Has Bigfoot Science Stalled?

georgerm

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

The question for me is researcher or opportunist.

Just because your crazy doesn't mean you aren't clever as a fox.

And the answer is...

Todd Standing Finally Exposed?http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/52459-todd-standing-finally-exposed/?hl=standing

So this topic which ran to an 8th page ... Many of the posters are liable to be sued?

Act so outrageous, that others can't help making fun of you ... then Sue?

Perhaps one can make a living at that. Trouble is, the lawyers get the bulk of it.

Plussed.

Why should we treat Ketchum with any more respect than Standing or Biscardi??? She has way bigger problems than any of us nobodies on this forum.....like the Houston chronicle that published an independent study on her work. That she claimed was just propoganda to discredit her....I have great disdain for the whole business of sueing people. And I would never consider sueing any of you for talking bad about me especially if my grandiose claims of proof never bore fruit. I view it as a citizens right to do so. Nobody should be able to gag you for speaking the truth.

Where is the proof Ketchum? Standing? Biscardi? No where.

Just a quick point. I agree with you regarding lawsuits but I would mention that just because we dislike the idea doesn't mean we should disregard the potential liability risk. There is a specific rider which one may apply to ones homeowners liability insurance to cover claims of libel/slander/etc. as regular homeowners liability policies do not offer those protections.

Because, like it or not, we live in a litigious society and posting on a forum opens us up to legal actions. Heck, posting a bad review on yelp has resulted in damage awards going into the millions.

We don't have to participate in the ugliness but we shouldn't be blind to the potential risks either....

I'll ask, thanks.

Demanding proof of extraordinary claims becomes irrelevant when you cross the line into personal attacks leading to defamatory utterances...particularly when you have no "proof" to back up those utterances....that's when you have crapped and fell back into it, rhetorically speaking.

Edited by Yuchi1

Demanding proof of extraordinary claims becomes irrelevant when you cross the line into personal attacks leading to defamatory utterances...particularly when you have no "proof" to back up those utterances....that's when you have crapped and fell back into it, rhetorically speaking.

But I do have proof, despite your feigning not to see it.

Strike 1- Her paper does not support her hypothesis that she has a complete Sasquatch genome. Her data shows she has fragments of DNA, both human and animal, including possom. Which is not evolutionarily viable.

Strike 2- Instead of using a peer reviewed journal she publishes her paper through her newly opened Denovo website she owns. A scientific biggie no no. She counters that no peer reviewed journal would publish her paper.....see strike number one above.

Strike 3- Her DNA lab had a F rating with the better business bureau.

Strike 4- She now has moved on to Dog man, a mythical bipedal canid. Which explains alot about her Sasquatch study. See the part about "not evolutionarily viable" in strike number one. Not even going to get into the star child skull.

Everything I have stated above I have linked to my sources in previous posts. They are not utterances....

If Yuchi wants to put stock in her paper or her future works? Its a free country ;)

• Upvote 2

↑

I have read all of the links you provided. I completely agree with you. Have a green plus.

Demanding proof of extraordinary claims becomes irrelevant when you cross the line into personal attacks leading to defamatory utterances..

B S. Wanna hear my latest ghost story?

Oh, and there's bigfoot telepathy involved, so if I move this to the proper channel, you won't even be able to question my veracity. Hey, bigfoot communicated telepathically with me. Nyaa.

Edited by Incorrigible1

Admin

Back to the subject of why BF science has stalled...

It is depressing. Sometimes I wish the Steering Committee would pass a rule to only allow flesh and bone BF discussions...

I really think that being inclusive; allowing paranormal stuff, is what derails this forum and the community from being productive. People spend a lot of time and energy arguing about non-sense (IMO) instead of focusing on practical ways to tackle the problem of discovery.

It also causes scientists to shun the subject, they won't touch it because of all the paranormal claims.

It's sad.

Edited by gigantor
  • Upvote 1

Cryptic-I bet you have an old Aretha Franklin album lying around somewhere.  Before the question of whether BF science has stalled, I believe you have to define the parameters of what you consider science, and just exactly what you are trying to prove.  Are you trying to merely prove the existence of the creature, and if so, are you  going about it?  I really doubt that even a lengthy HD video of a BF would convince the mainstream scientific community, and I'm not fully convinced that a BF body would do much better.   It would only prove existence of one creature, not that there are others out there.

If  the infighting, jealousy,  egos, and in some cases financial gain of much of the BF community were put aside, and the community made a concerted effort, no doubt much more meaningful  evidence could be produced.  I am sure that many members here either have some pretty convincing evidence, or know someone who has, but that evidence will never be revealed, except to a selected few.

With all of that being said, I think that if BF were proven to exist to the public at large, the BF would ultimately suffer.  Even though some members of this forum believe that the government, big corporations, etc. are out to eradicate BF populations (and they may be right), I believe that BF are resilient and adaptable beings.  They don't need our help-I believe they have done very well for a long time without it.

