Pro Kill Debate, Lansdale Vs Webb

norseman

IMO, Lansdale is firmly "no-kill".

The 2X we went to "Monster Central", he never got more than ~30' from the campfire or his truck. He "ain't" gonna kill anything with that M.O..

IMO... A Total Poser.

• Upvote 1

IMO, he's afraid of them and by virtue of such fear will not engage them in any sort of FTF actions, content to be a mouthpiece and let others do his dirty work.  It did not take long to figure out this person is a lot of wind blowing with absolutely no trees bending.

• Upvote 1

I do not see the problem. Many people with many different back grounds can come together to support the pro kill mission. Not everyone is made to be or desires to be a trigger puller.

Nothing dirty about it, we need people who will crunch sightings data, help out with logistics or camp duties, or be a spokesman.

It all helps!

I love camping and try to do it frequently. Yearly there is a group of us that go on a somewhat extended trip in which we do not visit any nearby towns the entire time and in most cases never see another person except those in our group. Going into the trip we always assign tasks to each person as camp duty. Certain people are to help keep firewood, some are the cooks and some have the fun job of cleaning up. This is a good way to make sure things are always done when they should be, really helps keep the camp organized.

IMO, he wants to be the Big Dog (as opposed to the camp flunkie) however, the behaviors I observed exhibited a total reticence to get out in the brush and actually be what he postures to the public.  What took the cake was the second trip down to MC (at Lansdale's invitation to search for the body) he later admitted to having his own son covertly trail me while going through the search operations. In all three instances, I heard him, stopped and took up a position and waited to see what it was that was trailing me. What if I had been like one of the other guys (woodswatcher) who (IMO) is also scared of the woods, had been there and decided to shoot first (i.e. NAWAC) and ask questions later? Could have been a major tragedy so (IMO) for someone to send their own flesh & blood to do what they are afraid to do is, by definition, gross cowardice.

• Upvote 2

Well they say it takes all kinds.... and we've got all kinds, but someone does something as safety stupid as that, putting other people at risk, just never, ever have anything to do with them again. It'd be enough for me just the sneak of it, people start dicking around like that, there's something else going on, and I'd walk away, never mind the safety part.

Lansdale, has always been in a pro kill group, but has also presented his opinion of bigfoot as a very intelligent creature that avoids cameras, much like they have done with NAWAC. He seemed to contradict this in this debate, but if they were clear images he would have shown them on this show. He says they are nuisance animals, but I would say that cameras do fix that to a degree. That doesn't work with any other animal.

• Upvote 1

But every so many times you get lucky and you do get that picture. The best thing to do is to hold on to it and not share it. There have been many times I have been wanting to be that trigger man and I just stopped and said no. Yet for them to be on the books so to say one does need to be killed.

DNA has nothing in this no more, it is now a body. A body is evidence of that DNA and this how we might learn of a split. Just my opinion

• Upvote 1

I'd love to see one on a slab but don't believe I could pull the trigger if looking at one thru a scope. If they exist, IMO they have human DNA. I'd rather one came in from natural causes.

^^^ Am aware of two people that did precisely that, looked at them through a rifle scope and could not, would not pull the trigger, after getting a clear look at their facial characteristics.

• Upvote 1

Guest JiggyPotamus

Sasquatch seem to be rather intelligent, at least in some respects, and are definitely more like us than any other animal on earth. As such it makes sense that we would wish to protect them, even moreso than we as a species try to protect other animals. However, I think that a specimen indeed needs to be retrieved, and it history is a judge then the only way we can accomplish this goal is to go out and kill one unfortunately. While I consider myself pro-kill, a more accurate desciption is pro-kill with restrictions. I do not think that many people should get their guns and go bigfoot hunting. I think it needs to be a group effort, even if many independent groups. The point of a group is to ensure that all angles are covered. A detailed plan of not only what to do with the creature needs to be had, but also a very detailed logistical plan on how the creature will be taken out of the woods. It is not possible to carry an average bigfoot, especially considering it would be dead weight (terrible pun unintentional.) Actually, is that even a pun, considering that is probably the origin of the phrase to begin with? Anyway, there are other important restrictions as well.

A group can use their resources and network to locate an adequate marskman for the job. This needs to be someone who is extremely proficient and accurate, because the last thing one wants to do is unnecessarily wound one of these animals and cause it to suffer, or God forbid, get away wounded. As much uncertainty needs to be eliminated as humanly possible. Contingencies need to be developed for every plan, and ever contingency should have a contingency. This is just too important to mess up in my opinion. Even an individual, if they are actively trying to hunt a sasquatch, should have the same manner of plan with numerous contingencies, with all the details worked out beforehand. I think someone should be prosecuted if they are actively trying to kill a bigfoot and they end up wounding one, or if they kill it and cannot get it out of the woods. However, someone who doesn't know bigfoot exists, and who shoots it out of fear, depending on the exact circumstances, maybe should get a bit of leniency. As an example of what not to do is the Smeja incident. The alleged shooting was not a spur of the moment defense based upon fear in my opinion, but was thought out, even if not too well, and should never have occurred. He should have known he wasn't going to take the bodies out of the woods, and thus should never have shot. So that is what I am saying- have a plan for getting the creature transported, etc...And once this specimen is retrieved, all other hunts should immediately be halted.