Todd Standing Finally Exposed?

Guest Maxtag

If people in this field approached it with complete honesty it would go along ways....

Thats the rub, they want funding, so the BS has to go along with the money outreach. Weather its a blimp, or a dead body, or an over the top blogtalk, the BS piles up fast. Can't be looking for BF for 20 years an have no results. Funny thing, I know of a great if not perfect setup for getting video/ night vision, but I doubt any BF researcher clown would even listen, not that I would tell anyone, as I am Anti-Information Release. No one gets to see my footage when I get it, cept maybe some insiders I know. Actually, probably won't use video at all.

,. LMAO!

BFF Patron

Cisco:    I think you are wrong about Standing having a not having a public downfall.      That happened at the Sasquatch Summit about a year ago.     He went there to get support from Meldrum and Bindernagel and they politely distanced themselves from him.   It was very awkward and turned into a damage control fest for Standing.     The crowd there who knew of him, was very hostile.    If he had launched into his stories about Sylvanic, there were those present that would have destroyed him with questions and facts.      Since then has had basically gone very low key.    I think he has even disavowed his association with BF research.       He probably realizes he cannot get very far with anyone that knows much about him.   Too much history and question about possible fabrication.     He and Justin Smeja have followed similar paths in that they expected to be accepted with open arms and treated as celebrity by bigfooters but found themselves confronted by hostile researchers with hard questions and tough analysis.   Bigfooters can be a tough crowd as many here have found out.    They can be every bit as critical of evidence as skeptics are, and rightly so.  

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

If I'd been hunting something for a few years - and hadn't gotten it - I'd not own up to it.

Saw Moneymaker say something about he's been a bigfoot hunter for 20 years - maybe 30 years - I can't remember, and I thought to myself,

"You have to be totally incompetent - with a dose of dumb - to do that."

I mean, at what point does one decide, "I'm no good at this.  I'm doing something wrong.  I need to rethink what I think I know."

Edited by FarArcher

If I'd been hunting something for a few years - and hadn't gotten it - I'd not own up to it.

Saw Moneymaker say something about he's been a bigfoot hunter for 20 years - maybe 30 years - I can't remember, and I thought to myself,

"You have to be totally incompetent - with a dose of dumb - to do that."

I mean, at what point does one decide, "I'm no good at this.  I'm doing something wrong.  I need to rethink what I think I know."

Its called ''Male Bigfoot Addiction'' and some members on this forum have it bad, its like a bad drug. They see one and have to go out and prove it exists, no matter what, and change thier lives around to do so. Moneymaker started BFRO because of it, instead of becoming a lawyer, AFTER law-school. One of the few who actually benefitted because of thier MBA. Others here are not so lucky. And even when they get a good thing, a habituators site and get some footage, they go out and blow it by telling the BF they can ''see in the dark'' with a little box that gives off no detectable signals, destroying a huge area for ''research'', LOL, and ruining thier chance of at least some maybe decent thermal video.

You become a clown by nauture if you chase after the Bigfoots. Thats why you have to lie to get the money $$$$$$. Bad decision. Unless your independantly wealthy.

Im sure most ''researchers'', (ahem, I have another name, what? Oh skip it..) think, litterally, this week, this month, this next 3 months, "Im a gonna git me a pitchure of me's a Bigfootsy!! Yea, gonna prove em to the world, gonna change the world, oh yea, gonna gits me a Bigfoots...." and then the weeks turn into months into years, into a decade or 2, etc....

Squatch wins, you loose.

However, some do see one again, some in the BF TV show people have seen them on that show, but that information is NOT even made public, because people would call them out and they can't even prove that. LMAO!!

Sad thing is, no picture or therm video will prove a BF, no matter how good, they will say its fake, and a body will be covered up by the powers that be, with plenty of misinformation to cover up the ''find of the century''. Im sure they have all sorts of ''contingency plans'' to deal with someone who ''finds one'' and tries to go public. Not that I would believe the stuff shooting out of the ''blogtalks''.

Edited by Wag

BFF Patron

Moneymaker is a prime example of Einsteins definition of insane.      He does the same field tactics over and over with little or no results,   yet continues to do the same tactics and expects to get different results.     The problem being as I see it, when one proclaims themselves an expert,  and because of that start telling everyone "the way to do it"  then you have to stick with your non productive field methods,   because if you don't everyone will know you had no idea what you were talking about in the first place.   The worst part of it is, that he has gotten the woods full of people whooping, howling, and tree knocking at each other.  

Moneymaker is a prime example of Einsteins definition of insane.      He does the same field tactics over and over with little or no results,   yet continues to do the same tactics and expects to get different results.     The problem being as I see it, when one proclaims themselves an expert,  and because of that start telling everyone "the way to do it"  then you have to stick with your non productive field methods,   because if you don't everyone will know you had no idea what you were talking about in the first place.   The worst part of it is, that he has gotten the woods full of people whooping, howling, and tree knocking at each other.  

MM knows exactly what he's talking about...and taking it all the way to the bank.

Well, no, its a business, and he makes Money from BFRO, plus the TV show going on 7 seasons, very rare to get that far. BFRO is a money-making machine. I'm sure he would love to see one again, at the least. What you see on TV is just BFRO 101, they are all a bit piffed at the producers, who want the same-old same-old. Im just surprised there haven't been some off season spin-offs, but I guess the show keeps them busy.

BFF Patron

It was announced that this season is the last for Finding Bigfoot.     Not even sure they will air this last season but I think they have been filming it.    All of that is marketing decisions.     Survivorman Bigfoot really put a monkey wrench into things with regard to marketing decisions.    I think it had very good ratings.  Cliff (who is a member here)  probably knows all of this stuff but they have non disclosure things in their contracts. 

• Upvote 1

I have read somewhere that they will do things a bit differently this season. I heard they are going to film in/near Willow Springs, and will stay in that place the entire time  (or at least for more than one episode). I don't know how accurate that info is. I'm sure Cliff would not be able to talk much about it, but maybe he could let us know if there is any truth to the rumors.

• Upvote 1

Part of the "different" for the new season will be a double episode, comparing the "Squatchiness" of BC and Wa., already recorded.

Guest Crowlogic

^^^WAG excellent post BTW!   Finding Bigfoot has had a great run.  It's not about methods that they failed to deliver the goods.  The truth is no methodology has delivered the goods.  Unfortunately Charlie Brown is still going to fall for Lucy promising to hold the football and Linus is going to waste another Halloween waiting for the Great Pumpkin.  That said the smart money is moving to put bigfoot into the paranormal. 

[snip] Unfortunately Charlie Brown is still going to fall for Lucy promising to hold the football and Linus is going to waste another Halloween waiting for the Great Pumpkin. [snip]

...and Crowlogic is still going to post over and over that there is no proof of Bigfoot (even though we all know this).

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

Cliff even knows me but I have not seen him in a while to ask anything.