As far as their existence being proven to vindicate my beliefs, I could care less; I don't have any desire to tell people "Ha-I told you so."   I don't have to prove anything to anyone, in that respect.  To those people who do not believe in their existence, that is their privilege, but if those individuals are truly interested in trying to find the truth, they need to "put boots on the ground."

• Upvote 2

Admin

If you want to discuss lawsuits, defamation or any other legal action, do it somewhere else. Any further discussion about litigation or other off topic content and the author(s) will be excluded from this thread, permanently.

Stay on topic and enjoy the thread!

If  the infighting, jealousy,  egos, and in some cases financial gain of much of the BF community were put aside, and the community made a concerted effort, no doubt much more meaningful  evidence could be produced. 

Not at all.  The infighting, jealousy, etc., etc. is pretty well limited to the public hoaxers, liars and woo's which imo make up about 90% of the community.  The few who are legitimate researchers are conspicuous in their silence and in their refusal to participate in the childish actions and claims of the vocal majority.

t.

It is depressing. Sometimes I wish the Steering Committee would pass a rule to only allow flesh and bone BF discussions...

I really think that being inclusive; allowing paranormal stuff, is what derails this forum and the community from being productive. People spend a lot of time and energy arguing about non-sense (IMO) instead of focusing on practical ways to tackle the problem of discovery.

It also causes scientists to shun the subject, they won't touch it because of all the paranormal claims.

It's sad.

Exactly!  It always disappoints me that the BFF includes that stuff and the posters who would have us believe it.  It's nice to be inclusive but it does a huge disservice to the subject.  

t.

It's sad.

Hello Gigantor. I thought the paranormal stuff was confined to the 'pay part' of the forum.

Cryptic-I bet you have an old Aretha Franklin album lying around somewhere.  Before the question of whether BF science has stalled, I believe you have to define the parameters of what you consider science, and just exactly what you are trying to prove.  Are you trying to merely prove the existence of the creature, and if so, are you  going about it?  I really doubt that even a lengthy HD video of a BF would convince the mainstream scientific community, and I'm not fully convinced that a BF body would do much better.   It would only prove existence of one creature, not that there are others out there.....................................

........................With all of that being said, I think that if BF were proven to exist to the public at large, the BF would ultimately suffer. 

Proving the existence of bigfoot by using standard science is a big step. Have you kept up with the DNA studies of bigfoot?  Read our past discussions for more details.

Sorry to hear you could care less about bigfoot proof. New positive forces here are a joy. How would bigfoot suffer if proved?

Edited by georgerm

The paranormal stuff was moved to the cryptozoology sub forum, which is free to use.

Cryptic-I bet you have an old Aretha Franklin album lying around somewhere.  Before the question of whether BF science has stalled, I believe you have to define the parameters of what you consider science, and just exactly what you are trying to prove.  Are you trying to merely prove the existence of the creature, and if so, are you  going about it?  I really doubt that even a lengthy HD video of a BF would convince the mainstream scientific community, and I'm not fully convinced that a BF body would do much better.   It would only prove existence of one creature, not that there are others out there.

If  the infighting, jealousy,  egos, and in some cases financial gain of much of the BF community were put aside, and the community made a concerted effort, no doubt much more meaningful  evidence could be produced.  I am sure that many members here either have some pretty convincing evidence, or know someone who has, but that evidence will never be revealed, except to a selected few.

With all of that being said, I think that if BF were proven to exist to the public at large, the BF would ultimately suffer.  Even though some members of this forum believe that the government, big corporations, etc. are out to eradicate BF populations (and they may be right), I believe that BF are resilient and adaptable beings.  They don't need our help-I believe they have done very well for a long time without it.

As far as their existence being proven to vindicate my beliefs, I could care less; I don't have any desire to tell people "Ha-I told you so."   I don't have to prove anything to anyone, in that respect.  To those people who do not believe in their existence, that is their privilege, but if those individuals are truly interested in trying to find the truth, they need to "put boots on the ground."

Plussed, well said and the ultimate of summation for all things Sasquatch related.

BFF Patron

Dlaw::   "  I really doubt that even a lengthy HD video of a BF would convince the mainstream scientific community, and I'm not fully convinced that a BF body would do much better.   It would only prove existence of one creature, not that there are others out there."       

I agree about the HD video as proof.    The scientific significance of one body only,  points to either last  surviving member of a species, or places where science does not want to go.    Science would investigate the first option and try to locate more without even considering the second because it would require BF to be extra terrestrial and some sort of ET survivor to be one of a kind.     For there to be any there has to have been a breeding population within the subject's lifetime.     They are not going to jump from presumed myth to alien just because they have a body on a lab table.     

The other factor that will be part ff the discovery process, is where did the bone or body come from?      If I plunked a BF skull down on Meldrum's desk his first question would be where did it come from?.     It is pretty easy for main stream science to accept a new primate species discovery from bones in Africa, we get them every few years.   But discovery of one in North America will take some investigation to vet.    A large portion of main stream science would think I found it in Africa or South America and am trying to hoax.   My point is that the whole process is not as easy as it would seem.    

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT
  • Upvote 1

• masterbarber locked and unpinned this topic