Questions From A New Enthusiast!

The guy was just a tow truck driver, and it was dark and cold with a bit of snow on the ground.  He saw enough to know he didn't want any part of it.

I wouldn't go after it, track it, or take the time to document the drag marks either.  Especially at night.  Besides, it was long gone in minutes.

The drag marks in the snow weren't there, the next day?

I think he was referring to the creature was gone and out of sight in minutes.

Maybe so. Wouldn't it be wonderful to daylight track the path of supposed bf? Gee, what a novel idear (deliberately misspelled). But no, no followup on a fresh trail.

I agree, it would have been a good trail to follow. At the very least, it would easily prove if the tow truck driver was telling the truth about seeing something dragging an elk through the snow. If he was making the whole story up, there would be no drag mark in the snow.

The report said the environment had deep coulies and draws. Supposing someone had tried following the drag line; something that would have been interesting to see is what the Bigfoot would have done when it came to a draw or a deep coulie.

It also would have been interesting to know what someone would have found when they finally came to the elk carcass. With deep snow and something the size of an elk, I would think the drag mark would last until the elk was no longer being dragged; so it seems like they would eventually come upon something. 

Would a Bigfoot have drug the elk to the Bigfoot's "home", or would it have just stopped out in the open or in some woods before getting food from it? Would there be any Bigfoot hair around?

This is assuming the trail would have been followed before very many other creatures and scavengers would have gotten to the elk carcass.

Ok, let's say that they did find the drag marks or where the creature was walking through in 3' of snow. But think about that and how much power that creature must have had to power through that snow with a what 300 - 500 lb undressed elk. Then to drag it for miles on end until you loose it's trail. Yes, I can see how this witness could be lying about his encounter. After knowing what I have said could or might have taken place.

Either way we still have a creature in our forest that has strength that is way over above us. That was smart enough to may be after this elk and was going after it in a stalk and used the high way as a kill zone. Has learned that road kill is easy prey and that staying close to the high ways might be easy food source in hard times.

Ill Give you the best answers I can anyway! 

I don't recommend talking to others about it, it can endanger your job opportunities, your reputation, your relationships with your friends and family, everything. My first recommendation is to keep it to yourself. The general public couldn't give a crap about Bigfoot, that is part of why there is so little really known. The best reason I can think of for there being no body is that they are rarely ever alone, they do tend to stick in groups, not always very close but you can count on them sticking together in a area and watching out for trouble. You can also count on you not being aware of this when you are out and around them. I have heard of a few instances of them being shot but the body abandoned due to them being so human, but only a couple of times. Typically how those stories go is idiot shoots one, idiot dies, it gets covered up as a accident or a bear attack. Something to keep in mind. I have little doubt the government at some levels knows all about them and takes steps to protect them, some researchers I know have had areas and caves they know the Bigfoot frequent shut off by the government for things like endangered salamanders and birds that are not actually in the area. If you pick a area to research keep it sacred, NEVER tell ANYONE about it except maybe one very very close family member in case you take a bad fall or something while out, or best yet leave a map in your car in a envelope for rescuers to find, and seal another very detailed map that tells exactly where you plan to be and your route with that family member(s) never to be opened until you are missing for a amount of time you should pick yourself, mine is 24 hours. Never post about it, never leave anything at all that could lead someone to figure out where you go and what you do there, people = trouble. I drive 1.5 hours out of my way just to get to my area, and it isn't because that is the only place that there are Bigfoot around here, it is because that is the most remote area I could find, it guarantees I will not have human interference, and there is not a soul on this earth that knows where that exact spot is. I go alone, I have done so for 2 years as just myself, a pair of Knee-High Danner snake boots, and a smith and Wesson .44 magnum. Some other researchers have close trusted partners they take to the field, if you are more comfortable doing that and can find someone like that do it. Numbers don't put the Bigfoot off. I prefer to go alone however and will likely never take anyone with me, ever.

Yes they whoop, I hear that most often as far as vocalizations go but it is the knocks that are easily the most frequent sound they make. I always think of the whoop as a real short crisp owl call or like a monkey. They almost always either moan and howl or do a animal imitation, such as a coyote or a owl. It is imperative that you spend hours on hours listening to these animals in person and on the internet if you can't get close to them in person. I was taught the animals can botch their own calls up sometimes, but they can never sound louder than their lungs allow for, a owl has little owl lungs and a Bigfoot has 900lbs Bigfoot lungs. You will miss ALOT if you do not study animal sounds like a madman I guarantee you that, it will blow your mind how good they are at doing them! They knock, they throw things, they stomp and run, they talk. The knocks can be louder than gunfire or similar to a woodpecker and it seems they either use two rocks or are hitting trees with something, the two sound very different, they can do it just once or very fast, faster than a typical person can even clap. There are some in my area that when they take a step the ground rattles enough that I feel it in my hammock, when they run you can feel it in the ground and hear it, it's pretty neat! The talk sounds just like the sierra sounds, sometimes a quiet grumbling cursing sort of thing(Heard 2x very recently) and sometimes plain as day language(Heard that twice). The sierra sounds are a good listen for the aspiring researcher, I vouch for them 100%! 

