Has Bigfoot Science Stalled?

georgerm

BFF Patron

According to the link I posted the adult gorilla has 6 times the upper body strength of similar sized humans.     Interesting that the male gorilla also has scent glands under its armpits.   That and no tail sure have a lot of correlation between BF and gorillas.      A common description of BF juveniles describe wide shoulders and a very tapered and undeveloped hips and legs.    Makes me wonder if they spend considerable time in the trees until they are large enough to defend themselves from predators on the ground.    Other than falling the trees would be far safer for a juvenile if the parents were not around.  

Another thought I had was that if BF originated in Asia and migrated to North America,   most trees in Asia are leafy trees and their limbs would likely support adult BF.    But upon reaching North America, where the pine or fir trees are much more common than leafy trees in the West,   the conifer limbs are not as substantial and able to support  as much weight.    I know my large Douglas Fir tree sheds large limbs with every wind storm.     So perhaps in the last 14.000 to 12, 000 years in NA,   BF were forced to spend less time in the trees and more on the ground because of the trees and their ability to support the weight of BF.     That is probably a similar evolution that the gorilla had in Africa.  It is now basically a terrestrial animal.    Now in the case of BF only juveniles spend much time in trees because as they get older, their weight starts breaking limbs.      

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

Why do bigfoot have such powerful necks?

Genetics. The genes that allow for this are also present in humans. Football player is one occupation in which this trait is useful. But that isn't how they got the trait in the first place. Who knows where or why that gene originated in the ancient past. It's just possible BF has the same or similar gene as we do. The difference being that it is more the norm for them than it is for us. Their observed physic is not much different from human body builders, just bigger. Although there are sighting reports of skinny BF. Maybe they didn't get the gene. ;)

Their head is hung more in front of their shoulders toward the chest, and not much neck at all - and they seem like they're leaning forward as the walk.  

I don't know if it's much "stronger," as it is shorter.

I mean, the entire critter is built like a freak body builder on steroids - and then triple sized.

When I sighted the pregnant female it was in the first half of June.  Just before the full moon in 1974.

JDL

You seeing a pregnant female in June, well it makes it hard to figure out with out there being more females being pregnant in June. It was either in April or October I believe that when I smelt that sweet smell for the first time That I was told here by members that this is the smell of new born. I have only smelt it once but have smelt the adults many times  along the trails depending on the wind direction. For myself as far as them as when they might get pregnant might be a. fall time pregnancy to spring time birth, now this is just theory on my part and if there was a way to prove it I would. Maybe I need to learn how to have a two way conversation with them then have a one way conversation. I don't know ! I do not believe that I am an export. But I do know that the encounters I have had were real and not made up. So that must put me little bit ahead of the game then most, with no dis respect.

That use of shoulders and arms for food gathering is referenced in my post above about gorillas and their upper body strength.   We have not observed much about BF other than reports of them pulling out root plants,  tearing logs apart for termites,  and having pits where they frequently go to harvest picas.    Some of that is similar to gorilla harvest needs.    Some use of trees by juveniles would lead to upper body development also even though tree climbing may not be done by adult BF.     We just need a lot more observational data to fill out the picture for BF.   Certainly that massive neck is there for a reason or reasons.

I can see this with their upper body strength and how they live would work their neck muscles. We have found up rooted trees , cotton tails for the roots, broken and twisted limbs that would work these areas of muscles. Sure even the climbing of trees and swinging off limbs would do it as well. But like the saying goes one needs to observe these creatures in the wild  in order to learn how they live.

Their head is hung more in front of their shoulders toward the chest, and not much neck at all - and they seem like they're leaning forward as the walk. 

I don't know if it's much "stronger," as it is shorter.

I mean, the entire critter is built like a freak body builder on steroids - and then triple sized

Well the one that I seen the first time was skinny but not skinny skinny, It had some meat on it. It looked like it could do some damage if it wanted it to, and it looked like chewbaca. Looking like Chewbaca is the best way that I can describe what I saw up in upper Michigan. Do not get me wrong that it did not have a ripped Body , this this was ripped. 

JDL on the other hand bears have similar violent behavior with mating competition,   territorial disputes,   competition for the great fishing spot catching salmon,   yet bears shoulders and necks are not nearly as massive with the same weight ranges as BF.    Of course bears primary weapons are their claws (which BF does not seem to have), and their predator canine teeth.      Perhaps BF are the WWF creatures of the animal world and work out aggression more with wrestling because of lack of claws.       BF mating behaviors are all conjecture at this point.    Bears not only do not have family units including males but the females have to protect the young from being eaten by males.   Hopefully that is not the case with BF.     

Bigfoots are built to be WWF winners. There are some reports out there of bigfoots wrestling that must require a strong neck. There are other reports of bigfoot breaking the necks of prey so they understand how it's done. While in mortal combat with another BF over a female, a strong neck would be necessary to stay alive.

Part of fighting and aggression has to do with intimidation where battles can be won with out the combat. Having a big head and neck has the power of intimidation. The bigfoot that I saw had a big head that must have been heavy and required a strong neck to support it. A horse's neck is strong since it holds up a heavy head at an angle.

