Forest Goes Silent When Bf Is Around

MNskeptic

Admin

I have been in our research area at night. Not a sound, and I mean no crickets, or other loud bug noises in August. Total silence for the entire 4 hours I was there. No stirring about by deer, total silence. Couldn't even get any response from coyotes.  It was like this when I arrived.  Pretty Odd.  A crystal clear summer night.

I've experienced this in the woods at night time. I've also listened too countless hours of nighttime and daytime audio and hear this happening for no apparent reason. I think it has to do with vibrations brought on by a number of reasons. I don't think Bigfoot is such a Chuck Norris that even the insects are going to stop chattering for him.

I've experienced this in the woods at night time. I've also listened too countless hours of nighttime and daytime audio and hear this happening for no apparent reason. I think it has to do with vibrations brought on by a number of reasons. I don't think Bigfoot is such a Chuck Norris that even the insects are going to stop chattering for him.

What would be source of those "vibrations brought on by a number of reasons?"  

Guest Crowlogic

The woods went silent, there was an eerie silence in the woods, I noticed the birds were not singing, even the cicadas were absent and then this foul smell wafted in and this huge ape like form stepped out of the brush.   It adds to the yarn, it makes the camp out jamboree scouts eyes wider and it's almost become a necessary prerequisite for a "credible" sighting report.  

What would be source of those "vibrations brought on by a number of reasons?"  

You stepping into the woods, thunder, loud noise like a gunshot, or plane flying overhead, ect. Sometimes they start and stop for no reason at all. It's like sometimes they're on timers that isn't dependant on any one thing.

I don't think the woods responds to BF presence much differently than it does us. Loud movement will quiet the insects and frogs or silence the owls and coyotes temporarily, but when you settle down the woods resumes normal activity. 

• Upvote 1

Guest Crowlogic

Ok, next time you're in the deep woods and they go silent, brush it off as just a seven minute lull.

Perhaps the next time the lull settles over a classroom it's from bigfoot as well.  Nobody denies the woods can go silent it's just that the a large smelly apish entity is not likely to be the reason.

Guest JiggyPotamus

I have wondered this myself on occasion. I have experienced a similar quieting of the forest that seems to be due to my presence, especially where birds are concerned. This does not always happen however. If I had to come up with a hypothesis it would be that animals go silent because of the possibility of predators. They notice a change of some sort, and perhaps because their brains have yet to process whether this change constitutes a threat, they stop making any noises that could potentially get them eaten. This could even apply to bugs. Crickets come to mind, as I hear them outside my bedroom window all the time. Sometimes they will make so much noise I cannot sleep, and then they will all just stop for some reason.

With this in mind it is feasible that the animals of the forest could react to the presence of a sasquatch. This begs the question however of why the animals would not do the same where the human witness is concerned, but perhaps they do. Or perhaps, the human having been in the area for a longer period of time than the sasquatch, the animals have already noticed the human's presence; and only upon the approach of the sasquatch do they again react.

Another possibility is that the human subconsciously picks up on a change associated by the approach of a sasquatch, and thus are more apt to notice that silence has fallen over any nearby animals- whereas humans may be less likely to notice such a silence that was brought about by their entering the vicinity. So the animals are reacting to the sasquatch and the human in the same way, but the human tends not to notice this reaction when it is due to their own presence.

I find it hard to believe that the animals themselves would react specifically to a bigfoot, unless that animal is a food source for the sasquatch. If that is the case then these prey animals would be much more likely to cease any noise-making, with self-preservation in mind. Of course all of these assume that witnesses are accurately reporting the reactions of the local wildlife. I tend to believe eyewitness testimony when there are many such reports to back up a particular claim, and I would have to agree that witnesses are reporting events relatively accurately, at least where the larger details are concerned. So the most logical explanation, at least in my opinion, has to do with where humans place their focus in a changing environment, even if the changes are perceived on a subconscious level.