Todd Standing Finally Exposed?

Guest Maxtag

I have to take some small issue w/the title of the OP.  Standing was exposed a long time ago due, in part, to the very fine efforts of several Forum members w/skills in computers, photography, and other specialized areas.  Perhaps the question is whether Standing has finally given up all hope of continuing his hoaxes unchecked.

• Upvote 4

Todd's videos--and Todd himself--are most likely fabrications.  Hard to prove a negative, but it is safe to assume that all his dolls and muppets are fake.

Having said that, is it possible that Todd has a deep belief in sasquatches and truly wants them protected?  And, the best way (he thinks) to accomplish this he's fabricated a bunch of muppets and hoaxes?  

Seems to have worked to a degree...he got on Survivorman.  And he got the attention of a couple other guys who are regarded by some to be the top researchers in the field.  Has he helped his cause or harmed the reputations of some highly respected researchers?

He charges money for a DVD (or he used to).  If his videos are fabrications, then that is fraud. Seems pretty straight forward. 

• Upvote 1

Todd's videos--and Todd himself--are most likely fabrications.  Hard to prove a negative, but it is safe to assume that all his dolls and muppets are fake.

Having said that, is it possible that Todd has a deep belief in sasquatches and truly wants them protected?  And, the best way (he thinks) to accomplish this he's fabricated a bunch of muppets and hoaxes?  

Seems to have worked to a degree...he got on Survivorman.  And he got the attention of a couple other guys who are regarded by some to be the top researchers in the field.  Has he helped his cause or harmed the reputations of some highly respected researchers?

I like the way that you are thinking and you know I think that Todd might have had a actual sighting. So he is fighting for the protection of the species. But the fakery just does not help his cause at all on what he is trying to do. These creatures do not need our help nor do they need the help of a single man who believes that there should be room placed for them. They do not need our help not what so ever and they have been doing well since they have been first seen. His efforts in trying to prove them to the government has been fruitless.

Now Les is a different breed, who already has fame. But Bigfoot is just another avenue for ratings but I seen a difference in him with these creatures. In him there seems to be a sincere pursuit of this creature and might be taking him into an un-comfortable area of research.

But I do believe that Todd did have a encounter or encounters with these creatures and had made mistakes. He tried to correct them but there was to many things wrong with what he had done.

Fararcher

The heads are big but the eyes are more inside or embedded within the skull. The eye brows are more outward neanderthal like with the nose some what flatten but pointed. I would have to look at my picture. See I do not like giving details out , this way I can tell who is on the level.

I do like Dr. Jeff Meldrum theory on the mid tarsal break and the flex that is in the middle of the foot. I see it all the time in the tracks that I find and you will not see it in a human foot print. Not even on a flat foot print will you see the distinction between the two. You can see the weight transfer on the whole foot from the heel to the toes and where the middle of the foot meet. But this should be for another topic on Mid tarsal break.

Todd Standing will be back around once he can get funding back in play. All those things that he has done took money and they were not cheap to create.If his play is out to convert people to preserve a species then you know his mind is working on it. But there are only so many doors that one can keep on knocking on. 

^^great view agree.

I did think there was potential in one of the videos of creature climbing hill.

So far I have enjoyed les stroud approach. Ratings money or the like he's looking for views and answers.

BFF Patron

Shadow like you I believe TS probably has had authentic encounters.    But then he lost contact with the BF in the particular area.    The BF likely decided to just avoid him not providing him with needed photographic evidence.     Interest by Stroud and Meldrum probably fueled the fire because of the notoriety and caused Standing to start being creative to get attention getting evidence.       It seems to have backfired with most other researchers and he has acquired the same sort of reputation that Wallace has with his stompers.    Now what he has said and will say in the future will be pretty much ignored even though it may be authentic.       That should be a lesson to other researchers,  if you publish photos you have to realize that they will get the same sort of scrutiny that the P/G Film has for over 40 years.     They better be the real deal and not of such a nature they look like they may have been fabricated.     

Shadowborn.

Would you look at your photos again and see if the eyes aren't much higher on the head than the eyes of a human?

Personally, when I see this guy's photographs, I immediately discount them for that one reason - the eyes are in the wrong place on the head.  In fact, I don't see how anyone could very easily do a decent fake, as the eyes will always be too low when compared to what I'd call the real thing.

Seems that above the eyes, the forehead part starts to angle back, where ours is kinda vertical - but I'm going from memory.  I honestly don't remember the eyebrows as such, but I was pretty much stunned at what I was looking at.

Edited by FarArcher

ShadowBorn wrote:

But the fakery just does not help his cause at all on what he is trying to do. 

No, SB....Todd's hoaxed videos certainly don't help him, in any way. Neither do his make-believe adventures, in the Land of Sylvanic....tunneling underneath mountains...( :lol: )....being surrounded/chased by Sasquatches...and having tree trunks thrown at him.

Also, I wonder what ever happened to his "video of an encounter with a Sasquatch that ended in violence"....(with Todd apparently the victor)??? Did his pet T. Rex eat it?? 

I don't know if Toddy ever has had a legitimate encounter with a Sasquatch....but, one thing I know for sure.....I don't care if he has. :)

• Upvote 2

Guest Crowlogic

The way one avoids the disappointment Todd Standing and his ilk deliver is to NOT accept any of it as true in the first place.  Folks we are living in a world without the even a modicum of bigfoot proof (I mean proof not evidence).  My approach is to take the entire history of the mythology and weigh it against the total lack of right and proper no excuses proof and the 100% failure of the mythology vs proof to date.  I learned that it's far more reasonable to assume hoax and to dissect the pieces as a hoax then it is to give any more of this stuff the benefit of the doubt.  Or to put it another way if there was a 900 lb biped in our land we'd know it by now.  Funny about standing is his stuff wasn't even that good.

Proof is not something you can weigh or measure. It either is or it isnt.

Evidence on the other hand can be weighed and measured. The crux then becomes what is peoples perception of the evidence.

And here we are.

• Upvote 2