Pro Kill Debate, Lansdale Vs Webb

norseman

Yuchi1

My Bad ! But If you were there and seen it first hand then what can I say. It's bad that a lot of groups just go way off and turn this into a party. Fine to have a great day of research and to come back to camp and relax. That's when I feel that things happen the most when people are at the most relax. It is never when you are prepared for them but when you are relaxed. Strange

^^^Yeah, like when they've just crawled into their tents and their gaurd is all the way down......the footsteps start around the tent or the knocks 50 yards away. I've been tempted to just go to bed early and pretend to snore.  :cool:

SB,

Re-read my prior postings,

Norseman,

Beg to differ, IMO, he is neither safety conscious nor any form of a leader.

So why hasnt the "killing bigfoot" film crew been shot?

I would think that working with a TV film crew would require serious safety protocol.

Hello southernyahoo,

^^^Yeah, like when they've just crawled into their tents and their gaurd is all the way down......the footsteps start around the tent or the knocks 50 yards away. I've been tempted to just go to bed early and pretend to snore.  :cool:

Last month four of us went wilderness camping beside a small pond that was three miles in off the access road. We hiked in with about 35 lbs. each and spent three days there. Just before dark I ran a continuous line of thread a bit thinner than button thread about 75 ft. out starting at the pond on one side of the campsite. I tied a cowbell in the end of it and draped it over a branch by the water about 3-4 ft. off the ground. Maintaining the same distance more or less from camp I took off through the woods and ran the thread at the same height from the ground on the outside of trees in a semi-circle until I again reached the edge of the pond on the other side of the camp. There I tied on another cowbell and again just passed the thread over a branch and let it dangle.

Presto! the team had a perimeter alarm to alert us to any animal like a deer, Moose, bear, or Sasquatch that wanted to approach our camp. Nothing came through. In the morning I lifted the cowbells off of their branches where they crossed the trail that went along the water through the camp and we could come and go all day unhindered. At night I simply slipped the ends with the bells back on their branches and for three nights we slept well. Of course had the thread been parted and the bells came down I would have another story to tell LOL.

Cheap poor man's intruder alert and you heard it here first from ol' hiflier.

Hello Norseman,

...So why hasnt the "killing bigfoot" film crew been shot?

I would think that working with a TV film crew would require serious safety protocol.

Because Humans have learned not to shoot the money maybe?

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 2

^^^ Norseman, apples-to-oranges

The "hunts" I was involved in were more of a real world event, not a carefully controlled and contrived scenario such as a cable TV show.

Comparing opinions of various individuals. Mine of Lansdale is based upon FTF interaction, what is yours based upon? Have yet to see a tiger shed it's stripes, do you know why?

Edited by Yuchi1

I think your comparison is over the top, and says alot about your character.

And I know that if Destination America thought for one second that the GCBRO was dangerous to their film crew they would pull the plug.

Your FTF stories are just that stories, and you have a axe to grind with pro kill advocates, not only the GCBRO but also NAWAC. So I dont but much faith in what you say about any of them.....sorry.

• Upvote 1

While we're critiquing people's character.

For someone that has yet to attain a FTF encounter with the subject of this entire forum, yet proceeds to demonize it via your pet website whilst basically totally ignorant of the actual subject, and make herculean leaps in logic about what others say that is in contrast to your own opinions, speaks volumes.

Per Martin (post #26) my opinion of Lansdale/GCBRO is not an isolate.

Since when has a cable TV production company who's primary objective certainly appears to be entertainment value, become such an authority on the subject of this forum?

Edited by Yuchi1
  • Upvote 2

How the heck would anyone know if the guns are even loaded.

They have been trying to kill one for 20 years with no luck.... and now somehow cameras and a film crew going to help?

I'm all about shooting one of these things but to even think for one minute this show is anything other than tabloid entertainment right beside the Kardashian's and Ghost Hunter's is an incredible stretch.

Edited by Martin
  • Upvote 1

While we're critiquing people's character.

For someone that has yet to attain a FTF encounter with the subject of this entire forum, yet proceeds to demonize it via your pet website whilst basically totally ignorant of the actual subject, and make herculean leaps in logic about what others say that is in contrast to your own opinions, speaks volumes.

Per Martin (post #26) my opinion of Lansdale/GCBRO is not an isolate.

Since when has a cable TV production company who's primary objective certainly appears to be entertainment value, become such an authority on the subject of this forum?

You have the attention span of a gnat.

I said lansdale is safety concious and a leader now, and the show proves it.

I never called him a squatch expert.......cuz there are none.

• Upvote 1

All the show "proves" is Lansdale does exactly what the producers/directors tell him to do in a tightly scripted environment. IMO, he is the "leader" of a ship of fools and your personal attacks illustrate a foundation of clay feet underlying  suppositions predicated upon gross ignorance/arrogance not to mention your total lack of understanding for all things BF related.

Signed,

Gnat

Edited by Yuchi1
  • Upvote 3