Missing 411 And Albert Ostman

TD-40

Jiggy,

I have read (where, I can't recall) that Ostman was aware of the sasquatch stories of the area but dismissed them.

Also remember that Ostman didn't relate his story publicly until 1957, a time when sasquatch was beginning to become more mainstream, versus 1924.

I am especially interested in those accounts for which there is something to suggest a bigfoot abduction. Such as when a child actually describes what took them to be a large, hairy person. Children don't grasp the idea of bigfoot, and I believe that their descriptions of such an animal can usually be taken at face value...at least when they've been missing for days and pop up all of the sudden, unharmed and healthy. Such cases would be the best type of evidence for abduction. I can certainly picture a female bigfoot attempting to raise a human child, and there is at least one account of such a thing occurring if I remember correctly. There was the one where the child was accidentally shot, and he made some kind of yell to call a large, female bigfoot. Something like that anyway. But then again I think that the female bigfoot spoke English or something in that account, so maybe it is not trustworthy, lol. Regardless, it is possible, considering female sasquatch likely have few offspring and because of this they devote much attention to each one to increase their odds of survival. Consider that some female sasquatch may not be able to get pregnant for whatever reason, and considering that humans look the same minus the hair,  it is possible that this maternal instinct would drive a bigfoot to abduct a child. It is quite possible.

Jiggy

What about this line of thought? what if them these female creatures had lost a young one. They are grieving for their young one and need some thing to replace that hurt so they see a Human child. Well as a replacement they use a Human child as their replacement just like other Chimps, Apes and Humans do. 

I am not sure I do believe that Chimps and Baboons have been known to come into encampments and steel babies and small children. But if you want to stay in the flesh and blood stage then stick with how Chimps and Apes act.

Sure you can. People can be very creative. Ostman had 64 years to come up with his story (if it is a fabrication; I'm not saying that it is).

They say the devil's in the details. I'll have to read it, I only saw the tv show reenactment, thanks for the link georgerm.

But what he made up can be corroborated with modern rumors of BF. Something to consider, as we are in the guesstimate realm. Talking about a complex language puts the ball in his court, IMO mileage may vary.

Ostman may have been correct on at least 15 bigfoot facts known today. As time went on after Ostman's case, more and more devilish details about bigfoot have been reported from witnesses. These details match what Ostman described. Now, what are the chances Ostman made up this story and was correct on all 15 details?

If someone wants to list the details about bigfoot that Ostman noticed it would be cool.

One detail that was shocking was bigfoot wove a cedar blanket with inserted moss bundles for warmth. Has this been reported before?

Edited by georgerm
  • Upvote 1

Ostman may have been correct on at least 15 bigfoot facts known today. As time went on after Ostman's case, more and more devilish details about bigfoot have been reported from witnesses. These details match what Ostman described. Now, what are the chances Ostman made up this story and was correct on all 15 details?

What are the chances that Ostman's account seeded/influenced the details of these later reports?

Edited by Bonehead74
  • Upvote 2

Dou! You think me foiled with the classic ''Which came First, the Chicken or the Egg" argument? I think not. Bag of suspected squatch poop for you. Really? Chicken or de Egg? Foil me you did not.

Nice try Bonehead74 but; I seriously doubt that any significant percentage of people reporting Bigfoot since 1924 had ever even heard of Albert Ostman.

• Upvote 1

Ostman may have been correct on at least 15 bigfoot facts known today. As time went on after Ostman's case, more and more devilish details about bigfoot have been reported from witnesses. These details match what Ostman described. Now, what are the chances Ostman made up this story and was correct on all 15 details?

If someone wants to list the details about bigfoot that Ostman noticed it would be cool.

One detail that was shocking was bigfoot wove a cedar blanket with inserted moss bundles for warmth. Has this been reported before?

That would be like writing the entire transcript. It would be really interesting though.

