Is The Forest Service Holding Back Bigfoot Proof?

georgerm

Whether the government has a body or not, or know of bigfoot's existence isn't the right question. They wouldn't want another spotted owl debacle. Since the spotted owl was forced on the USFS through litigation and lobbying it is the environmentalists that don't have the evidence, proof or desire needed to push protection through the court system like they did with the spotted owl.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_spotted_owl

"The USFWS previously reviewed the status of the northern spotted owl in 1982, 1987 and 1989 but found it did not warrant listing as either threatened or endangered. Logging in national forests containing the northern spotted owl was stopped by court order in 1991.[3]"

There are several right questions. Staying focused as BigTreeWalker has partially done can help unveil some truths in regards to bigfoot and the forest service. If environmentalist had a bigfoot body, this would probably give them power to close more forest down from logging. We need a balance in my opinion. 

Are lesser supervisors that number in the hundreds across the country being told to take no reports and to ignore bigfoot information?  

We are uncovering the little forest service guy on the ground reporting bigfoot, so why are those at the top not listening?

It the forest service's top supervisors shown below have bigfoot proof such as a body, is it beneath them to meet and decide to keep this from the public? If they are out of the loop then it's a problem. The smoking gun is a meeting report dug up by way of the Freedom of Information Act. Maybe some powerful bigfoot organization will get this information. See the top supervisors below.

http://www.foresthistory.org/ASPNET/People/Tidwell/Tidwell.aspx

post-447-0-13533700-1452443766.jpg

post-447-0-71196800-1452443787.jpg

I don't think USFS "officially" knows, not even internally.   I think it's known in some areas.

I don't believe there is an active conspiracy.   It doesn't take one.   Think about the promotion process, not for local staff, but for line officers who want to rise into the upper ranks.   That's seldom if ever a vertical climb, there are horizontal or slightly diagonal moves into other forests, other districts, other regions, which have to be approved the supervisors in those units.   If you have 6 applicants for an opening, are you going to pick the one who has a reputation for stirring trouble or not?   I think not.   So ... bringing attention on something that even potentially causes work USFS doesn't want to delve into can be career limiting entirely without any explicit threat.  A person has to look long range at what furthers their career goals and act accordingly.

MIB

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

^^^^^ Agree with MIB on most of this.     One thing we have to remember is that even the BF research camp is split on disclosing existence.    I think perhaps a lot of the USFS who actually have had encounters feel like a lot of us.    They want to just leave BF alone.    BF seem to be doing OK at the moment, at least the sighting reports continue to come in.    Why stir the pot, tick off the timber industry with restrictions,   and impose a lot of draconian regulations that may not really be necessary or like most government programs do what the purpose is?         I suspect that some of the more recent winderness areas are actually there to primarily protect BF.    From the air they are often less interesting than surrounding non-wilderness areas.    Then I find those funny posted signs, designating areas as special wildlife management areas.     The only special wildlife in the one area I am familiar with is BF.   There are about 10 acres surrounded by clear cuts.     I have not even seen a deer in there.    Then there are the inexplicable road closings.    Blocking off active areas and restricting human access.   Locked gate is not good enough.   The dig 4 or 5 foot deep ditches across the roads,   pile huge boulders or logs to restrict getting around the closure.     If you ask the reasons, they claim it is because they no longer have money for road maintenance, but in cases I am familiar with, the blocked off road is in way better shape than the remaining roads that are open which are never maintained anyway.    Road maintenance is not a reason if money is not spent on it anyway.  

Guest Fanofsquatch

I will never buy into the Government keeping secrets.  As if the Government were a handful of people controlling everything.  I think most people that chose a career with the USFS or Parks are generally the liberal tree loving types, not that there is anything wrong with that, but not ones to go along with cover-up's. If anyone is shutting it down its the appointed ones in DC.  As demonstrated in Missing 411 the USFS is terrible at keeping records and I really believe the lowly rangers and others out in the field have no way of getting anything up the chain of command or into the media.  Bigfoot is already "myth" so it is just left alone, if a ranger screamed at the top of his lungs that he saw bigfoot there would be no need to suppress him as the public will do it rather quickly.

I do think that if there were a major incident that the National Parks would suffer as would the Forest Service and logging so poor record keeping probably helps. 

You've never served in government, have you?

One does not equal the other.

I believe you've seen something outside common experience.

I don't believe in a complicated mess of an ongoing conspiracy contrived to what? Allow for your experience. One portion of your equation does not necessarily lead to the conclusion. There are ulterior conclusions.

Ok, let's take myself out of the equation and make it a hypothetical.

If bigfoot exist, do you believe that the government is too incompetent to know about them?

If not, why would they not make this information public?

That said, I will point out that the Army Corps of Engineers at one time did list bigfoot/sasquatch as part of the fauna native to the Pacific Northwest.

In fact, it was this document that allowed me to put a name to the huge, hairy people I had encountered.

What's this? This is written in a Forest Service online publication. Check it out and seems to be an admission.

.........blah  blah.......................Willow Creek however, is a recreation destination for sport fishing, including salmon and steelhead, kyakers, and river rafters who heavily use the Main Stem and South Fork of the Trinity River most of the year. The area is also famous for Bigfoot, achieving notoriety through the years as a hub for sightings.  Hunting also is a big draw to the area with large deer and bear populations....................blah    blah...................

http://www.fs.usda.gov/main/srnf/about-forest/about-area

Here is a weird joke put on the Forest Service's web page. What's going on here?

usda-fs-logos.png

Loss of space threatening North American Sasquatch

Posted by Tiffany Holloway, 

Office of Communication, U.S. Forest Service, on 

April 1, 2015 at 8:30am

The North American Bigfoot. Illustration by Mary Horning, U.S. Forest Service.

