Let's Talk Caves and Sasquatch

hiflier

Unless you are living in a cave and have no Internet access, now is a great time to show your appreciation for this great forum and make a donation to the fund drive. As little as $5 or as much as you want! Premium memberships are only $20. You can join and watch us fight with hiflier in the Tar Pit! It's epic!

Link to donate here...

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php?/announcement/45-help-the-bigfoot-forums-with-our-fund-drive/

Questions answered here...

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

A quarter to a half mile buffer around a cave is better than no idea where to hang a camera.      Get to the legal distance and ring the entrance with cameras.    Or better yet approach authorities, tell them you are concerned about illegal human presence harming bats, and get permission to deploy the cameras at their specified distance and offer to share the pictures of the violators.     They would love you to risk your cameras rather than theirs.  And if you should get some hairy dude without any clothes you might not want to share that picture.  

Hi SWWSAS, from what gigantor has said there is a quarter to half mile buffer zone from a cave's entrance. It probably means hanging a camera with the same hope as what you said- catching the chance BF going by.

BF actually leave trails that can be found.       Look for freshly broken down ground vegetation that does not include deer, elk,  or tracks of animals that have claws.     If you exclude known animal sign and something is still making trail, then it has to be something with a big soft foot like BF.       Several of my footprint finds have been on such trails that are void of common forest animal sign like deer.   

45 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

BF actually leave trails that can be found.       Look for freshly broken down ground vegetation that does not include deer, elk,  or tracks of animals that have claws.     If you exclude known animal sign and something is still making trail, then it has to be something with a big soft foot like BF.       Several of my footprint finds have been on such trails that are void of common forest animal sign like deer.   

This I like. Thanks SWWASAS!

It's funny, I see videos of investigators who get summoned to a place where someone saw a BF and they do the interview. Then walk around some, do more interviewing, pan the camera, maybe go to the place where the creature was reported standing, or going into the woods, but I never see an investigator do a follow up video or go back to actually go into the woods themselves and look for just what you describe or anything else for that matter. Funny that ;) 

1 hour ago, Rockape said:

You can join and watch us fight with hiflier in the Tar Pit! It's epic!

Rockape! What is this??! Sounds like you might need to go another round or two there, bub? ;) 

Edited by hiflier

Admin
1 hour ago, SWWASAS said:

Several of my footprint finds have been on such trails that are void of common forest animal sign like deer.   

and where can we see these?

58 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Rockape! What is this??! Sounds like you might need to go another round or two there, bub?

LOL, I'm still licking my wounds from that last beating you gave me. 

That's the thing about the Tar Pit folks, we fight because we love. The key is to not take it personally. Hiflier and I might go at it tooth and nail, but he's still my bud. What happens in the pit, stays in the pit. We leave it there. 

Couldn't agree more! the guys there are smart, funny, witty and know their stuff. And yes, we are pretty fond of each other ant what everyone brings to the table. I've learned a lot from all of them. I especially have learned to bring my thick skin, my armor, my leather arm and shin guards along with a good helmet. It no place to show in in just a loin cloth, LOL.

And BTW MR. Rockape I nursed a few contusions myself- and that Hunster has a wicked round house ;) But what great fun :)

Edited by hiflier

BF actually leave trails that can be found.       Look for freshly broken down ground vegetation that does not include deer, elk,  or tracks of animals that have claws.     If you exclude known animal sign and something is still making trail, then it has to be something with a big soft foot like BF.       Several of my footprint finds have been on such trails that are void of common forest animal sign like deer

Why would they not leave trails. A big thing like Bigfoot has to leave a trail some where leading some where right ! Heck us humans leave trails  that can be found , except a bigfoot trail can be seen and followed. But why no Bigfoot? Why has Norseman not shot one yet and the same with those other kill folks of which I have turned my self into. They are a one of kind trophy yet no one has done it yet.

If they stay in caves then why not stay far enough from the cave and wait to get a shot off on one. It should be a simple task and not hard to accomplish since one has to do is just wait and ambush. If they do live in caves then that makes for the perfect ambush op.

The tracks I have seen have been found on used trails and off trails and on ridges. Never have found them in the lower parts of ridges but off the trails in a ways. Have found tracks where deer were moving through and have found their ambush spots which seems like a great bow spot for deer. I have yet to test those ambush spot where these deer go to bed down. Have found rocks in this area . Have not been out in the field for awhile so have lost contact. Like to get back out there though with my son. He has yet to encounter one but I am not sure if he is ready. Have been thinking of placing him on a tree stand on his own. Maybe that will do it. We get a deer in this area one of the thighs goes to them. That's our deal.

BFF Patron
On 3/16/2017 at 0:27 PM, hiflier said:

This I like. Thanks SWWASAS!

