Has Bigfoot Science Stalled?

georgerm

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

I would not rely on youtube videos but read books by noted anthropologists such the book I put up a response or two ago.

One of the reasons is that the video is wrong about fire and tools, as far as I am aware.

Tools are a possibility but unproven (neither likely or unlikely), fire is highly unlikely at that point since there is no evidence that even Homo Erectus used fire till 500,000 years ago.

If they where that sophisticated we would not have a film of an unclothed hairy female with no tool, no back pack, etc,

And there would be more stories of people sitting around campfires and drinking beer with a Bigfoot. :wink:

Let's increase academic speculation .................... and as a group add more brain cells. If you are up on ancient 'homo' species then spout off. This thread section is for those who like to read and speculate on bigfoot's ancient history. Do some homework rather than scratching the surface. Let's raise the bar. 

I posted quite a bit on some of the latest ancient history of Almasty and Yeren;  possibly a bigfoot variation. It was disappointing when so few comments were received.

In addition, the Smithsonian website describes some of the ancient human like primates that existed during the same time period mentioned above. Check it out. Write your thoughts and have fun with it.

I find it fascinating how Almasty (Russian Bigfoot )according to Sykes, (American genetist), thinks Almasty came from Africa possibly as a primitive ape/man.  Other hominids were developing in Africa 2 million years ago. Which ones might be bigfoots ancestor. Who is digging out in Kenya now looking for new clues?

post-447-0-94366000-1464291722_thumb.jpg

post-447-0-60820600-1464291858_thumb.jpg

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

leading paleo archeologists for hominid discoveries.

Many interesting discoveries are outside of Africa such as in Java or the recent hobbit.

Renowned paleoanthropologists[edit]

from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleoanthropology

Edited by Cryptic Megafauna

I consider the lid to now be well off the box for considering the period for the earliest migration to N.A., and open season on the most probable route(s) of migration(s).  Last week's report of a flint blade found in a Florida spring at a level dated to 14,500 years ago is truly astounding, but a confirmation of what has already been hinted at here and there in other excavations. If there were pre-Clovis people all the way to Florida at that early date, the previously held theory that the ice blocked such migrations is out the window. If we can't even say when, or how they arrived, do we really have a firm grasp of what likely did, or did not, migrate with them ?

http://popular-archaeology.com/issue/spring-2016/article/prehistoric-site-in-florida-confirms-pre-clovis-peopling-of-the-americas

• Upvote 2

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

I consider the lid to now be well off the box for considering the period for the earliest migration to N.A., and open season on the most probable route(s) of migration(s).  Last week's report of a flint blade found in a Florida spring at a level dated to 14,500 years ago is truly astounding, but a confirmation of what has already been hinted at here and there in other excavations. If there were pre-Clovis people all the way to Florida at that early date, the previously held theory that the ice blocked such migrations is out the window. If we can't even say when, or how they arrived, do we really have a firm grasp of what likely did, or did not, migrate with them ?

http://popular-archaeology.com/issue/spring-2016/article/prehistoric-site-in-florida-confirms-pre-clovis-peopling-of-the-americas

You do, and the lid was off a long time ago but the Clovis first crowd is very persistent.

People (and others) came over (or reverse migrated) during interglacial periods. I believe the occurred every 15,000 to 30,000 years.

For humans and (one hybrid Sapiens - Neanderthal) there are consistent dates up to a 28,000 (or perhaps even 32,000?) years before present. Very rare so not accepted by Clovis advocates.

The migration would have to have been coastal and even by watercraft. 

It would not surprise me if eventually they have 70,000 year dates and even up to 200,000 years which would make Homo Erectus a possible candidate (more Squatchy looking). The remains of early Paranthropus and the like may never be found as they often live in deep mountain forests with acidic soils.

Perhaps that is why we think they became extinct (Australopithecine like relatives), they simply moved into ecosystems to avoid competition with Homo Genus in areas that do not preserve fossils (Meldrum like this idea)

CM, I take it you doubt Neanderthal in the new world, as do I.

