Missing 411 And Albert Ostman

TD-40

I recently finished the Western book on Missing 411, which has been discussed at length many times here. I want to contrast those stories with the story of Albert Ostman who claimed to have been abducted back in the 1920s (I think). He said he was taken while he was in his sleeping bag and spent several days with a family of bigfoot. I recall from other discussions that Ostman said he thought he was taken because he thought the father of the family wanted him to mate with his daughter, the female bigfoot. Is that right?

Anyway, when you look at some of the stories from Missing 411 not all of these people were abducted for food. I think in some cases the bigfoot just wanted to have a human companion. In other cases where small children were abducted, there are cases where the bigfoot took good care of them and they were later found, as if the bigfoot only intended to raise the child. In other cases of children, they were later found to have died from exposure. So this seems to suggest that bigfoot doesn't realize that naked humans are not capable of surviving in the wild and will die of exposure. Maybe they haven't figured that out yet.

But there seem to be some cases where bigfoot abducted an adult human for mating purposes, especially if you have read "Tribal Bigfoot" by Paulides. There is also the story of a railroad worker who was abducted by a female sasquatch and was forced to have sexual encounters. Oh the horror!

My point here is that there seem to be different reasons why humans have been abducted, so Ostman's claim that he spent several days with a family isn't far off from other cases. Do the stories of bigfoot abductions make Ostman's story more believable?

Edited by TD-40

There seem to be lots of reasons for abductions as you mention. The Native Americans knew bigfoot best and were aware of kidnappings. It's too bad we don't have a better written record from them. It appears that they didn't like bigfoot since they stole food and kidnapped. Then it's possible bigfoot was harmed first, then used kidnapping as a revenge means.

I'm rereading Tribal Bigfoot and reviewed the story of the abducted railroad worker that was kept in a bigfoot pit for months. Some of these pits were dug into rocky areas so mice and rats could be caught according to a witness. Did the railroad workers shoot at bigfoot first?

See Ostman tell part of his story:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tL9aA28lDk8

If Ostman still had snuff to give to the bigfoot family, then he obviously was still wearing clothes, and in most all Missing 411 cases, the people were stripped of their clothing. So why would they have allowed Ostman to keep his clothing and possessions for a few days? That's the part that isn't consistent or parallel with the cases in Paulides' books.

I recently finished the Western book on Missing 411, which has been discussed at length many times here. I want to contrast those stories with the story of Albert Ostman who claimed to have been abducted back in the 1920s (I think). He said he was taken while he was in his sleeping bag and spent several days with a family of bigfoot. I recall from other discussions that Ostman said he thought he was taken because he thought the father of the family wanted him to mate with his daughter, the female bigfoot. Is that right?

Anyway, when you look at some of the stories from Missing 411 not all of these people were abducted for food. I think in some cases the bigfoot just wanted to have a human companion. In other cases where small children were abducted, there are cases where the bigfoot took good care of them and they were later found, as if the bigfoot only intended to raise the child. In other cases of children, they were later found to have died from exposure. So this seems to suggest that bigfoot doesn't realize that naked humans are not capable of surviving in the wild and will die of exposure. Maybe they haven't figured that out yet.

But there seem to be some cases where bigfoot abducted an adult human for mating purposes, especially if you have read "Tribal Bigfoot" by Paulides. There is also the story of a railroad worker who was abducted by a female sasquatch and was forced to have sexual encounters. Oh the horror!

My point here is that there seem to be different reasons why humans have been abducted, so Ostman's claim that he spent several days with a family isn't far off from other cases. Do the stories of bigfoot abductions make Ostman's story more believable?

I hate to be the proverbial fly in the ointment, but I feel obligated to point out that your cart has outpaced your horse by several lengths.

Where has it ever been demonstrated that bigfoot are responsible for the disappearances recounted in the Missing 411 books?

• Upvote 2

If Ostman still had snuff to give to the bigfoot family, then he obviously was still wearing clothes, and in most all Missing 411 cases, the people were stripped of their clothing. So why would they have allowed Ostman to keep his clothing and possessions for a few days? That's the part that isn't consistent or parallel with the cases in Paulides' books.

Because they wanted to keep him alive for as long as possible. Or, they were an isolated tribe that did it differently, or after this, they started taking clothing for a precaution, IE: This incident taught them to take everything from humans, otherwise they might ESCAPE, which is BAD for BF.