There are many reasons the U.S. Forest Service conserves open space. It allows us to deliver clean water, provide space for recreation activities and maintain wildlife habitat for a variety of creatures – most notably the North American Sasquatch. While most people believe this Ape Man to be a thing of folklore and urban legend, researcher Thaddeus Guttenberg, with the U.S. Forest Service Mythical Wildlife Division, recently confirmed that Bigfoot is as real as he is.

“We’ve been keeping its existence under wraps for years to protect its privacy,†said Guttenberg. “But because the country is losing more and more open space each day, we wanted to make it known that the habitat to one of America’s greatest legends may be at risk.† 

read more ...................  http://www.fs.fed.us/blogs/loss-space-threatening-north-american-sasquatch

Did you check the dateline on that press release, George? I think the simple answer lies there.

I agree with MIB and JDL above. If bigfoot exist, there is no reasonable chance that all parts of the government are unaware of their existence. At the same time, I do believe that any cover-up is most likely uncoordinated and perpetuated by the the departments that have encountered them on an unofficial basis. Why make waves, right? Besides, denial and jokes such as George's April Fool's Day article are all that are really needed. If the media and public at-large maintain the consensus that it's all a big joke, a large scale cover-up is unnecessary to deal with sightings reports. I will admit that some segment of the government may task themselves to deal with and/or "disappear" physical evidence, up to disposing of a body, but I doubt it is a part of some official conspiracy.

ETA-

I do find it kind of funny that the Forest Service's slogan in the banner George posted is, "Caring for the land and serving people" (emphasis mine). The first thing that popped into my head was the Twilight Zone episode "To Serve Man". More evidence of a conspiracy? Hmmmm...

Edited by Bonehead74

We should cut the USDA and their NFS branch some slack; the hot potato belongs to the DOI and their F & W Services. The ole boys with the NFS would spill it all if it was up to them. Some of'em spill it all anyway. Folks generally don't want to hear it though. Give's them the shakes in their deer stands early in the morning and on their way out about dark to even think about.  :fie:

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

We should cut the USDA and their NFS branch some slack; the hot potato belongs to the DOI and their F & W Services. The ole boys with the NFS would spill it all if it was up to them. Some of'em spill it all anyway. Folks generally don't want to hear it though. Give's them the shakes in their deer stands early in the morning and on their way out about dark to even think about.  :fie:

That is evidenced by all the hunters that stop hunting after they have an encounter.    BF is roughly equivalent to finding out that you share the woods with King Cong and never knew it.     The unarmed weekend hiker that is afraid of guns is not going to like to think about something 8 or 9 feet tall lurking in the woods.   They think the only thing in the woods is Thumper and Bambi.    I encountered a small female solo hiker after finding large fresh cougar tracks on a trail she was on.   I warned her and she acted angry that I told her.   I guess blissful ignorance is preferred by some people.       So the government plays that  protecting the public from reality.    

Anyone see the film Spotlight? Most know the story but a similar conspiracy of complacency is not hard to imagine.

Edit to add, because some elements of the issue seem relevant:

He said USDA is essentially saying: “ ‘You can do whatever science you want, as long as it has no real-world applications.’ The rules allow for scientists to be silenced based on the content of their science.â€

From: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/federal-eye/wp/2015/10/28/suspended-usda-researcher-alleges-agency-tried-to-block-his-research-into-harmful-effects-of-pesticides-on-bees-butterflies/

Edited by Kiwakwe

That is evidenced by all the hunters that stop hunting after they have an encounter.    BF is roughly equivalent to finding out that you share the woods with King Cong and never knew it.     The unarmed weekend hiker that is afraid of guns is not going to like to think about something 8 or 9 feet tall lurking in the woods.   They think the only thing in the woods is Thumper and Bambi.    I encountered a small female solo hiker after finding large fresh cougar tracks on a trail she was on.   I warned her and she acted angry that I told her.   I guess blissful ignorance is preferred by some people.       So the government plays that  protecting the public from reality.    

Agree on both counts. Statements ring of truths and complications.

The woods does take on a new meaning with bigfoots. Some things will bite and try to eat you very very rarely ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but bigfoot has to scare you all to hell, then bites and eats you very, very rarely. We need to know this.

I'm re reading David Paulides book, Tribal Bigfoot, and he spent lots of time on the Klamath River in Northern California where Native Americans have lived for centuries. He interviewed them. Their knowledge of BF still lingers. Some say a small percentage of bigfoots are awful dangerous, and they call them devils. They stay out of their areas.

I guess this knowledge of bigfoot would get the public upset once it spills out. It really needs to spill out. A senior federal official needs to come on the TV and tell us bigfoot is real.  If the public expected the Department of Interior, the BLM, or the US Forest Service to have warned us about bigfoot years ago, there could be a back lash. "What did you know and when did you know it," will be the question the public should ask. Is this why they are quiet?  

Seems like many citizens don't know and others think its a prank. We on the forum and a tiny, tiny minority of knowers. My wife was followed by one, and she and her friend had no clue, and no weapon. This ticks me off since people need to be mentally prepared for a rare encounter.

The old saw of "hunters that had a scary encounter and will never set foot in the woods" sounds like another plank of the Bigfoot Mythos.

Guest OntarioSquatch

Claiming they never set foot in the woods again would be an exaggeration, but there is a genuine fear factor that comes with seeing monsters that are humanoid in appearance. PTSD symptoms don't seem to be uncommon among witnesses who had an aggressive encounter. Even non-aggressive visual encounters can make an experienced outdoorsmen a little anxious.