At 24:39 Ostman says he never saw them eat meat. He said they may have; he just didn't see them during the few days he was with them. Just before this he describes the bottom of their feet and how padded they were like a dog's paws.

Sure you can. People can be very creative. Ostman had 64 years to come up with his story (if it is a fabrication; I'm not saying that it is).

Anyone writing a "report" in the past twenty years had merely do a google search or two, and dispense what has become fairly standard rote. Voila! New bigfoot report.

Nice try Bonehead74 but; I seriously doubt that any significant percentage of people reporting Bigfoot since 1924 had ever even heard of Albert Ostman.

LoL, or the 5 people that did just happened to report a BF sighting along his lines, and like good robots, followed his lead. All 5 of thems! Yowsa, what are the odds? Where are these mindless humans that will follow someones story blindly? Where are all the people who follow my logical, imminently rational perspectives? Where are my followers? All I have is an ardent Suspected Squatch-Poop addicted admirer, and thats just because I for some unknown mysterious reason, have a seemingly endless supply of suspected ''Squatch-Poop'', which has nothing to do with the fact that I do clean-up work in a zoo, absolutely nothing. And yet, I have to supply pounds and pounds to get any modicum of a normal response, which is in part in due to his immense gratitude, and new found aromas, and some kind of contact high I hear, and some other stuff I can't speak of here.

Say what? Dang dog, smoke on that!

some kind of contact high I hear, and some other stuff I can't speak of here.

What you talking about there? What stuff can you not talk about ? Have you made a pact where it will lead to your death? Come on now you know it can not go that far ?  Yet I know that it does! How far can you go with the truth before you are snuff out like a mafia operation? You can go so far to a point where you just do not care and I am almost there. The forest is big and no one will know when you are snuffed out for telling the truth. But it could happen to anyone of us at any one time when we get to close to the truth. But do not let no one fool any one of us  for the truth. 

Any one of us can become a Ostman and it can happen any time we go searching for this creature. It is the chance we take when we go out looking for the unknown. We have to remember that we have no idea that this is a wild creature that has no idea of what we are. So there is no remorse for what it does to us since it does not fully understand us.

Not all that are missing can be accounted to these creatures. Since there are stories of rescues from these creatures we cannot consider all these creature cannibals. There are more to these stories then are being told and children just do not have the understanding to explain. Children explain things in a way that they understand things and we have to understand how they interpret what they have seen. We have to remember they have no way to interpret or describe what they have sawn.

I did not know of Albert Ostman story until I have read " Ape among us " by John Green and this is where I first read of this story.  The second story I have was not until now when MIB mention of it about the Indian who had left all his stuff behind and never went back for it. This guy was a brave Indian and was not scared of anything so what scared the crap out of him. 

It take some thing to scare a brave the wits out of him not to go back into the woods. So what was it ?  It was not a bear since a bear is natural and Indians are use to them so that did not scare the crap out of him. No, it was some thing that had thought that was able to hunt him that scared the crap out him. It was enough to keep him from going back and getting his stuff back that means the world to him. That is true fear of some thing that does not suppose to exist. now this is coming from some one who is very well known. We do not find good witnesses like this especially in our old times.

We can go on and on from here and there no denying that there is some thing strange that is going on. I am not sure about the kid napping and I cannot blame this all on the big guy. Since we have some sick people and I mean some very sick people that just do not deserve to be born.

I have sat out in the field and have felt like I was being stalk. I have felt like I was the prey or the hunted when I thought that they were hunting deer. Do you know what that feels like or what explanation you would have to give why you are carrying a pistol for your own protection while hunting. There is no safe place no matter where you go cause if they want to, they will hunt you down. Do you know what is about this is that you cannot hide cause sooner or later they will find you when you step back into their domain. Nope I will keep my mind clear and have no ideas of what I will do until I do it. This is the rule that I will live by and the rule that will keep me safe.

You guys have your laws and I will have mine except mine will keep coming home.