So You Have A Real Bigfoot

FarArcher

in the back of your truck.  Doesn't matter whether you shot it, it had a heart attack, or a limb fell on it - you have one - and it's loaded up in your truck.

What will you do next?

There are indicators that the scientific community - even the Smithsonian - has been provided with skeletons and skulls of many giants - and yet none are on display, none are available for inspection, and they say they don't have any.

The scientific community as an entity - seem to go to lengths to ignore the bulk of eyewitness sightings and even castings of footprints.

They are invested in a narrative that grudgingly changes every decade or so, moving back when mankind first arrived in North and Central America as the evidence is absolutely forced down their throats.

They have crafted a narrative, and that narrative does not allow for another species.  I personally, do not trust some of the DNA testing done that's inconclusive or on occasion attributed to another species.  Of course a large percentage of hair samples will be of other animals. 

But other things have been sent to scientific entities, including universities, and are never seen again.

Some say the military is very much aware of these, and that too, is concealed.  Others may ask to what end?  Same thing the narrative of the Phillistines suggested - giants come in handy if YOU have some, and your opponent doesn't.

So, if you let it be known you have one, both stated and federal authorities just may confiscate it.  The Feds also have a form that they carry with them that orders you in the interest of National Security, you can never speak of whatever, you can never refer to it, and they ask the names of everyone you've contacted, and they impose the same threat on them - one more conversation - or referral - and you go to prison.

So.

What are your ideas, or what are your plans, to ensure your treasure doesn't just disappear?

• Upvote 1

For anyone who's interested, I believe that this topic resurfaces periodically and we had a similar thread a year or two back.  I'm headed off for the night, or I'd find the links.  I note this solely in case anyone wants to look up the old threads.      

As for myself, I'm stuffing the cooling body and my bow saw into the back of my SUV and heading out to _______________ State University, where I offer the Biology Department the opportunity to take hair and tissue samples. I'll even saw them off a limb if they want.  Then it's straight _________ on I-_____ to the _________________ Zoo, where I offer up the body for a complete dissection and study, with a request that when they're done they have it properly taxidermed (is that the right word?) and placed on display at the zoo.  

The only drawback to this plan is that it may allow scientists/faculty from our arch-rival University of ________________________ to get their hands on the speciman.  The problem is that with a dead and rapidly decomposing body in the back, there's not enough time to draw up a contract with the _________________ Zoo obliging them not to turn over anything to the evil people at the University of _______________________.  

As far as preventing the treasure from disappering? You can't.  Even at the most mundane level, state and Federal officials are likely quite unhappy with people transporting dead animals across state lines in improperly equipped vehicles.  If stopped by the police, the body in the back of my SUV will resemble a human enough to justify probable cause to hold me on murder charges, meaning the corpse gets seized as evidence. About the only way to avoid having that happening is to saw off parts first, place them in sealed containers and then cache them somewhere secretly, locking the coordinates for each cache in the vault of your mind.  Of course, that would take a lot of sawing and the neighbors would likely suspect that I'm dismembering my wife, so ... back to the probable cause problem. 

Admin

The following presumes you are not trying to "cash in" from the find. It would have to be done anonymously. This nullifies the  character assassination episodes that are commonly used to discredit the find.

Scientists don't need big pieces to administer DNA tests.

1) Establish proof of source by video of the subject and the act of extracting the samples. Good video, show the teeth, , sexual organs, eyes, nostrils, ears, pull on the hair to demonstrate its not a suit or wig, etc. Don't show your face or other identifying features of yourself.

2) Detach the head and a foot and secretly store it.

3) Extract small chunks and send them to many, many universities, labs, etc throughout the world, including the same documented video from #1 showing the act of extracting the samples.

4) Send more samples to many, many news organizations throughout the world along with video from #1.

5) Leave the rest in the field.

6) shut up, until the species is acknowledged. If its not recognized as a BF, keep your mouth shut

Edited by gigantor
  • Upvote 2

If I had a body, I'm driving to Pocatello and handing it over to Jeff Meldrum. He's much more qualified to handle a specimen than me and he wouldn't bury the story or put it in a box and store it in a warehouse with Ark of the Covenant. Of course, I'm taking some hair and tissue samples, along with photos.

So.  No private arrangements to get a full body MRI?  No private arrangements to have an autopsy conducted by a four man team of forensic and anthropologists to fully document variations from humans? 

No arrangements to have an auction?  No arrangements with a friendly state like Texas to ensure ownership?  No arrangements with a skilled taxidermist to properly skin and preserve the outer skin and coating?  No arrangements for generating and preserving thousands of tissue slides from the organs?  No molds taken of the skinned body to preserve the shape of the muscular system?  even to provide duplicates?  No skeleton preparation and treatment to ensure proper treatment and thus conservancy?  For duplicate skeletal systems suitable for study?

If I have a complete specimen in the back of my truck. I'm going to find a untraceable place to store the body in cold storage. I'm also going to do this more than once with body parts. I will not have all of my eggs in one basket.

I would then take a sample to the scientist of my choosing, and have the DNA analyzed. When the sample came back as a new species of primate I would offer the body to the University of my choosing. I would ask for a donation from them to a 501c conservation group of my choosing. And I would keep several samples for myself.

And I would make sure that the university set up a press conference and anounced the findings to the world.

I would also request that I was kept in the loop on the study of the type specimen and reports would be given to me on their findings. I would then use that knowledge to further the conservation groups understanding of the creature and formulate a plan on how best to protect the species.

I would also lobby the USFG for federal protection of the species.

• Upvote 1

If I have a complete specimen in the back of my truck. I'm going to find a untraceable place to store the body in cold storage. I'm also going to do this more than once with body parts. I will not have all of my eggs in one basket.

I would then take a sample to the scientist of my choosing, and have the DNA analyzed. When the sample came back as a new species of primate I would offer the body to the University of my choosing. I would ask for a donation from them to a 501c conservation group of my choosing. And I would keep several samples for myself.

And I would make sure that the university set up a press conference and anounced the findings to the world.

I would also request that I was kept in the loop on the study of the type specimen and reports would be given to me on their findings. I would then use that knowledge to further the conservation groups understanding of the creature and formulate a plan on how best to protect the species.

I would also lobby the USFG for federal protection of the species.

That's a good plan. 

I wouldn't lobby for protection for one reason:  I think there are more than one species, and in order for them to be identified and studied, there needs to be access to take them too.

Some reports of three, four, five, and six toe critters, some reports match up with nineteenth century photos of one type having spikes coming out of their heads, then there are the Sheepsquatch - something entirely different, then there's the Eastern US variations, three that come to the top of my head.

I think blanket "protection" will kick in the Law of Unintended Consequences.

But I really like your idea of turning it over to a University.

I dont think there is more than one species, and I think alot of the three toed stuff can be attributed to mutations based on inbreeding.

We see this in humans.

And thanks.

i think what is important here is that this discovery be made apart of the public trust. Scientific knowledge should never be locked up in someones basement never to see the light of day. It belongs to everyone including the skeptics.

How one goes about that is ultimately up to them or the group that discovered it.