Reasons To Be Doubtful

Lake County Bigfooot

There have been many reports from Southeastern states in which the witnesses have seen BF carrying clubs. I have seen homeowner's dogs that were killed by blunt force leaving rounded grooves where their skulls were crushed. I've seen deer that were killed that way. When they forage around home sites where free ranging dogs are present, they are more likely to be carrying a club.

There is a report from North Arkansas that I wrote up and which is posted on the late Bobbie Short's web site in which a BF entered the yard of a home carrying a club. The people had some dogs that were "booger barking" like mad. Resident upstairs looked out the window and saw the BF with a club headed to the folk's chicken house. He ran down to the front door and couldn't open the screen door for a few seconds because the dogs were huddled against it. Full moon, and the BF had walked between the man and a large butane in the yard.

During another investigation along an oxbow lake in south Arkansas the witness and I were eating lunch on the tailgate of my truck when I decided to do a wood knock with a good sized hickory limb I brought back from south Alabama after Hurricane Ivan. (I was proud of that stick.) Anyway, got it from behind the back seat, walked to a Mocker Nut Hickory tree in front of the truck an hit it hard one time. My good stick broke and I hollered "D--- It"! I walked back and was complaining about the broken stick when we heard the loudest wood knock I've ever heard. It sounded like a log had been struck against one of the hollow Tupelo Gum tree a hundred yards or so behind us in the deep woods beside the lake. I wheeled to get my camera out of the front seat, and walked quickly back to the tailgate. I was messing with the camera and was talking to the witness about the loudness of the sound.. I glanced at him and saw he was just pointing toward the sound and his eyes were wide open and he couldn't talk he was so scared. I asked if he was OK, and he finally whispered, "I saw that thing"! He said it was behind a huge pine tree he pointed out which was about 30 or 40 yards from us. (We were parked in a small clearing where locals sometimes camped or parked to fish in the lake.)

I started running toward the tree with the camera ready but all I saw was the thick brush and small pines moving as the BF hauled butt. The ground around the tree had been recently rooted up by feral hogs. There were BF tracks exactly where the witness had seen it. The tracks were huge. The witness and his extended family had heard and/or seen a large BF in the area for years. The witness's Grandmother said the thing had keep her awake many nights when it "bellowed for hours just like an elephant."

Edited by Branco
  • Upvote 1

[sigh] ...why I keep on telling people to get read up on the evidence....

There is evidence that they leave good hitting sticks next to good hitting trees.  This requires too much smarts?  No more than chimps are using ...or even woodpeckers, who know where all the downspouts are on their territories.

I've seen precisely one report of a "could be" knocking stick, so is there somewhere these are getting documented so we know it's actually a pattern not a fluke?

Well, unless yours is this one, here's another:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gYoj-WGH5U  It's under the "Observations" paragraph.

No, we don't have hundreds of reports.  But anyone trying to convince me that a human or another known animal was doing that knocking - which was almost certainly all done with that piece of firewood - is gonna have a very hard time finding evidence of that.  Which is all I'll pay attention to.

Personally, I thought the Jacobs' photo was compelling.

This GIF shows the creature approaching the bait, the same creature bending down to smell the bait, and a bear cub that also came by to investigate the bait.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=jacobs+creature+photos&view=detailv2&&id=162BE2D0A3AC2F5DB208DE6B2D85F8482CBC751D&selectedIndex=0&ccid=MfU32LhX&simid=608048223216600916&thid=OIP.M31f537d8b8571219cda904bde130a53cH0&ajaxhist=0

I have never seen that GIF before.  I find it interesting that the first shot of the creature, before sniffing the bait, shows the pointed head / sagittal crest attributed to Sasquatch.  I may have to rethink this sighting.  I had always passed it off as a mangy bear before.

• Upvote 2

I watched the Coywolf documentary as well, really brought up some relevant points. The nearer to the urban area they lived the more nocturnal their behavior. They also knew how to use every bit of cover to move around without being seen by humans, and waiting till the humans backs were turned. Well if Sasquatch exist, and I believe it does, it must be much smarter than a Coywolf! Of course now I have re-entered the world of belief, but I will entertain for the moment. If what I recorded in 2013-2014 is Sasquatch related it suggests that these creatures are somehow able to live in proximity to humans, even near higher traffic areas. All of the activity, apart from the original whoops that took place around 11pm, took place after midnight and before 6am, It seems that whatever I was recording was acting in a nocturnal fashion, that and the fact that it was connected to the coyote behavior, both points are worth noting. I digress, but again you see why it is easy to form a belief in some type of activity, of course the tree banging is the substance, if I could prove that was a human I lose all need to think of sasquatch involvement. The recording device I use is directional in nature, I point the microphones toward the marsh, I can hear a left and right relationship, this tree banging is taking place fairly near and to the left of recorder, the same area I had a tree go down right after I took a leak behind my shed, coincidental, maybe, but again fuel for my belief. Never had a tree come down in my yard and this one comes down without wind, and right after I took a leak. I have checked this area many times for tracks, and found none, so what is the rub, can they avoid leaving tracks that well? If they walked in the marsh the tracks would be evident, the surrounding ground is harder, but I still think tracks could be found, this is the ultimate proof I need to confirm this whole belief thing, a good track, of course we just got better than a foot of snow, so a snow track is all I can hope for. I do bait the area occasionally to bring predators near the recorder and to see what tracks I can find. It also gives me a good idea of what each sounds like as they approach the recorder.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

Personally, I thought the Jacobs' photo was compelling.