The biggest print I have seen was half of one, it was the heel part of it and was 5-6 inches wide and very deep in the hard ground compared to what I could do. The most common tracks I have found so far are 13 inches long roughly and about 3.5 inches wide. They are very good at getting around and not leaving tracks, so don't let tracks be a indication to you they are or are not in a area. If you come across a line of potential tracks, in my experience, they step one foot directly in front of the other whereas ours are typically off to the side.

I have never seen the face in person, I have seen the eyes glowing back at me and seen one from behind. They can be red, orange, blonde, white, black, brown, reddish brown, you name it. My best sighting was blood red, it was so wide in the shoulders I thought it was 2 of them at first, I stopped to look for it at the top of a hill when I heard another one approaching with a feminine voice, yelling. I figure she was trying to warn him I was coming up over the hill. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-sCl4nBWxFv8/UAhgOK5POAI/AAAAAAAA1ko/IbI9lRlI6Bk/s1600/chicks2.jpg It was similar to that, I saw the top left of it, seeing it's left shoulder and left side of it's head. It was definitely taller than me but I have never been able to get a exact measurement, never could find where I was standing exactly :/ As far as appearance goes they tend to be real tall, going from 7-12 feet tall even, hair varies alot. Some look basically like big ugly gorillas, some look alot more like us(Patty), and some as Timberghost put it like a dang ugly monster. They are all the same exact thing.

As far as locomotion goes they can go on 2 legs or on all 4s on a whim, I would bet a large snickers bar they might just be in the top 5 most explosive and fast "creatures" on land, I had one get out of my sight literally in the blink of a eye, covering 30 feet to get to cover. Some researchers have clocked them at about 40 mph. Yet another reason they don't get blown away, they are either as smart or only very slightly smarter than we are and have that sort of physical capability. Oh and trees, they are pretty incredible at climbing and moving through trees I hear, I have never experienced this personally though.

As far as numbers go I will guarantee there are a ton more than most would figure, to the extent it is frightening to the ignorant. You don't have to go far man, they are all over the place, they are just really really REALLY good at staying unnoticed for one, and for two people notice them all the time and noone ever pays attention or realizes what it is even. I have had people swear it was a ghost and others a bear. I would say they rarely RARELY ever get mistaken for bears, but it is the other way around rather, they don't look all that different from a massive black or brown bear when on all 4s, depending on their color, and those colors are fairly common for them it seems to me. I say in the upper 10s of thousands, or the lower end of the 100 thousand spectrum even. They often stick around abandoned buildings and areas that are grown over. Had a few people around here bump into them in some houses abandoned before.

And on to the attitude, are they aggressive? Sure they can be, just like us you are going to have some bad apples. I have been bluff charged and tricked before but I didn't consider it aggressive. Alot of what people call "Aggressive behavior" is really just that person being a wuss when you break it down. If they really wanted to get someone, that person would be dead before they ever knew what hit them, period. Fact of the matter is that people don't really go missing that often in the woods, and people don't get eaten by wild animals real often either, in fact it is remarkably rare albeit very terrifying when it does happen. I have exchanged gifts with them, had huge huge success with pictures I bring to the woods, been around 2 babies, had them take crystals, necklaces, and other odd items from me, had them mess with my camping gear, had them throw rocks at me being careful not to hit me but getting oh so close, and knocked back and forth with them before with the most remarkable occasion being one knocking what sounded like a plastic container down below me in a rhythm, just as though it was knocking the melody of a song, and I would try to clap that pattern back, it would wait a moment and do it again with a new pattern, I would repeat. Went on 3 or 4 times before thunder started up(Bad storms rolling in that morning) and I started to move, when I did ZIP a rock slammed into the tarp I had hung over my hammock, just missing my head by about a foot or so, it was a fist sized rock it threw from maybe 40 or so feet away, up over a 9 or so foot tall cliff, with stunning accuracy.

