Todd Standing Finally Exposed?

Guest Maxtag

It really is a clown show for the most part.....

However I still find it entertaining and cheaper than online poker or the sports draft thing.

Neither Meldrum nor Stroud really needed to publically break with Standing. All they had to do was stop being seen with him in public appearances. The 2014 Summit did not help Standing at all. His appearance was all about damage control and Meldrum especially did not give him a lot of help with that. Standing asked Meldrum a series of questions during Standings presentation that was an attempt to vet himself with the public. It was painful to watch and very painful to Meldrum. Meldrum just acknowledged what he himself had observed and did not go anywhere near any sort of endorsement of Standing. I think Standing had expected some sort of endorsement and welcome to the bigfoot lecture circuit. Did not happen and since both Meldrum and Stroud were present at that painful confrontation, I believe they started distancing themselves from Standing if that process had already not started. I can just imagine them not wanting to be confronted like that in a public manner every time they and Standing disagreed about what might have happened. Just that would likely make neither of them interested in further association with Standing. Imagine yourself in the field with another researcher, and something happened that each of you interpreted differently. Rather than hash things out in private, the other researcher chose a conference format to air your differences in at attempt to get you to agree with his position out of public politeness.

Yeah, except just a month or so after the 2014 Sasquatch Summit, Meldrum went on Coast-to-Coast and hyped Standing. Meldrum even called Standing his colleague. Not to mention the radio show Meldrum did with Standing most of the summer of 2014. IF Meldrum has distanced himself from Standing, he should publicly say so.

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

A month or so after the Sasquatch Summit would be in late December or early 2015. Is that when the coast to coast broadcast happened? The 2014 summer radio show was months before the Summit. They were in a TV show also together in the fall but that was filmed prior to the Summit. Why would Meldrum have to publically say anything? If I find an associate to be a problem, I just stop associating with them.

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

BFF Patron

Neither Meldrum nor Stroud really needed to publically break with Standing. All they had to do was stop being seen with him in public appearances. The 2014 Summit did not help Standing at all. His appearance was all about damage control and Meldrum especially did not give him a lot of help with that. Standing asked Meldrum a series of questions during Standings presentation that was an attempt to vet himself with the public. It was painful to watch and very painful to Meldrum. Meldrum just acknowledged what he himself had observed and did not go anywhere near any sort of endorsement of Standing. I think Standing had expected some sort of endorsement and welcome to the bigfoot lecture circuit. Did not happen and since both Meldrum and Stroud were present at that painful confrontation, I believe they started distancing themselves from Standing if that process had already not started. I can just imagine them not wanting to be confronted like that in a public manner every time they and Standing disagreed about what might have happened. Just that would likely make neither of them interested in further association with Standing. Imagine yourself in the field with another researcher, and something happened that each of you interpreted differently. Rather than hash things out in private, the other researcher chose a conference format to air your differences in at attempt to get you to agree with his position out of public politeness.

Yeah, except just a month or so after the 2014 Sasquatch Summit, Meldrum went on Coast-to-Coast and hyped Standing. Meldrum even called Standing his colleague. Not to mention the radio show Meldrum did with Standing most of the summer of 2014. IF Meldrum has distanced himself from Standing, he should publicly say so.

At least Bindernagel laid out a minor boundary publicly at the 2014 Summit, trying to distance himself from Standing some.  To my knowledge I got the feeling Standing left that conference for Seattle not as whole as he was before the Summit.  Shot full of holes maybe but not a whole.  He may have gone ahead with his Seattle presentation that he was giving proceeds to the ASPCA or some such but if so, I can't find any documentation doing a cursory web search? I was told Bigfoot North website disappeared sometime after but never tried to confirm. 

Edited by bipedalist

The Coast to Coast show was on was Dec. 11, 2014.  Meldrum called Standing his colleague and talked fondly of his association with the project. I then saw a news show the next day or maybe the day after that where they were interviewing Standing in Seattle about his movie. Standing gushed about being called Meldrum's colleague. 

Standing hasn't gone anywhere - he just got quiet for some reason.

Standing hasn't gone anywhere - he just got quiet for some reason.

I suspect an easy answer ... lying low 'til a new wave of noobs comes along who fail to do their homework regarding who they associate with so he has someone new to "snow."   Eh, we'll see.  Like you, I sure don't count on him being truly gone.

MIB

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

Initially, Meldrum said the only reason he associated with Standing was the (internet)-radio or podcast ratings were sky high for Bigfoot North and visions of dollar signs danced in his head (ala Falcon Project et al).  Remember, Standing tried to "strong arm" his way into that failed project, who knows maybe it would have gone better with him than without him.....that is for the dreamers to iron out.  Then he must have been enamoured of some sightings potential and "assumed" research areas that Standing tripped over.  I notice that we don't see much of one of our Canadian posters with an avatar of a panda much since then (forgot his handle).  He apparently knew of the appropriated research area and how it came under the purview of Standing. 

Edited by bipedalist

BFF Patron

Well Standing or anyone can change their reputation by stepping back, dump the puppet heads, and come forth with something that stands up to examination. But once they have been associated with fabrication by accusation or evidence, it is going to take something really good to get anyone to even look at it. I suspect that if Todd came out with an HD full figure head to toe video of BF now that was authentic, people would say he really has learned now to make good costumes in the last year. If he had such footage, he might come out better monetarily and reputation wise if he did not claim it was real but just used the footage in some sort of docudrama without any claims as to its authenticity. Certainly if Hollywood needed video footage for a feature film they would come looking for him if he had good stuff, real or not. Depends on what he really wanted to do in the first place, be famous or save Sasquatch as he claims.

I call it "Ivan Marks Syndrome",  When publicity and attention become more important than the subject itself.

Thomas Steenburg

• Upvote 1

Here we go again LOL....let's not say anything of the such.

But with Todd's 10 no 15 no 20 years of tracking expertise I fully expect he will unleash the secret..

Edited by Maxtag