I hate to be the proverbial fly in the ointment, but I feel obligated to point out that your cart has outpaced your horse by several lengths.

Where has it ever been demonstrated that bigfoot are responsible for the disappearances recounted in the Missing 411 books?

I am basing the premise of this thread on bigfoot being largely responsible for many of the Missing 411 disappearances. if you want to point out that bigfoot is not responsible, then that should be discussed in a different thread.

Edited by TD-40

Come on now they are an ape or an animal is this not what everyone seems to believe. They have no reasoning or even thought since they are wild. Only humans would reason to this thought and not animals if they are animals. So how can you say that they learned.

Maybe what he is telling is a tall tale about being carried off. Like everyone says here on this forum there is no proof of this so it is like it never happened. Yet the story carries as though it did only because he said, so we are to trust his words. I trust it because of what I have seen and what I have experience in the woods. If it was not for what I have experience I would have been skeptical and not even be here writing here on this board or even on the net. But I come here to help me with what I have seen and experience and to know that I am not alone.   

I am basing the premise of this thread on bigfoot being largely responsible for many of the Missing 411 disappearances. if you want to point out that bigfoot is not responsible, then that should be discussed in a different thread.
"Largely responsible" for "many" of the disappearances? That sounds awfully equivocal. What shares that culpability with the bigfoot? How many disappearances are we talking about?

If you had made a statement in your first post such as, "For the sake of argument, let us assume that bigfoot are responsible for x number/percent of the Missing 411 cases...", I wouldn't have questioned it. Instead, with no qualification, you declared bigfoot responsible and immediately jumped to speculating about motivations.

I have read the version in Bigfoot Encounters "www.bigfootencounters.com/classics/ostman.htm"

Whether Albert Ostman's story is true or not, one thing that can be said is he certainly put a lot of very unusual details in it; he talked about being given a sweet tasting grass, making a dipper out of a milk can and a tree limb, and watching the young male grabbing his feet and bouncing forward on his rear end. The last detail was certainly unusual. 

•  
  •  

"Largely responsible" for "many" of the disappearances? That sounds awfully equivocal. What shares that culpability with the bigfoot? How many disappearances are we talking about?

If you had made a statement in your first post such as, "For the sake of argument, let us assume that bigfoot are responsible for x number/percent of the Missing 411 cases...", I wouldn't have questioned it. Instead, with no qualification, you declared bigfoot responsible and immediately jumped to speculating about motivations.

Well its just a forum. If you would like to discuss the subject, you are free to join in or just sit back and be entertained.

Missing 411 books were written by David Paulides.     He hinted at bigfoot in the early books but has suggested the disappearances have more in common with other explanations now.   I don't recall where it was now but I remember him saying he specifically did not blame bigfoot.   I don't think it's wise to ignore the guy who has done the research.

MIB

Edited by MIB

Well that is odd....because he went to great pains to never say what he thought was responsible.....even though he was selling his books off of his NABS website! (North American Bigfoot Search)

Edited by norseman

Missing 411 books were written by David Paulides.     He hinted at bigfoot in the early books but has suggested the disappearances have more in common with other explanations now.   I don't recall where it was now but I remember him saying he specifically did not blame bigfoot.   I don't think it's wise to ignore the guy who has done the research.

MIB

I've listened to 3 or 4 of his recorded radio interviews and he was asked point blank in one of them, and all he said was that he thought these disappearances were not from humans. He also mentioned that his books are about missing persons and if he were to come out and declare bigfoot as the cause, then a lot of people who experience someone missing would not report any incidents to him, obviously because of the bizarre nature of it all. Paulides says it is very important that he remain impartial so that people are comfortable coming to him to report abductions, otherwise he would risk losing this very important channel of information. I don't blame him. This is a well calculated decision while balancing the pressure that comes from everyone else.

That's as close as I have ever heard him come to directly answering it or even implying anything.

But for the rest of us, we can speculate all we want. :spiteful:

Anyway I wanted to see if there are parallels between the cases in these books with the story of Albert Ostman. If you think some of cases examined in the Missing 411 book are from bigfoot as I do, do you see parallels with Ostman's story? I'm pretty familiar with some of the stories in these books but not as familiar with the details of Ostman's story, which is why I'm asking.

Edited by TD-40