My recommendation? Go to walmart and pick up your favorite chewbacca toy, go out if you got the money and get you a Scotch laminating machine with 5' mil pouches, I put 2 pouches to a picture, I put one pouch on and run it through the machine,then I put another ontop of that and run that twice, that is how I do it and it saves money in the long run because they don't get destroyed by the weather. Get some photo paper and just go crazy. Print off your favorite pictures and everything! I will give you a sample of what I have taken up there here! Take that stuff up to a area you are pretty sure they are, especially good if it is one that has good fresh water year round that is not bothered or visited by humans and if it is a area that has alot of deer, and a area you are very sure people will not bother you, you MUST keep the things you bring up there well hidden and keep any food you leave out far away from any gifts you bring(And away from you!), never let the two touch, never underestimate the nose of a mouse or a bear! Always assume the Bigfoot will always be watching you. And always follow that safety protocol with the map at the least, safety safety safety! You must be as comfortable as possible when you are out there, make that your first priority, bringing a gun is what I recommend but atleast bring a big freaking knife and some bear spray, I say one or the other. Sheesh is this post long enough yet? You don't have to stay the night with them, very very few researchers do, most are afraid of them and don't ever actually want to see one in fact. Try to build confidence and play with the gifts until you get sure they are there and that they recognize you, I say if you go to a area and start working around and don't get any activity stay there for about 2 weeks, don't get discouraged to fast! You will NEVER know when they are there unless they LET YOU know, freaking PERIOD. Leave the gifts atleast, if you feel safe feel free to stay they night as often as you like, they aren't going to kill you. I never build fires to avoid being detected by people and to keep everything dark to keep from irritating their eyes at night. Are the woods a dangerous place?  You bet, there are bees, spiders, snakes, cougars, bears, wild dogs, hogs, falling trees, chaotic weather, slippery rocks, hidden holes in the ground, and worst of all people. Watch your back out there and most of all have a good time! 

Sample Pictures

http://postimg.org/gallery/16lxqwwla/

Chewbacca toy, the one I got though wasn't this, it was much smaller but the same price as this, it roared when you shook it, I think they took it because it reminded them of themselves though.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/2-Halloween-Greeter-Star-Wars-Chewbacca-Holding-Pumpkin/35921189

This is the laminator I use, I figure they all must be about the same though!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CLV8ZIU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00

I bring them food too, peanut butter and apples, salted peanuts, chocolate, just whatever you think they might like really. Try putting it in tough plastic containers and see if the containers vanish!

Get them a mirror too and leave it up there, I know a few researchers who have good sized ones, maybe a little over 12' diameter, who will leave them face down and come back to find them face up and such things. Little details like that you gotta watch out for.

This is the best video I have ever seen of one, what I saw looked just like this but more a red color whereas this is reddish brown, and mine was alot broader in the shoulder. Notice the point on the top of it's head, it doesn't have a crest, and they don't as far as I have always been told, their hair just sticks up.

Edited by Xion Comrade
  • Upvote 3

BFF Patron

I like everything you posted but the Timbergiant stuff (don't believe in him or the video) and the thought that they can make a gunfire sound by using rocks or wood on wood.  I believe they have the capacity to emulate any sound they wish to make, whether that be a stick of dynamite or a vole farting, and that ability is internal to them.  It does not take an external set of stimuli of a concrete nature.  

I like everything you posted but the Timbergiant stuff (don't believe in him or the video) and the thought that they can make a gunfire sound by using rocks or wood on wood.  I believe they have the capacity to emulate any sound they wish to make, whether that be a stick of dynamite or a vole farting, and that ability is internal to them.  It does not take an external set of stimuli of a concrete nature.  

Everything he has experienced I have also experienced first hand and what is in that video has all of the weird details some Bigfoot do, such as the one I saw in person, so naturally I completely vouch for him because if I didn't I wouldn't be vouching for myself! I would say he is essential watching for a new researcher really looking to get down in the dirt with this subject.

It wasn't so much a gunfire sound, although it did sound alot like it, but just a really really loud knock. I am not so sure they deliberately made it sound like a very big rifle lol, the instance this happened there were 3 doing the knocks all around me, this was after they were down in the area imitating small engines(Like ATVs or something). They can certainly put on a good show.

Well as a new enthusiast how many BFRO reports have you read online?

If you haven't read this one,  you are missing something:

http://www.bfro.net/gdb/show_report.asp?id=33257

Yes, I checked the weather records and it was at least -37 below F in one of the local reporting stations about this date.

Great sighting. These are the kinds that are most believable to me. As for the question someone asked why they didn't track it. My question is why would you? I wouldn't follow a leprechaun with a pot of gold in the dark in 40- weather, so I sure as heck wouldn't track a 7+ foot carnivore in the same conditions. I have no desire to end up in a Missing 411 video.

But it does beg the question, does Sasquatch hang out around roads looking for an easy meal of road kill, or was this one just passing through and got lucky?

I think another big reason for no tracking is called "three feet of snow". To follow the drag line would mean trying to walk through 3' of snow. Imagine sinking almost to your hips, or deeper with each step; even the creature's feet didn't clear the snow. Imagine how long it would take a person to go even a short distance and how exhausting it would be.

More importantly? What do you do if you catch up to it? Take a picture right?

Big Deal.

^^^But bigfoot skeptics - other than being nasty vicious and generally unsavory - just don't think about stuff much, do they.

Neither.Are.They.  Quite the major opposite of scientific application and rational thought.  But we do tolerate that here, don't we.

Edited by DWA

Hello DWA,

Yes, but you should let it go on threads such as this where you are not going head to head with them. It only serves to unproductively draw them into the discussion. Some may call it baiting.

• Upvote 2