Bigfoothunting: How's Business?

Squatchy McSquatch

Question to any and all bigfoot hunters on the board:

How many bigfoot do you hunt/capture on a monthly basis?

How do you gauge your successes and failures?

Is there a monthly quota in bigfoothunting?

• Upvote 4

Well, capture on camera is a legit topic. Its also a huge waste of time for a blobsquatch. Unless you have a plan that is rational. There are a couple of rational scenarios. But I am anti-release, so your not going to find them out from me.

But hey, I get floored all the time with the nonsense about chasin em down. Deal with reality, Deal with the available information. But nooooooooo.....

I'm a firm believer in catch and release myself. The meat is rather gamey . The smell and taste is somewhat like sauerkraut and salmon with a hint of garlic.

It doesn't appeal to me personally.

Then there's the problem if you bag one it's family members come in the middle of the night to retrieve the body.

They usually give it a proper burial under a mound of rocks or dispose of it in a river.

It is also said that it gets eaten by its group.

Just obey your state's laws hunting these things. We owe it to our children's children.

Wag I  appreciate your feedback but I'm not interested in catch-and-release bigfoothunting.

I'm talking about Bigfoothunting.

Hunting Bigfoot. How does one measure success? 

If no bigfoot is hunted at the end of the day how is it weighed against previous bigfoothunting expeditions?

I'm a firm believer in catch and release myself. The meat is rather gamey . The smell and taste is somewhat like sauerkraut and salmon with a hint of garlic.
It doesn't appeal to me personally.
Then there's the problem if you bag one it's family members come in the middle of the night to retrieve the body.
They usually give it a proper burial under a mound of rocks or dispose of it in a river.
It is also said that it gets eaten by its group.
Just obey your state's laws hunting these things. We owe it to our children's children.

This is the best thing I've ever read on this forum.

Let's say hypothetically I have unsuccessfully been huntingbigfoot since 2003.

Can I be a bigfoothunter without having huntedbigfoot?

Would this be prudent?

I catch about 20 on a good day, a dozen or so on a bad day.

Failure is always an option, so I don't judge it as a bad thing.

I think it's 30 here in Tejas.

No, that's me and my government buddies doing our part for the big cover-up.

• Upvote 1

I don't actively hunt or catch bigfoot. I consider it my duty to read every report ever reported, and by doing so have determined the creature exists beyond a shadow of a doubt, and that Science is remiss in not following my lead, as I am a self-proclaimed scientist, and am smarter than anyone else on this board.

• Upvote 3

Well, Squatchy, being in Canada, I'm actually a Sasquatch hunter, not a bigfoot hunter, as that term applies to those newcomers south of the 49th parallel, but I'll try to satisfy your curiosity anyway.

1. I hunt 4 or 5 every month, but I have yet to capture or kill any, though I have seen 1, and found a trackway in the same creek valley as that sighting.

2. I gauge my successes and failures by the amount of pleasure I get from the act of hunting, and the exercise burn I feel at the end of a great day out in the forest.

3. No quota (also known as "bag limit") in British Columbia, but I don't seem to be in danger of exceeding the daily or yearly bag limit if it did exist.

I do feel sorry for all of those who have an interest in the existence of Sasquatch/Bigfoot who do not take the opportunity to get out in the wild country to actually hunt (as in search, not necessarily capture) this most elusive of creatures; they are missing a wonderful experience.

Cheers from the "Squatchiest place on earth".

• Upvote 2

Actually, my previous post has made me curious..........If you're actively out in the field searching for Sasquatch/Bigfoot:

How do you define success/failure on a particular search?

Would a track find or vocal capture change the way you currently hunt in that you would be only interested in a type specimen as progress or would be happy to find multiple prints etc.?

What would you do if you captured decent footage of a creature?

How long would you keep the belief if you found nothing at all for multiple years (assuming you hadn't claimed to have seen the creature)? 

"How long would you keep the belief if you found nothing at all for multiple years (assuming you hadn't claimed to have seen the creature)? "

This is an interesting question. Often someone will claim some sort of sighting, usually fleeting and from a distance. This can often be the only sighting over a long time spent searching. I have to wonder. The mind will give you what you want. Spend enough time in the woods looking for bigfoot, and most people are going to see bigfoot. This sighting will then verify the effort put in and confirm belief. Then you're good to go for another 20 years. 

Guest Crowlogic

I gauge my successes and failures by the amount of pleasure I get from the act of hunting, and the exercise burn I feel at the end of a great day out in the forest.

Cheers from the "Squatchiest place on earth".

Perhaps the operative word is bigfoot searcher and not bigfoot hunter.  If we really want to be high brow bigfoot researcher but it is strictly for those 'lectual types with letters after their names.  

BC witness sums it up perfectly  with "the pleasure I get from the act of hunting."  Bigfoot from start to finish is a form of recreation and entertainment.   

Okay, points noted from skeptic peanut gallery.

i) Crawl through brambles more often, it's not acceptable to enjoy yourself doing fieldwork.

ii) Don't actually be looking for one when you find one, or don't actually find one when you're looking, that's suspicious.

iii) They don't have to be smart enough to realise that hunting or searching are synonyms of each other, to criticise the motives and methods of people who get off their actual butts and get in the woods, or figurative butts and check out the data.

iv) They are still finding it more satisfying to tell others what to think than using the time profitably to think for themselves.

Main point from proponent field guide:

1) Collect absolutely zero evidence of bigfoot while out looking for evidence of bigfoot. Just tell everyone you saw one instead. They'll believe you. 

• Upvote 1

I really don't understand these type of threads Squatchy.

Just kids having fun.

I know from reading your previous posts that you do not entertain the possibility that a creature such as Sasquatch exists, fair enough........

I keep telling him he ain't looking hard enough.

it's not even witty or funny

Meh, sometimes it is.