Let's Talk Caves and Sasquatch

hiflier

Hello All,

Humor me. I think it's time to pick my cave idea to pieces. I can give you my thoughts and you can give me yours. It'll be fun. Unless you're all tired of hearing me bring them up. We could set it up in two categories: "Caves Good" vs. "Caves Bad". There is actually a lot to say about them regarding Sasquatch. I'll start it off....They live in them ;)

I would say where caves are available they might make use of them but by no means does lack of caves does equate to lack of bigfoot.    I think they're biologically adapted to cold, wet weather and it doesn't bother them like it does us.  I think the assumption of need for caves is more of a projection of our need than reflection of theirs.

MIB

• Upvote 1

If bigfoot used caves as a rule of them we would already have definitive proof of them. Either they would have:

A) Been found/caught in them or

B) We would have found remains of them, either fossil or bones in caves.  

There is plenty of history of cave hunters or "spelunkers" that search these things. To find virtually no evidence of BF in caves to date suggest to me they use them far and few between.  

Just my opinion of course.  

• Upvote 2

Caves: Highly overrated, regarding human ancestors. It's a mistake to believe hominidae were relegated to cave-dwelling. It's early Hollywood stuff. They were plains-dwellers.

• Upvote 1

Hello All,

What would make a cave unattractive to an intelligent creature like Bigfoot? There has been so much talk about how they are like us in both brain function and form. Projecting Human qualities and thinking seems to be quite common around these here parts. I think if some is going to put down caves as a viable shelter for Sasquatch then there could be much more stricken from the list of it's Human-like qualities.

Unless of course, since they don't apparently have enough of an imaginative capacity to create fire and a wheel, then does it stand to reason that they wouldn't have a domicile either? If they haven't got the sense to get out of the rain then a lot of the rest of the stuff folks say they are capable of falls by the wayside IMO.

Maybe narrowing things down a bit would help. Not every cave would be right for them. Lets go on that for a moment. What would be the perfect set up that a Sasquatch might find more than suitable for it's needs? Don't think as a Human- think as an animal in a Human-like body. I think there's a big difference there. That way one can say they will use caves because they don't think like us and someone else can say they will use caves because they do think like us. In any case what would be a perfect set up for Bigfoot?

There's a lot to think about here: intrusions into habitat of every sort- INCLUDING CAVE EXPLORERS. What's a Bigfoot to do?

Hello Incorrigible1,

Caves: Highly overrated, regarding human ancestors. It's a mistake to believe hominidae were relegated to cave-dwelling. It's early Hollywood stuff. They were plains-dwellers.

Don't switch the subject please. This isn't at all about Human ancestors or what happened 100,000 years ago. It's about now on a very busy planet:

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/mar/18/world/la-fg-china-caves-20120318

Edited by hiflier

Hello Twist,

Depends on where it is. A smart creature won't pick a trap. BF is smart right? If it's so smart it would choose wisely. This thread is going to hit right at the core of it's intelligence. It's ten below out...what would it do? it's 110 out what would it do. It's winter- there's no food around- what would it do?

As far as being cornered aren't they supposed to know when a Human is in their habitat? That's what many say here anyway.

Edited by hiflier

Hello hiflier, glad to make your acquaintance.

Yes, if BF exists as we are told to believe, it is very intelligent.  Which to an extant I do believe.

Where I currently reside, Michigan, its been 12 - 16 degrees.  So essentially, 16 to 20 degrees below zero yet most animals that reside in the state still manage to survive without caves.  These animals include rabbit, deer and even bear. There is a way to survive and there is most certainly still food.  As far as extreme heat, well, we only hit about 95 - 98 without considering the heat index so we'll save that discussion for later.  

Regarding being cornered, yes, some would lead you to believe that BF is omnipotent regarding humans and being caught ( despite the billion, dillion, zillion reports some member here have read (thus earning their junior certified scientist badge) ) I do not for a second buy that they are always perfect.  I have to believe that being in a cave would greatly reduce their ability to avoid detection based on a multitude of factors, a few being, lack of escape, and reduced scent and hearing detection of a human approaching.  

Some caves have multiple ingress/egress points.

Georgetown cave situated on the south bank of the Tennessee river just adjacent to where the Natchez Trace Parkway bridge crosses it has been explored for ~12 miles into it with multiple entry/exit points further away from the river.

Smithsonia cave (north bank) located ~4 miles upstream was explored by some HS classmates (~1968) and they emerged on a knoll in a cottonfield ~3 miles from it's river entrance.

In SE Oklahoma along the Tahlimena Drive there is a cave the USFS placed bars across the entrance which were later discovered to have been broken open, from the inside out (per, Timberghost) and subsequently replaced with no further damage noted.

Hello Twist,

Nice to meet you too :) Try this on for size:

https://silentlistening.wordpress.com/2010/08/03/the-ear-of-dionysius/

It briefly talks about outside noise being amplified by the interior shape of a cave. Could this be how some Sasquatch know Humans are around?

@ Yuchi1,

Was kind of wondering if your would be around for this thread. Welcome.

Edited by hiflier

Please clarify if I am missing something but it appears this talks about this particular cave, based on being shaped like an ear, to amplify sound.  There are other cases of both man made structures and caves that display this, but I have not found anything that proves it common enough in caves that BF would not only recognize this but utilize it to there advantage.  

Hello all and more on the caves. Is it possible that Highflier and Twist are both right-on in many of their theories? Yuchi added some facts that enables us to discuss this topic in a scientific manner. Nice work Yuchi for finding some facts.

Bigfoot has multiple ways to bed down imho. Now let's put ourselves in BF's shoes, I mean feet. It's a logical fact that bigfoot likes to get out of the rain,  cold, or hot weather especially with young ones in a family situation. Most animals seek some shelter. Bears burrow under logs, squirrels dig burrows, and bigfoots have many ways and not just one. This makes them adaptable and enables them to survive. Some people have found their outdoor nests and some have seen them in caves and found stick and moss beds there. 

I just read a habituation report posted on the North American Bigfoot Society's web page about a family of bigfoots living in a cave on private land. The BFs have interacted with the humans for years. Osterman said the bigfoots were living on a cliff with a rock ledge overhead in cold British Columbia. This was summer. Did they move to a cave with two entrances in the winter? I just read of reports that Edwards Air Force base has tunnels that bigfoot uses. This makes no sense to me.

We can only surmise and post a few facts here and there. We need facts to go on. Can they exist happily and healthy in the rain for days on end if their cave or forest shelter has been overrun by humans? Do they get colds and pneumonia when pushed out of their homes?  If there are no caves for hundreds and hundreds of miles, then where do they keep the family. We don't know.

have fun ............... and we learn

SSR Team

Get your head in to this H, i think you might like it especially if you're looking to make a trip over the next year or so..;)

http://file.dnr.wa.gov/publications/ger_ic40_caves_of_wa.pdf