Pro Kill Debate, Lansdale Vs Webb

norseman

He who hunts that which he has not seen, that which he has no knowledge thereof, that which he does not understand is bound for failure predicated upon a mountain of ignorance, hence the blah, blah, blah recitation.

IMO, Lansdale has seen them and shot at them....why do you think he is so afraid of them?

They truly are his "monsters".

Yuchi, you argue from a point of authority as if YOU are the Squatch whisperer or something.....

If you have some tangible evidence to offer up? I'm willing to listen....

Other wise your just an anti kill cultist with an axe to grind concerning pro kill groups with some really cool stories thrown in.

Nothing more.

Why...do you think groups such as GCBRO, NAWAC, et. al. have been unsuccessful in their efforts?

Based upon my personal observations of Lansdale's behavior, NAWAC's Coyler & McClurkin shootings (as published on their website/Youtube) there appears to be a common denominator....fear.

They are totally afraid of the subject matter and as such, are in no way committed to the full prosecution of their stated goal.

There's a saying, postulated by the USMC, Coach Lombardi, etc., ..."courage is not the absence of fear, rather, the will to overcome it"...

IMO, the above referenced individuals/organizations are woefully short in that department.

Groups like the GCBRO and NAWAC? What you must mean is that every club on the planet has thus far been unsuccessful......correct? Is that also caused by fear?

But I'm confused, if they are as incompetent as you say they are? Then there must be great danger of being shot by one of your own team mates, right? And yet each and every one of them you know to be cowards? Whats wrong with this picture?

Besides some hunters are shot each year while deer hunting. Can you point to a single example of a bigfoot hunter being shot while out in the field with either the GCBRO or the NAWAC?

BFF Patron

How the heck would anyone know if the guns are even loaded.

They have been trying to kill one for 20 years with no luck.... and now somehow cameras and a film crew going to help?

I'm all about shooting one of these things but to even think for one minute this show is anything other than tabloid entertainment right beside the Kardashian's and Ghost Hunter's is an incredible stretch.

Exactly, it's like Gold Rush, Dual Survivor and Moonshiners.  How do you know it's not painted flecks of sand, dayhikers claiming all nighters and hillbillies swilling spring water in all these "reality" TV shows, bet is on, besides a few painted looking nuggets there is very little "real" about them.  Even FB had fake bird sounds, dubbed sound tracks and all because nature was at a premium.

If you can prove there is real in "reality" offer up your evidence.  

Guest OntarioSquatch

Why...do you think groups such as GCBRO, NAWAC, et. al. have been unsuccessful in their efforts?

Based upon my personal observations of Lansdale's behavior, NAWAC's Coyler & McClurkin shootings (as published on their website/Youtube) there appears to be a common denominator....fear.

They are totally afraid of the subject matter and as such, are in no way committed to the full prosecution of their stated goal.

There's a saying, postulated by the USMC, Coach Lombardi, etc., ..."courage is not the absence of fear, rather, the will to overcome it"...

IMO, the above referenced individuals/organizations are woefully short in that department.

I don't know about the GCBRO, but the NAWAC's lack of success with firearms can't be attributed to fear. Daryl Colyer for instance fired every shell he had and actually managed to injure it with at least the first shot. In the other incident, Mark McClurkan didn't have enough time to focus his aim. 

BFF Patron

Where are you getting proof NAWAC injured an unknown primate, from alleged blood spatter that never panned out? 

Guest OntarioSquatch

It's not proven of course, but I wanted to clear up the misconception that it was fear that somehow lead them to not collecting a specimen.

McClurkan emptied the clip of his AR platform rifle into the woods at a sound that scared him. 

Coyler shot "something" in the back in "gangbanger" fashion via a rapid succession of rounds fired w/o appropriate target acquisition.

He later expressed fear at being out in the tent at night and conveyed this to his cohort, urging him to retreat to the safety of the cabin.

The animation of his voice in recounting said event appear to indicate the validity of my contentions.

All...of the above comments can be found on the NAWAC Monogram segment as well as various YouTube vignettes they published.

These are their words and publications....not mine.

Edited by Yuchi1

Guest OntarioSquatch

Coyler shot "something" in the back in "gangbanger" fashion via a rapid succession of rounds fired w/o appropriate target acquisition.

The TBRC's original reveal of the shooting indicates that Colyer got a pretty view of the subject.

Colyer moved down the path toward the West Cabin with Diaz following at fifty or sixty feet. Lawrence was out of their sight as he followed a nearby parallel creek bed. When Colyer rounded a bend in the road and entered a clearing in front of the West Cabin, he witnessed a large, brown, upright, hair-covered figure walking in front of him at a distance of roughly 25-30 yards. Colyer noted it had long hair on its shoulders and the back of its head, which was distinctly conical in shape. He saw it from the left side and slightly to the back; its front was not visible to him at any point. Upon later comparison with a 6’3″ tall TBRC member, the creature was estimated to have been both more massive and somewhat taller.

Walking to the south, the creature was momentarily obscured by vegetation and was then visible through an eight to ten foot opening in the dense foliage, still approximately 25-30 yards from Colyer’s position. Using his Remington 1100 Tac-4 12 gauge auto-loading shotgun, loaded with 000 buckshot followed by slugs, he attempted to collect the animal for scientific analysis, firing all the rounds in rapid succession. Colyer then approached the spot where the animal had been, reloading as he walked, but found no body. 

Per the report, Colyer shot it in the back w/o any facial observation/confirmation as to exactly what the target was.

There are homo sapiens in Leflore county Oklahoma that would closely fit his description, pre-shot(s).

Edited by Yuchi1

A question for the Pro-Kill side of the debate:

Assuming these creatures are real, why do we actually need to kill one? Is it simply out of the will to prove they exist or do they need to be recognized so as to protect their habitat etc. before some irreparable harm is done?

Groups like the GCBRO and NAWAC? What you must mean is that every club on the planet has thus far been unsuccessful......correct? Is that also caused by fear?

But I'm confused, if they are as incompetent as you say they are? Then there must be great danger of being shot by one of your own team mates, right? And yet each and every one of them you know to be cowards? Whats wrong with this picture?

Besides some hunters are shot each year while deer hunting. Can you point to a single example of a bigfoot hunter being shot while out in the field with either the GCBRO or the NAWAC?

You're trying to extrapolate my comments regarding specific individuals/groups to all individuals/groups involved in this field, really?

Deer hunters shot? What are the numbers regarding total deer hunters afield each year versus BF killers afield? Please render some relevance to your comment.

I/you don't know if anyone has been shot during any of these groups' "hunts" as they would likely want to keep that under wraps for obvious reasons. However, Mr. Branson's nephew and his GF apparently were in some level of danger when Coyler, et. al. opened fire (as the NAWAC people didn't know they were in the vicinity) for the NAWAC's quickly coughed up a wad of cash as reimbursement for damage caused their vehicle.

Given the fact our hunting lease is a few hundred yards adjacent to Mr. Branson's 10 acre plot, and knowing what I have observed while hunting there, IMO, Colyer likely shot one of the cinnamon phase black bears that have been seen in the area. Betcha a cold Dr. Pepper the blood sample came back as such and caused enough red faces to warrant a good cover story.

Edited by Yuchi1