This GIF shows the creature approaching the bait, the same creature bending down to smell the bait, and a bear cub that also came by to investigate the bait.

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=jacobs+creature+photos&view=detailv2&&id=162BE2D0A3AC2F5DB208DE6B2D85F8482CBC751D&selectedIndex=0&ccid=MfU32LhX&simid=608048223216600916&thid=OIP.M31f537d8b8571219cda904bde130a53cH0&ajaxhist=0

I have never seen that GIF before.  I find it interesting that the first shot of the creature, before sniffing the bait, shows the pointed head / sagittal crest attributed to Sasquatch.  I may have to rethink this sighting.  I had always passed it off as a mangy bear before.

I have not seen that gif before either, but it is excellent.  Pretty hard to see that as a mangy bear.  I have always felt it was not proportioned to be a bear, and still feel that way.  The gif makes that more apparent IMO.

I like the Jacobs photo sequence, yet it is inconclusive though compelling, much like Patty.

If you are prone to belief these things are wind in your sails so to speak, if you are prone

to disbelief these things seem fake or simply a bear. The state of the mind is a filter and

you cannot avoid it. To be scientific is to be objective, so when we approach any evidence we

need to objectify ourselves. First of all juvenile bears are seen in the photo, then a intriguing subject that could be a juvenile sasquatch. Well you decide, but logic would say it is most likely the mother of those cubs, that is objective and logical. Would these bears be so close by especially with young if a Sasquatch family was also in the area, not likely as they would be competing for resources, but we all have seen things in nature that defied logic so it is

still possible because we cannot prove beyond doubt it is the mother bear, a possibility is not always logical. The pic of the creature standing upright before the bait is not the originals it is a hypothetical recreation. The one on all fours and the one bending over are the originals.

Whatever one thinks about Jacobs: no one attempting to debunk it has made a compelling case.  In fact, I haven't seen an effort that wasn't, from a strictly scientific standpoint, at least borderline laughable.  Please:  no one Photoshop superimpose any more bear bones clipped from another website into the Jacobs photos, OK?

I look at all pictures and videos with a skeptical eye.  I am not inclined to believe it is a BF type creature, I am more inclined to believe all pictures and video are something else first. What I do is I look at what is actually there and try to rationally deduce what makes the most sense given what information is out there to make such deductions.  I still have a hard time seeing that subject being a mangy bear because of the proportions, however that does not mean it isn't.  It does make logical sense that it could be a bear given that other bears were in the area - I agree that makes sense.  What doesn't add up to me are the actual proportions of whatever it is in the video.  Very hard to see how that is a bear, even a very skinny, mangy one, but I have not ruled it out.  I doubt much more is learned about this particular sequence of pictures, but you never know.  I do know I don't know what it is and I find it hard to fit a bears proportions into what we see on the film, and that includes seeing comparison pictures of mangy bears and how they look that have been posted in another thread about the Jacobs pictures.  I have not come to any conclusion.

IMO it's got a bear problem like the skookum cast has an elk problem, in a simple numbers game the known animal is 500:1 more likely, so until you can say there's less than two tenths of a percent chance it was a known animal, then you may as well give up on it.

In looking at the pics again - I look at the feet, and they aren't very long.  More "paw" like.  Also the "hands" don't look like they are long or have fingers, again more "paw" like.  Those two things point to a bear, although I have never seen a bear with limbs that long in proportion to its body.

The fact of the matter is we are used to seeing bears with fur, so proportions are skewed in our minds, along side the Jacob's photo in that same link above a mangy bear looks very similar when straightening out it's rear legs, so perhaps that is enough to reach a conclusion from shear logic. Baby bear, Momma bear, too bad momma lost her fur. I wish it were a juvenile sasquatch, but momma sasquatch has trained her baby a bitter better than momma bear. My "belief" is that sasquatch train their young vigorously in the art of avoiding human detection. I "believe" that is part of what I experienced in 2013, a juvenile who was still a bit shy on the learning curve, enough so to vocalize and that is a no no, momma reluctantly answered the one cry for help and knowing the danger of being sighted by the police patrol. Being sighted destroys the opportunity to stay in an area, and that is why these things are so smart, they know when humans are on to them and they retreat beyond our reach, and then reappear somewhere else and so on and so on, and that is how they survive, shear skill in avoiding being detected. OK, they occasionally are forced to move and get caught in the act of doing so, or a human stumbles upon them unexpectedly. With limited numbers of these creatures it is not hard to hide from detection. If 4 creatures occupy a 500 mile area how often would they be sighted, well that number depends on the population around them, the more humans moving about, the better the chance of being sighted. Behavior is dictated by surroundings, the more secure the surroundings the bolder the creature becomes, the more dicey the surroundings the more reclusive the creature becomes, but they can avoid detection as long as they have vast spaces, or adapt by being far more inventive in the smaller spaces, animals of a lesser intelligence are able to do so. Mountain lions have been in the Midwest from the 1950s at least, but only recently the numbers were large enough to document that fact, so unless sasquatch increase in numbers to a greater degree, well I think detection is next to impossible, just those rare and fleeting glimpses and the guy shaking his head, and thinking what the.......?

Fair enough a sibling would make sense as well.. but I like the momma sasquatch story I just told so entertain me...