Has Bigfoot Science Stalled?

georgerm

Disotell will not accept that any DNA sample is BF unless he has other evidence that the sample is from something other than a known animal.    

Probably, but this contradicts what scientists did with a single tooth and pinky bone with Denisovans. Perhaps it matters to them how old it is and whether they can proclaim the hominin to be extinct. Fresh hair off a tree should be just as viable for DNA, but as we might expect, if we are all a hybrid, the divergence could be what's non-existent.

The Bigfoot hybrid theory should be dead........stick a fork in it. Ketchum has been throughly debunked.

We can debate until we are blue in the face about what this creature is and is not. But until we have solid dna or a body to study?

Its all just conjecture.

The prospect of discovery through DNA will never die, because a truly unique species will have unique DNA. You simply need a sequence that is new and repeats across many samples in the right places to be proof. Yes we had the funding, but it's not Ketchums fault that the proof (at least for most) wasn't there.

Remember, the further bigfoot is from human, the easier it is to prove it exists. That should make you a bigger proponent of DNA testing than I am.

For every member of the proposed bigfoot species that is out there, there would likely be hundreds of biological samples laying on the ground and clinging to trees. They might be just as hard to find, but perhaps better the odds of proof.

• Upvote 2

What makes you think Im not a proponent of DNA? I'm only a opponent to it when your staring it in the face! Otherwise by all means collect the physical evidence you feel is squatchy.

I think you have stated many times that DNA would not do it. You should be able to collect the samples as well, and it "would" improve your odds of having proof, particularly if what you would consider "solid" ever surfaced. Do you remember why Krantz believed several specimens would be needed, like up to three bodies? He wasn't working with the level of DNA proof we can have today.

Two or three different samples of DNA from different parts that match of the US or The World and we have a new species. Just in this Nation we have had samples that have been tested that are unknown and are being thrown out. They should have been kept since they were are on their own strand. If this unknown strand is unable to match any known strand other then Human. Then this creature is either a hybrid from us or us from them and a split off between our own family tree and theirs. Except their tree is smaller in growth in their evolution then ours I would bet.  Now this would be all theory and hypothetical you know and the same reason why science stalled. Since they might have samples saying other wise. This could explain the different types of creatures around the world. Yowie comes to mind. Every time I see this stuff I ask my self this. are we really alone in the universe? when we can see our self through test tubes.:)

I think you have stated many times that DNA would not do it. You should be able to collect the samples as well, and it "would" improve your odds of having proof, particularly if what you would consider "solid" ever surfaced. Do you remember why Krantz believed several specimens would be needed, like up to three bodies? He wasn't working with the level of DNA proof we can have today.

I dont have a lot of faith in DNA versus a body. Small samples can be destroyed in one test. Which means that other labs cannot verify your work with tests of their own. Samples get contaminated or lost as well.

DNA will absolutely do it if we can get through the hoops and loops. But a body bypasses all that.

But if DNA is all you have???? Its light years ahead of a plaster cast or grainy photo.

Bigfoot science is full of pit falls.

Collecting a body has it problems too and may not be an easy way to proof. The feds may have already disposed of bodies such as when Mt. St. Helens blew. Witnesses said bigfoot bodies were removed and hidden from public view.

The feds may knock at your door and take the body before experts can look at it. The State Police could cite some wildlife law and take it too. Are there laws where fines and jail time may result from killing out of season wildlife? 

Let me propose, organizing a group to search the lahar on the East Side of Mt St Helens, looking for a skeleton washing out of the ash deposits with the spring runoff. 

That sounds like a good idea.  I wish I was a couple thousand miles closer to that area.  Maybe someday...

• Upvote 1

Georgerm,

Only for wildlife that has a designated season or is federally protected. Which BF is neither. Though they may come up with something. In Washington you better watch which county your in, because there are some regs specific to bigfoot.

My suggestion, cut it up and hide it in various freezers. Then send the pieces out for analysis or DNA testing.

Edited by BigTreeWalker
  • Upvote 1

BFF Patron

GEORGERM: You have some valid points. I tend to believe that the Mt St Helens reports have some basis in fact. If BF were there, and killed, they were gathered up just like all the other dead animals. You can be sure if you have a body, human or not, and it becomes known, some government agency at a Federal, State or local level are going to show up and help you decide what to do with it. And you keeping it, is not going to be one of your options. If you shot it, is it on the list of animals the state accepts can be shot without a tag or hunting season? Just by definition it will have to be determined by someone if it is endangered. And you can be sure that they will want to hold the body until all the legal issues are worked out. While that is going on, some government agency will probably decide that the body should belong to the government rather than some individual. If there is a cover up, you will never see it again and the government will deny they even got it. Your word against theirs. If confiscation ever happens to someone, I would recommend that you ask whoever confiscates the body to identify themselves with name, ID, employee number, badge number or whatever, on some sort of signed receipt, indicating that they have removed what appears to be a bigfoot, I would describe it verbally in as much detail as you have time for, from your possession. Confiscation of private property should at least require some sort of receipt. I would downplay the importance of that and bring it up like an afterthought. Just say that the thing is potentially very valuable and you are not simply going to let them take it without some sort of receipt saying it was taken from your possession, you can keep. They will have to admit that is true. If you start demanding things you are likely to be arrested. At least a receipt would give you something you could start legal proceedings to get your body back. Legal proceedings were necessary to stop the federal government from simply reburying the Kennewick man before scientists had the opportunity to do a detailed study of it. You will not get a body back without lawyer and legal processes even if everyone accepts it is an animal. If it looks human, you will end up in handcuffs when the authorities show up.

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

Let me propose, organizing a group to search the lahar on the East Side of Mt St Helens, looking for a skeleton washing out of the ash deposits with the spring runoff. 

That sounds like a good idea.  I wish I was a couple thousand miles closer to that area.  Maybe someday...

Would certainly preclude any potential legal (criminal or civil) liability by finding skeletal remains in lieu of killing one w/o really knowing what it is first (forensically speaking) as it is impossible to recall any bullets sent downrange.

edit; grammatical

Edited by Yuchi1
  • Upvote 1

Can you see what you all are writing down. The fact that the Government has laws in place for this creature in certain areas of the US is acknowledgment that the creature exist in those areas. So do you see where I am going with this. There would not be no laws if they did know these things did not exist. So some where they have found out that they do but have kept it to themselves as to not panic the people from visiting our national forest. So they are acknowledging they exist by placing laws in place. They just have not come out and screamed Bigfoot. Again with science being stalled since it has already acknowledge they exist. Now it is not even a game no more it just getting them to come out with the truth who deserve it.:)

Those are county laws not federal government or state laws. Someone decided in two counties in WA that they might exist so made some laws to protect them if they do exist. Skamania and Watcom counties. No conspiracy or hidden agendas there.

• Upvote 1

But still even though that it is in some counties and was released on April 1st it is still a deep price to pay for even thinking about killing one of these creatures. I might have jumped the gun on this one ,but it is not worth paying a $100,000.00 fine or getting a felony charge brought up on anyone. This means no matter where one shoots one, I would rather risk hiking and looking for bones or a body that has tucked it self some where to die.

A dart from a blow gun that can take a core sample from a creature would work just as good. The only problem would be is finding the dart that has the sample and it would be a one time deal.  I still say that this is an acknowledgment no matter if it is only two counties since more will follow. The law sate that you can not even harass them in these areas or you will be fined, So this is some real stuff no matter what anybody says if it is being enforced. But I doubt that it is. Anyhow back on topic sorry for the derail. My bad.

• masterbarber locked and unpinned this topic