Edited by Incorrigible1

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

In my way I am doubter is as far as the Bigfoot hybrid fantasy league. 

But there is a hint from archeology in the new world ( a fossil from 22,000 - 32,000 that had Neanderthal rib morphology and, I assume, a certain robustness.

More like the reabsorption of the genome into a modern universal population from an outlier.

(Neanderthal was an isolated minority probably cut of from the main genome flows for an extended period that led to its lateral hybridization.)

I believe that there are  a line of modern human female that express a Y chromosome of the Neanderthal.

This has not come up in the testing paradigm of finding Neanderthal since detection is avoided if they never sample that rather rare line. I also believe I met such an individual once.

But as a dominant new world population, no

to answer your question.

In my way I am doubter is as far as the Bigfoot hybrid fantasy league. 

But there is a hint from archeology in the new world ( a fossil from 22,000 - 32,000 that had Neanderthal rib morphology and, I assume, a certain robustness.

More like the reabsorption of the genome into a modern universal population from an outlier.

(Neanderthal was an isolated minority probably cut of from the main genome flows for an extended period that led to its lateral hybridization.)

I believe that there are  a line of modern human female that express a Y chromosome of the Neanderthal.

This has not come up in the testing paradigm of finding Neanderthal since detection is avoided if they never sample that rather rare line. I also believe I met such an individual once.

But as a dominant new world population, no

to answer your question.

Can you go into more detail? Quite interesting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foekje_Dillema     This is part of an interesting read.

Dillema was named "athlete of the match" in 1949 after winning the 100 metres and 200 metres race during a tournament in London. She was an important rival for another Dutch athlete Fanny Blankers-Koen, who won four gold medals during the 1948 Summer Olympics and who was voted "Female Athlete of the Century" by the IAAF in 1999.

In 1950 Dillema was banned from competition for life by the IAAF. Dillema had refused to go to a mandatory sex test for the European championships in Brussels in August 1950. Her national record of 24.1 seconds for the 200 metres was erased,[1] On 13 July 1950, Dillema was stopped on her way to an international meeting in France by the Dutch athletics authorities and expelled for life from competition. She returned home to Friesland and did not leave her house for at least one year. She lived a quiet life in her home town afterwards and always refused to speak on the subject.[2]  

read the rest ..........................

This is diverging from the topic so see if you can pull us back on course .............................  Almasty, Yeren, Bigfoot and others/.

BFF Patron

There have been Solutrean points found in North America.    I think two to date.     Their culture in Europe was from 21,000 to 17,000 years ago.   Lot of debate about this because of it puts the human origins in NA much further in the past and from a different direction.     Science does not like to deal with this kind of anachronism.  So some claim the points were brought here by early European settlers as trinkets and lost.   Of course that ignored the depth of the soil where they were found.       The only logical solution was that Solutrean travelers followed the ice sheet from Europe to NA most likely on skin boats.     Lending credence to this is the fact that Solutrean arrow and spear points are very similar to Clovis points.    The minor differences seem to point to the fact that one evolved from the earlier ones although the Clovis points are more primitive in a lot of ways.    The Solutrean points are considered to be the most elegant and the pinnacle of stone point development.   The Younger Dryas event (12,900 years ago) pretty much separates the two cultures from modern NA in time.   Perhaps the Solutreans were wiped out because of their location in the NE and the Clovis peoples rose up from the survivors, only vaguely remembering how to make those elegant points.  Then they moved into the interior SW because of the climate change of the Younger Drayas in the Northern areas.        I can pretty much predict that the current theory of human migration to North America is either partially or completely wrong.  

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

There is no one theory,  only theory proponents,

What you might have said was overturned in the popular mind.

The followers of Clovis for that last 30 years or so where a blinkered set of academics trying to defend what they learned thirty years ago and didn't keep up.

NatGeo still acts as if dates earlier than Clovis are "new" or controversial, many are at least decades old.

The interesting "new" news was a 70,000 date for islands near Australia (or Java? or between the two??)

That means it might be reasonable to assume that eventually a 70,000 year old site in N.A. will be found.