It's funny, I see videos of investigators who get summoned to a place where someone saw a BF and they do the interview. Then walk around some, do more interviewing, pan the camera, maybe go to the place where the creature was reported standing, or going into the woods, but I never see an investigator do a follow up video or go back to actually go into the woods themselves and look for just what you describe or anything else for that matter. Funny that ;) 

Rockape! What is this??! Sounds like you might need to go another round or two there, bub? ;) 

I made a followup video of my first encounter location and had it posted to Youtube.      For a while I was posting videos on Youtube.    But the abuse you get for doing that makes the skeptics here seem very friendly.   You get the pimply faced kid in some apartment in a big city telling the world that you are imagining things or am hoaxing  and throwing in some words that I cannot print here.    I have taken everything there down now.     The problem with Youtube is that it is a favorite place to post satirical or hoax BF videos.      As the result,   serious researchers are lumped in with that group in the minds of many.    I actually enjoy some of the satirical spoofs which are imaginative and funny.   If I ever did that I would take on the conference speakers.   But don't want my stuff right in the mix of that.    Probably the only way to share is get your own website going but quite frankly I would rather spend the time in the field than spending considerable time with that.   

Gigantor when my research area was active I was seeing these strange trails quite often.      Sometimes they would actually parallel human trails nearby.     More often cross at a right angle.    My first and several footprint finds were where one of these bare (lack of deer or elk print trails) crossed a human trail.    The BF stepped on the human trail margin then made a giant step across the human trail, to continue along its own trail to wherever it was going.     Usually a human trail that was muddy was the culprit.     My first footprint find was on a low mountain in Washington State.     Hell I will give you the location because the thing has been clear cut now and is no longer active.          I was attracted to the area by a road crossing report nearby.   The event happened  over a decade earlier but doing some research I found that the area had a history of vocalization reports in the late 1990s.          A paper carrier had stopped to check his customer list, looked up and there was a BF standing right next to his car looking in and down on him.   Scared the you know what out of him.   He stated that he was about a half mile from Molton Falls park.   He drove off and the BF went down to the river below the road.        There is only one place to stop there so I was able to pin down the location.      Looking on both sides of the road I saw a cliff face on the North Side that had scuffs and disturbed soil coming down to the road,  and some evidence on the South side that something,  could have been both humans and BF was going down to the river.        Since the BF seemed to be heading to the West, I decided to explore what lay West of that location.      That led me to the trail up Bells Mountain.    It leaves Molton Falls Park and a trail switch backs up the mountain.      The same mountain that was the source of several years of vocalization reports in the late 1990s.        About a quarter mile up the Bells mountain trail,   I found the front half of a footprint.  on the left trail margin.       Bare foot,   about 5.5 inches across at the toes,   and the toes had dug into the rocky mix soil for traction where it stepped across the muddy human trail and made slippery mark of slipping toes on the other side.    I had casting materials in my truck and intended to get it and make a cast.       I took a video of the find,  but did not pull out my still camera to properly document the find.     Since the toes were heading up trail, I continued up,   hoping to find a more complete print in the mud further up.     A few hundred yards up the trail,  4 humans and two dogs passed me headed down.      I gave up on any more prints and returned to the find, only to discover that the humans and dogs had obliterated the footprint.    That is the one find that did not last 30 minutes.      I was really ticked at myself for not getting good documentation with a still camera.   I examine the area, and found one of those indistinct trails I mentioned headed straight down to the river.     I could not make that climb, the human trail in the area down to the river needed multiple switch backs.       I followed the faint trail and it headed pretty much due  West, towards the top of Bells mountain.     I followed it for hundreds of yards, and in spite of finding trod on and disturbed soil and ground cover, could not find so much as one deer or other recognizable track.       Something was using it that did not have either boots or hooves and stomping down vegetation and disturbing soil.     As I examined the footprint,   I could still see small rocks at the toe end falling down.    I think the BF crossed in front of me not very long ahead of me coming along and the print was very recent.     It had rained the night before.          If you use a 4 to 1 ratio of width to length that would make the footprint over 20 inches long.       The image below is extracted from my video.   My boot is 4.5 inches across at the widest point where the laces are.    This footprint, just to the left of my foot,   is over 5.5 inches across at the toes.    Same boot with ruler for reference.  Notice the toe box of my boot is less than 4 inches across where my toes are.      

Since that find,  nearly the entire Bells Mountain has been clear cut.     Only about 10% of it has any standing timber.   Perhaps in 20 years or so it will get active again when the timber regrows and provides any sort of cover.      At the top of the mountain there are a couple of small lakes that retain water most of the year.   

Bigfootprint.jpg

IMG_0163 (640x427).jpg

Edited by SWWASAS

Swwasas

were you able to find the right foot since is the left foot. That's a nice worn down trail to find that track. Toes are very brunched inward though, have you place game cameras but bet no picture yet.  Glad that you are sharing. Thanks.

BFF Patron

The right foot came down on the trail margin on the right side of the human trail.      I could see where the BF used its toes to try to get traction on the right side of the human trail.       The toes slipped on some mud and left a streak down hill.        If I took a running start, I could make it across the trail, but this thing just stepped across and the step was uphill in both directions, both across and up hill.     I have no proof, but had a very strong feeling when I was examining the print, that what made it was watching me.    The hairs were standing up on the back of my neck.    After the humans passed me and I came back the watched feeling was gone.       Until this footprint find I was as big a skeptic as anyone.    I had given myself a year to do field work to find anything convincing that there was anything to the Sasquatch myth.    This find happened 5 months into my year.       That faint trail seemed active for about a year then stopped,   when the logging started at the top of Bells mountain.    At that point,   I found no evidence anything was using it any more.      I never deployed a game camera.      The human trail is so busy and well used that the camera would not have lasted long before being stolen.     That find led me South and West to where things got really interesting as the logging seemed to drive them off the mountain.