Look at the neck on this bigfoot. Does anyone know the history of this picture?

post-447-0-97293400-1459140611_thumb.jpg

Here's one almost the same color.

post-24465-0-87375500-1459144998_thumb.j

And they do like water. ;)

post-24465-0-08024200-1459145124.jpg

So that's where that short thick neck comes from!

JDL on the other hand bears have similar violent behavior with mating competition,   territorial disputes,   competition for the great fishing spot catching salmon,   yet bears shoulders and necks are not nearly as massive with the same weight ranges as BF.    Of course bears primary weapons are their claws (which BF does not seem to have), and their predator canine teeth.      Perhaps BF are the WWF creatures of the animal world and work out aggression more with wrestling because of lack of claws.       BF mating behaviors are all conjecture at this point.    Bears not only do not have family units including males but the females have to protect the young from being eaten by males.   Hopefully that is not the case with BF.     

Bigfoots are built to be WWF winners. There are some reports out there of bigfoots wrestling that must require a strong neck. There are other reports of bigfoot breaking the necks of prey so they understand how it's done. While in mortal combat with another BF over a female, a strong neck would be necessary to stay alive.

Part of fighting and aggression has to do with intimidation where battles can be won with out the combat. Having a big head and neck has the power of intimidation. The bigfoot that I saw had a big head that must have been heavy and required a strong neck to support it. A horse's neck is strong since it holds up a heavy head at an angle.

Look at the neck on this bigfoot. Does anyone know the history of this picture?

Now this is an ape , and nothing of what I saw in the wild. Their legs are longer and more trim ,but the female that I seen was heavier and she just looked big but then I observed her through a starlight. I believe that we named her monica in BFF1.0 when I first reported my encounters . I observed her and her two teen age kids while another person stood in front of her while she was swaying back and forth. The teens that I observed were thin but muscular But I never observed their necks though, just the out line of their bodies. But from what I observed they looked chimp like the way they were position. Just the way they were standing on each side of the female is what got my attention and the way that they were ready to flee.  Their out line looked very chimp like now that I look back on the event that to place.  

BFF Patron

Bears fight over mating with females but it is rarely to the death.     The strongest one wins and the other normally moves away to stop the conflict.     There are usually injuries involved because of use of claws and teeth which could be a problem later because of infection.    It would be to our advantage if a BF conflict produces a body.      Somehow I cannot imagine a winning BF male, turning around a burying or allowing the females involved to bury a conquered BF body.    More likely than that would be that they eat it or just let it lay to be taken by scavengers or found by a lucky bigfooter.      But like the bear and a lot of males whose species fight over females, most likely that mating conflict stops short of death.     Stopping the mating conflict before killing would be better to perpetuate a species.     The strongest would win the right to mate and the weaker would live to get another try next time.   If the fight was to the death, then younger ones might not be as inclined to even try to win.        

Georgerm that looks like a gorilla from the back, even the coloring is the same.  

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

I concur, that looks more ape than squatch, but maybe georgerm can explain? Where was the pic from? If I saw that thing in the wild I would be a bit intimidated to say the least. Ape or not...

An important thing to note is the Trapezius muscle works in tandem with the Deltoids in the act of throwing, so perhaps the largeness of the traps suggests a development by lifting and throwing heavy objects. This must be a hunting skill that is highly developed, they are capable of accurately throwing large and heavy objects to disable their prey, or to ward off intruders....

• Upvote 1

Those pictures I posted above are gorillas. In georgerm's picture the coloration is almost identical, as well as the build. Someone put bigfoot in the caption of his picture. I could have done the same with the ones I posted. Easy to do, just rename it whatever you want.

I concur, that looks more ape than squatch, but maybe georgerm can explain? Where was the pic from? If I saw that thing in the wild I would be a bit intimidated to say the least. Ape or not...

The picture came up on an internet search for under 'bigfoot images'. Ape or bigfoot, the picture shows the same type of neck. We don't need to derail the thread over this picture, but the discussion remains the same; why does BF have a huge neck?

An important thing to note is the Trapezius muscle works in tandem with the Deltoids in the act of throwing, so perhaps the largeness of the traps suggests a development by lifting and throwing heavy objects. This must be a hunting skill that is highly developed, they are capable of accurately throwing large and heavy objects to disable their prey, or to ward off intruders....

Bigfoots are known to throw large objects as Lake talks about. The large neck keeps another BF from twisting it during a serious wrestling fight. They might even know the head butt move or ram another with the head down like football players.

We could turn that question around. Why do most of us have longer skinnier necks. Gorillas have the necks being talked about. Chimps also have shorter necks and heavier shoulders. It's a primate trait which shows up in us also on occasion. Saying BF have these necks because of their behavior is like saying football players are that way because they play football. This trait was bred into the order millions of years ago. It's only a guess as to why. It allows them to do things that wouldn't be possible without the massive neck and shoulders. Maybe they train with tree trunks and boulders in the woods. ;)

• masterbarber locked and unpinned this topic