The discoverer of the green meadows site, which is the oldest site in the Americas thinks he know where there is a 200,000 year old site.

He is not excavating it because he thinks he needs to let science catch up (too controversial and would not be accepted currently) and for analytical techniques to advance.

200,00 years ago you had Homo Erectus who was somewhat Squatchy.

post-25212-0-15034900-1464374566_thumb.j

BFF Patron

For sure the older the site is,  the deeper it is buried normally making it harder to find.   Since science is equipped with 14,000 to 12,000 Bearing Sea migration blinders, how many earlier finds are simply incorrectly dated.      Much of the stuff we know about dinosaurs is because it is eroding out of cliff sides.    Geological forces with are making the process easy for us.      As we go further back in North American habitation we either have to find things in caves, look in geologically stable areas pretty deep,   or find a North American Olivetti Gorge.     With the up and down sea levels much is probably underwater.    Really old stuff is not old enough to be washing out of cliff sides.        I know there are recent reports of NA settlements found under water in Pugent Sound.   What is yet to be found off the Washington, Oregon, and California coasts?   We may have to wait until the next ice age to find out when the sea level falls.     Throw in a few 100+ foot tsunamis and much is probably buried under sand even on shore.    My gut feeling is that the Bering migration was the later one.   That earlier ones came from Western Europe just as a continuation of the East to West migration out of Africa.    If ice age was needed, to support either route, why not one of the earlier ice ages putting mankind and BF back that far? 

Would certainly love to learn of the existence of a North American Olduvai Gorge.

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

Lot's of fossil beds and caves in North America, no hominids found except humans.

No deposits for the ages found in Africa probably, doesn't matter though, Olduvai shows that the evolution happened there.

What is not known is the complete picture of the out migrations and further evolutions that occured, never will be completely known.

Too many gaps in the fossil record that will never be filled as there are no deposits for the correct time periods. (fossils occur under rare conditions that change over time)

I would be looking in cave floors in Wyoming, Nevada, Texas, coastal migration routes., etc. or near the confluences of major river systems and that have not been discovered as yet or had a dig.

For sure the older the site is,  the deeper it is buried normally making it harder to find.   Since science is equipped with 14,000 to 12,000 Bearing Sea migration blinders, how many earlier finds are simply incorrectly dated.      Much of the stuff we know about dinosaurs is because it is eroding out of cliff sides.    Geological forces with are making the process easy for us.      As we go further back in North American habitation we either have to find things in caves, look in geologically stable areas pretty deep,   or find a North American Olivetti Gorge.     With the up and down sea levels much is probably underwater.    Really old stuff is not old enough to be washing out of cliff sides.        I know there are recent reports of NA settlements found under water in Pugent Sound.   What is yet to be found off the Washington, Oregon, and California coasts?   We may have to wait until the next ice age to find out when the sea level falls.     Throw in a few 100+ foot tsunamis and much is probably buried under sand even on shore.    My gut feeling is that the Bering migration was the later one.   That earlier ones came from Western Europe just as a continuation of the East to West migration out of Africa.    If ice age was needed, to support either route, why not one of the earlier ice ages putting mankind and BF back that far? 

When I look at the Pangea map that shows the earth 200,000 million years ago, then we look at the early human like people found in Africa during the same time, guess what comes to mind? Did these early people migrate across land from Africa to future North America to form Native Americans and bigfoot?

We have lots of layers of sedimentary rock showing in Oregon and maybe in the older rock some ancient bones will show a different story of early hominids. Maybe Homo habilis, shown below, will show up dating back 1.9 million years ago in Africa. More questions than answers.

Dr. Sykes thinks they may have migrated to Asia to form the Yerens including Zana. Study the diagrams and let your mind wander. Interesting connections are being made with evolving science.

post-447-0-76412900-1464496686_thumb.png

post-447-0-21896400-1464501526.gif

post-447-0-35240100-1464501552_thumb.jpg

post-447-0-42402200-1464501582_thumb.jpg

Edited by georgerm

• masterbarber locked and unpinned this topic