Bigfoot And Ghosts

Bonehead74

I related what was reported in my original post, as well as the secluded locations where these things were seen. I'm not talking about haunted mansions and white-sheeted ghosts saying, "Boo!"

I know what your saying i guess i dont know enough about ghosts to say either way.

If something is tracking me through the forest a **** ghost is the last thing on my mind

• Upvote 1

Per the recent article in American Hunter, a research study (Auburn University) and another (currently in year 3 of 5) conducted by Penn State University wherein ~80 whitetail deer were fitted with GPS tracking collars for a research project to determine how hunter activity affects deer movement, green food plots were found to be far more effective in consistently bringing deer to a stand than were mechanical feeders.

There may be a correlation with such and cemeteries as the latter are often (landscaping-wise) cared for year-round and as such, could be functioning as perpetual food plots for deer which in turn, may be attracting something else?

There have been numerous accounts of Sasquatch activity in or near cemeteries. I recall one report from the south, possibly posted by Branco, about some young hunters that holed up in an old house in the woods one night and reportedly heard a door at one end of the house open, then heavy foot steps coming down a hall and the door knob on the room they were in start to turn. If memory serves, at that point one of the men yelled or did something that startled the whatever in the hall to exit the house. There are certainly many folks that, having such an experience, would credit it to ghosts or other supernatural source.

Personal experience and that of family and close friends prevents me from dismissing what we now term the paranormal out of hand. I believe there are many things we simply do not understand yet and they get lumped into the paranormal file.

Reports of glowing red eyes, inhuman screams, sounds of footfalls and breathing with no visible source, and the sense (and sounds) of being shadowed/paralleled while in the location. This should sound very familiar to anyone with an even passing familiarity with the bigfoot phenomenon.

BF phenomenon in general yes, credible class A reports and witnesses, not so much.

From a scientific standpoint, doesn't matter.

The scientific case for something new is almost never mustered from "Class A" evidence, but from things a person acquainted with the evidence can piece together.  Recognizing that a lot of the stuff formerly laid to paranormal phenomena might in fact have another explanation is what we call, in the sciences, a "lead."

Maybe the reason there are so many Sasquatch reports from around graveyards is because Sasquatch is a ghost buster.

• Upvote 1

DWA- what is your background in "the sciences"?

Just wondering because you're referring to yourself like a scientist.

Edited by roguefooter
  • Upvote 1

No, I'm asking for everyone's who thinks we can discard the evidence, whole...and have never given one good reason.

I'm seeing a lot of good science degrees (and I don't have one, if that's what you are asking) going to utter waste here, a lot of "scientists" who aren't practicing science when it comes to some stuff.  I have seen this time and time again in scientific fields, me going wha? when something is very obvious to me that apparently isn't to folks with all these piled-on degrees.  I am starting to be concerned that what a science education does is pack, for the most part, middling intellectual talents with canon, and strip them (if they ever had it) of their ability to think carefully about stuff.

Conducting science requires *thinking like one.*  The mainstreamers are not.  As I've said time and time again here:  they reiterate the same arguments I expect from the garbageman.

When it comes to this...I'm a scientist.  If you insist on worshipping degrees that are demonstrably not getting used, go 'head.

See, this is the diff between people looking for answers...and people trying to win an argument they've already lost, and don't know it.

Guest ChasingRabbits

I dont think so.

Why not, Norse?

The stories I read about ghosts or shows i sometimes watch are mostly about haunted houses, etc.

Abberations moving from room to room, doors opening closing, cold rooms, recordings of voices played backwards, things levitating, etc.

Not sure how that corresponds to bigfoot.

Maybe some eye shine in a window or something?

There are stories of "haunted woods" or "haunted forest". Most of the ones I've read are in the UK. But there are some in the US. Anyhow, these haunted places are sometimes associated with apparitions (ghosts, orbs/lights) or noises that have a human-like quality (screams, moans, whispering sounds, talking sounds.)

There are also ghost stories occurring on desolate stretches of roads. Sometimes there are apparitions involved. Sometimes it is only noises or the feeling of being watched/followed.

Edited by ChasingRabbits

In several lowland areas of the South where the old-growth timber deeply shades the ground, especially during the mornings and late afternoons, local residents & hunters typically speak of "Shadow People" or "Ghost Shadows" they have seen. When asked to describe what they saw in more detail, they invariable describe a large dark or black shadow moving silently through the timber using fluid-like motions. The primary observations that leads them to believe the "shadows" are supernatural is that they say they quickly "float" through the woods and over piles of flood debris, while maintaining their upper bodies at the same elevation. (From my own closeup, daylight observations of a six foot tall "teenage" male running over large rocks and small boulders at the speed of bat out of a cave at dark, I've described that he maintained his head as level and straight as "a duck's on a carnival shooting gallery track".)

I tend to think those Shadow People/ Ghost Shadows they saw were BF since I was in those areas to investigate reports of sightings of the real thing. 

Edited by Branco

Hello DWA,

....I'm seeing a lot of good science degrees (and I don't have one, if that's what you are asking) going to utter waste here, a lot of "scientists" who aren't practicing science when it comes to some stuff.  I have seen this time and time again in scientific fields, me going wha? when something is very obvious to me that apparently isn't to folks with all these piled-on degrees.  I am starting to be concerned that what a science education does is pack, for the most part, middling intellectual talents with canon, and strip them (if they ever had it) of their ability to think carefully about stuff.

Conducting science requires *thinking like one.*  The mainstreamers are not.  As I've said time and time again here:  they reiterate the same arguments I expect from the garbageman.

When it comes to this...I'm a scientist.  If you insist on worshipping degrees that are demonstrably not getting used, go 'head...

Sorry my friend but I cannot accept such a blanket generalization as this ^

One does not need to be a scientist to apply the scientific method, though it helps to have credentials when you present your findings.

Still, there is no law that only credentialed scientists are allowed to engage in scientific investigation.

Speaking as a credentialed scientist. 

Edited by JDL