that a big ape could possess that would send any country into a tailspin.  Even the gorilla was discovered back in far more conservative times of even stricter concepts about man's place in the world it didn't cause a panic.  Bigfooters need to get a grip on the lack of social/political importance bigfoot has on things.  

There have been four or five topics on government suppression of bigfoot from the public.

1.  Though I perceive the government as less than fully competent, I do not perceive them as so incompetent that they have no knowledge of bigfoot whatsoever..

2.  Suppression of things bigfoot need not be a matter of national security, but more accurately a matter of national social stability.

3.  Any such suppression today must be viewed through the filter of governmental attitudes of prior generations, with practices, if not policies, that persist into today.

4.  If they knew about bigfoot in the late 1800's, up until WWII, then the Powell Doctrine would likely have been in force.  Don't empower or acknowledge any "tribe" to the point that it might be perceived to have a legal claim on national lands.  Giants were perceived back then to have roots in certain historical writings, and might thus have been "grandfathered" based on the dominant social structure of the times.

5.  From WWII on, everything anomalous was viewed with great suspicion, and the Soviets were known to be attempting to create human/ape hybrids, so national security may have crept into consideration.

6.  At this point, government suppression is likely just pragmatic.

First, the species is predatory.

Second, though likely uncommon, there is persistent indication that they species can be aggressive when threatened, and that some individuals may well prey on humans on occasion.

Third, there is no way that the government can contain the species.

Fourth, public knowledge would lead to public demands regarding the rights and treatment of the species on one hand and its containment for public protection reasons on the other.  Every family that ever lost a child or other family member in the woods would be all over the government about this.

Fifth, it would eventually come out that the government has been aware of them for generations, resulting in outrage on both sides of the spectrum.

Sixth, no government agency currently has the capability to successfully protect either bigfoot as a species, or humans who come into contact with bigfoot.

Seventh, no governmental manager at any level wants to deal with it so long as suppression of general public knowledge and resultant demands are successful.

From my perspective, with the current focus on environmental issues, one would think that bigfoot would be embraced as a means to further environmental agendas.  Despite that, I believe that the downsides must be perceived by government to heavily outweigh the upsides of disclosure.

Given the opportunity to report one encounter up the chain while serving as an officer at Fort Lewis, I certainly chose not to do so, simply because of the headaches it would have caused me.

Actually, reading the report it was primarily 50's and 60's when the bodies were examined.  The report says H.A. Miller graduated from Yale in 1930.  There is an H.A. Miller in this 1930 Yale photo.

FES-Class-of-1930-browser.jpg?1333986476

Thank you, jayjeti, I was going to suggest that there was sufficient information in the account to track down H.A. Miller based on his college record as described.  But I was too lazy to do so.  I wonder if his degrees can be verified along with his medical residency.

Edited by JDL
  • Upvote 1

Guest Crowlogic

^^^^If one is new to the bigfoot issue there are lots and lots of possibly good reasons for the total lack of proof or even solid evidence.  Government  cover up is one of the cornerstones of such belief.  Spend a few decades observing the mythology and the proponent reasoning takes on the air of self delusion.

Admin

Like I said on another thread, IF the government is covering this up, then the number of folks read in to the program would have to be fairly low in order to keep it under wraps. If the government did acknowledge the existence of BF after denying it for so many years, it would lead to a lot of unwelcomed questions about other things that the government has denied as well (justified or not). Personally I doubt a government cover-up, but I cannot rule it out entirely.

With most classified programs, the government has at least some control over how it operates. With BF, they do not. They just seem to pop up at random and without warning. No way to control that.

And I will leave you with this little tidbit - what if the government is initiating BF encounters and incidents in order to cover up something else......    :keeporder::o:swoon:;):lol:

BFF Patron

^ interesting thought........   

Actually, reading the report it was primarily 50's and 60's when the bodies were examined. The report says H.A. Miller graduated from Yale in 1930. There is an H.A. Miller in this 1930 Yale photo.

Jay, what is the provenance of this photo?

ETA-

Nevermind. Found it: https://environment.yale.edu/alumni/classes/1930/

Interesting.

ETA 2- So the source of this letter is anonymous contributor "Sophia" via Linda Newton-Perry's Bigfoot Ballyhoo blog? I'm out.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-564-1405271253-14.g

Edited by Bonehead74
  • Upvote 1

Actually, reading the report it was primarily 50's and 60's when the bodies were examined. The report says H.A. Miller graduated from Yale in 1930. There is an H.A. Miller in this 1930 Yale photo.

Jay, what is the provenance of this photo?

ETA-

Nevermind. Found it: https://environment.yale.edu/alumni/classes/1930/

Interesting.

ETA 2- So the source of this letter is anonymous contributor "Sophia" via Linda Newton-Perry's Bigfoot Ballyhoo blog? I'm out.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-564-1405271253-14.g

I'm lost here... How does the fact that the letter was sent by an anonymous source make it invalid? 

There is a site at Harvard where you can pull up medical school classes from the early 40's, but you need a Harvard access code to view legible copies of the photos.

^^^^If one is new to the bigfoot issue there are lots and lots of possibly good reasons for the total lack of proof or even solid evidence.  Government  cover up is one of the cornerstones of such belief.  Spend a few decades observing the mythology and the proponent reasoning takes on the air of self delusion.

There you go again, describing something as mythology as if it were fact when it is only your opinion.

Crow what would it be like for you if you happened to have a face to face encounter tomorrow, but could provide no evidence other than your own testimony?

Linda Newton-Perry makes it invalid, barring any third-party confirmation.

But, what if there is no third party?

It's quite clear. Per my statement you just quoted, I'm forced to toss it on the "invalidated evidence" pile.
  • Upvote 1

Linda Newton-Perry makes it invalid, barring any third-party confirmation.

But, what if there is no third party?

It's quite clear. Per my statement you just quoted, I'm forced to toss it on the "invalidated evidence" pile.
Oops. Double tap. My phone is acting wonky. Edited by Bonehead74

I had a feeling this story originated from Bigfoot Ballyhoo. From the mind of Linda Newton Perry along with all her other fabricated stories and phony contributors.

She likes to pull pictures and names off the net and build phony stories around them.

Edited by roguefooter
  • Upvote 2

Not challenging you here, Roguefoot.  Just asking for a source to back up your statement.  I would either like to confirm that H.A. Miller had the career and education described, or that Linda Newton Perry is a hoaxer.

Thanks for posting this, 67Mopar. I was unaware of that document.  

And awesome find, Jayjeti! And great analysis, JDL! -- except for one little point we continue to disagree on, but which doesn't have much bearing on the discussion.   :) 

Good job, guys!

Not challenging you here, Roguefoot. Just asking for a source to back up your statement. I would either like to confirm that H.A. Miller had the career and education described, or that Linda Newton Perry is a hoaxer.

http://squatchdetective.weebly.com/hall-of-shame---bigfoot-ballyhoo--linda-newton-perry.html

Obviously there was an H.A. Miller who was a student at Yale during the timeframe indicated by the supposed letter, as my previous link demonstrated. That does not make any of the other claims made true (or false). As I stated above, I'd need some reliable third-party corroboration to consider this further.

Edited by Bonehead74