Pro Kill Debate, Lansdale Vs Webb

norseman

So you have nothing concerning safety related injuries with either group......gotcha.

And Im saying your reasoning as to why the GCBRO and NAWAC are unsuccessful is ludicris. Based on the fact that NO sasquatch group has ever been successful with proving one exists....never ever. So your statement is baseless. What ever plagues them must plague everyone because the results are the same.

A pro-kill or no-kill viewpoint doesn't change the facts.

Did NAWAC shoot someone's car?

Were shots fire in the general direction of civilians?

My understanding is that upon hearing gun shots the nephew and girlfriend freaked out and did damage to the car themselves on the way out.

NAWAC had permission to be on the property.

If I give permission for someone to hunt my ranch, I make sure no one else is on there that day.

Why the nephew decided to go onto the property while the NAWAC was there is not known.

And the fact the NAWAC apologized and fixed the car shows their character I think.

IMO, it shows they felt a degree of negligence with possible liability for reckless discharge of a firearm which speaks to character as well.

Guest OntarioSquatch

In some of their recent interviews they've stated that in some cases they've held off from raising a gun due to not knowing where another member of the group is. 

So you have nothing concerning safety related injuries with either group......gotcha.

And Im saying your reasoning as to why the GCBRO and NAWAC are unsuccessful is ludicris. Based on the fact that NO sasquatch group has ever been successful with proving one exists....never ever. So your statement is baseless. What ever plagues them must plague everyone because the results are the same.

That's true. If Yuchi1 read the monograph, he would know that based on the NAWAC's observations, the Sasquatch aren't giving them enough time to collect a specimen. The majority of the hard visual contacts that they've had have been brief fleeting glimpses; just barely enough time for them to process in their heads what they're seeing. 

Edited by OntarioSquatch

Guest OntarioSquatch

A question for the Pro-Kill side of the debate:

Assuming these creatures are real, why do we actually need to kill one? Is it simply out of the will to prove they exist or do they need to be recognized so as to protect their habitat etc. before some irreparable harm is done?

I think most people would try to do it for either money or fame. Others like the NAWAC are doing it for habitat preservation, but come to think of it, the NAWAC is the only group that's doing it for habitat preservation. 

It's worth noting that there aren't very many pro-kill groups out there to begin with. Most people who are pro-kill aren't part of any organization. From what I've seen so far, they're mostly individuals who have a casual interest in the subject.

Edited by OntarioSquatch

^^^ Touche'

In some of their recent interviews they've stated that in some cases they've held off from raising a gun due to not knowing where another member of the group is. 

That's true. If Yuchi1 read the monograph, he would know that based on the NAWAC's observations, the Sasquatch aren't giving them enough time to collect a specimen. The majority of the hard visual contacts that they've had have been brief fleeting glimpses; just barely enough time for them to process in their heads what they're seeing. 

I read the monograph and their current "alleged" forebearance with "shooting first, asking questions later" methodology (if, in fact it is being employed) may well have it's origin in the two aforementioned incidents (where shooting sans proper target ID and/or at sounds/shadows) where (IMO) proper shooter protocols were not followed.

It is what it is as (IMO) these people have a published track record of apparent reckless use of firearms.

^^^ That requires a complaint to be filed with LE.  Probably why (IMO) NAWAC rushed in with a check for several thousand dollars designed to preclude such action.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
What ever plagues them must plague everyone because the results are the same.

Yep

Yep Yep

I think most people would try to do it for either money or fame. Others like the NAWAC are doing it for habitat preservation, but come to think of it, the NAWAC is the only group that's doing it for habitat preservation. 

This has always felt like a cover story to mask the other motives to me. The NAWAC is a group with a long list of people who reportedly had their own sightings and encounters. It definately isn't just about the habitat, but it looks better to potential donators and the donations are/ were to be the means to an end. These people believed for a long time that this "animal" was going to be studied like any other, ( wildlife biology model) but it's not working out that way. They get the fleeting glimpses, crazy eperiences of being touched in bed asleep, objects thrown, knocks and vocals like most others who have as good a place to spend their time. 

Guest OntarioSquatch

They're spending a lot more than they're getting, but I'd say it's true that habitat preservation isn't their main goal.

It seems like they're there just for the sole purpose of getting Sasquatch recognized as real, but they can't tell people that that's what they're there for, so they list habitat preservation as their main priority. 

Hello OntarioSquatch,

Their goal is in the proper order as it should be for any group on the same wavelength. Animal first and foremost. Everything else will follow.