Skunk Ape Sighting Or Cgi?

Guest 67Mopar

Hey Norse Leopards can be black colour phased as well. Also the idea of cougars being mentioned Catamount, cougar, panther, mountain lion, puma all the same animal in North America just different regional names. 

Though as for the video (original post) I'd say its a stump. One of the main reasons being it can't clearly be identified so it "stumps" you. Don't think of it is a black panther (open to the idea they exist). Also using the argument they can't exist because science does not recognize them when talking also about Sasquatch kind of ironic. Though that is just me. Anyway back to the OP, could be a hog.

As for the second video I would say there is something there and little bit bigger then a squirrel. Bit in the woods enough to know what looks like a squirrel running can when checked be a deer moving by. Be interesting to know if you found anything else in the area. 

Edited by Woodslore

Yes they can, but I left them out because they dont live in north America.

No worries.....the only black cat Cervelo ever hit was a housecat while riding his bicycle.

Be interesting to know if you found anything else in the area. 

It was a deer but I will say there are great squatching stories from that location.

I've been there at night. It's a very creepy place but nothing happened while I was there.

Edited by Redbone

Hello 67Mopar,

The short of it is science recognizes cougars. Sasquatch? Not so much. And for the record I'm pro-kill for the same reason Norseman and a lot of others are: To provide a voucher specimen to mainstream science. But I'm not a killer across the board. I don't even own a gun. I look for a dead one every time I go out. Just got back from three days of wilderness camping alongwith my two sons and a friend of theirs- looking for bones or a body. I gotta tell ya, it was more fun that mashing cats on a highway ;) J/K

Guest 67Mopar

Hello 67Mopar,

The short of it is science recognizes cougars. Sasquatch? Not so much. And for the record I'm pro-kill for the same reason Norseman and a lot of others are: To provide a voucher specimen to mainstream science. But I'm not a killer across the board. I don't even own a gun. I look for a dead one every time I go out. Just got back from three days of wilderness camping alongwith my two sons and a friend of theirs- looking for bones or a body. I gotta tell ya, it was more fun that mashing cats on a highway ;) J/K

Looking for a dead Bigfoot... LOL! Now that's living. ;)

So, if you had a BF in your cross-hairs, you would squeeze the trigger?

Edited by 67Mopar

Guest 67Mopar

For the record... There was no way I could avoid it. I didn't see whatever it was until I was on top of it. It was big, it was black, and its eyes lit-up when it looked into my headlights. At 70 MPH, there's no-way whatever it was survived. I'm not pro-kill on any living thing that does not present a danger to myself, of another person. Science doesn't need a body... If these animals do in-fact exist, the further they stay away from humans, the better. 

Hello 67Mopar,

For the record... There was no way I could avoid it. I didn't see whatever it was until I was on top of it. It was big, it was black, and its eyes lit-up when it looked into my headlights. At 70 MPH, there's no-way whatever it was survived. I'm not pro-kill on any living thing that does not present a danger to myself, of another person. Science doesn't need a body... If these animals do in-fact exist, the further they stay away from humans, the better.

I know what you mean about not being able to avoid it. No one feels good when animals go down that way. It's a shame really. A red squirrel ran under my truck tire one Summer a few years back. My window was down and I heard it get mashed. My ride home? Not the best I've ever had. Can't imagine a large cat.

As far as science needing a body? They do because Sasquatch staying away from Humans isn't the issue. It's keeping the danged Humans away from them. The pile of reports, though admittedly anecdotal, only demonstrate how Humans have moved on the creature- not the other way round.

As far as looking for a body we saw a lot of moose and bear scat along with fresh prints of both. It was fun and the time with my boys is always priceless. They're both in their thirties now and really enjoy these excursions hiking around with the "ol' man".

And if I was a hunter and had one in my crosshairs whether or not I would pull the trigger is too complicated for a simple yes or no. A lot of factors would have to be true first which is a discussion in and of itself that many here have detailed better than I ever could.

Edited by hiflier

The only black phase cat known by science is a jaguar in north America. Cougars are never black.

You should have retrieved the body.

Yeah that's supposed to be the case but there is some large black cat in North America.

I'm wondering if the jagurandi (sp) has mixed with the cougar? There are large black cats being seen.

I have an associate who lives in Orlando, drug dealer, hardly the nature type. Lives in an urban area. Said he was outside with his large pit bull when a black panther about 100 ft away walked from the field to the woodline. Says his dog was scared.

Another guy, Army veteran, was jogging and told me one was on the side of the running trail, got up and took off running. He turned around and jogged back home. This was in Jackdonville.

So there aren't supposed to be black panthers in North America but...

Personally seen a cougar size solid black cat in the Big South Fork back in 93.. Same place we had our first physical Bigfoot encounter in 1988. Knew an elderly man back then that lived his life there who had seen them since he was a little kid in the 1920's. He would always clam up when asked about any Bigfoot type animals though..