2016 The State Of Sasquatch Science

Guest Admin

Logic needs to be applied here.  Bigfoot is said to avoid humans at all costs.  It's why we can't find them.  If you want to meet the thing you are avoiding then just set up housekeeping with that thing on a small island teeming with the thing you are hell bent on avoiding otherwise.   Ever think that bigfoot is a cash cow and if you want to bring in a few dollars to your community this will do it?  Heck it got the media there and you can bet they bought at least lunch while in town.

Recordings of the creatures howls were featured in the news story, does not sound like anything local, also several sightings in the area, but I guess all that could be fabricated for attention, although I do not believe that to be the case here. A satellite look of the surrounding area suggests that maybe the howls were traveling across water and from a different location, which might make more sense given the lack of area on the island.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

• 2 weeks later...

Wow!, what a diverse group of opinions.  I didn't attend the Sasquatch Summit, which I'm guessing was the conference held in Quinault, WA last year. {now that's a cash cow} I have my reasons, but they are extraneous to this discussion.  I don't think you have to be a friend of Derricks to get him to share with the public.  Rich and him have been quite open with the evidence they have uncovered so far.  Plus Derrick was instrumental in getting Justin Smeja to tell his story and submit his evidence to the erickson project.  Albeit over aged and incorrect; therefore skewing the Sykes results.  I can't see why he would be stingy with anything, while insisting disclosure from others.

Just ask him; he's not hard to find.  The Olympic Project is his "cash cow" (so to speak), I respect Derrick and Rich and the whole posse up there, and believe that their percentages of success is high; due to the location.  The Olympic Range is overwhelmingly impressive, and has to be explored to be appreciated.  I don't doubt his sighting for an instant.

I also think (after reading) that I'd like to impart a word to the good people of this discussion.  If you want to get to the truth of this subject, then you have to sort though a lot of falsehoods to get to a kernel of truth.  What I take away as truth is the nests.  There are quite a few examples out there, and I've photographed one on my own.  I'll do a better job of documenting the next one.

I think there is a lot of truth within the bulk of eyewitness reports, I do not think they are mostly hoax, imagination, or misidentification. The only other things I put stock in is the foot print evidence, and certain pieces of video including the PG film, Paul Freemans clip, and a few others, but I do not need a whole lot more smoke to know there is a fire, as well as having some personal encounter experience that I have not been able to explain away to this point, I would say I am 95 percent convinced they exist, and 75 percent convinced they live in most of the wooded parts of the country, though in small numbers. I would say I am about 50 percent convinced that there is more than one type of their kind. I will go with 25 percent convinced they do not migrate or hibernate. I am about 10 percent convinced they are part human, and I am 0 percent convinced of them having supernatural abilities, other than the amazing natural abilities that seem supernatural to us.

Note: All percentages are subject to change without notice :onthequiet:

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

I'm very interested in these nests, I'll be awaiting pictures and follow up investigation. 

I find the idea of nesting in relation to BF very odd.  Why would they take the time and effort to carefully construct nests if they are the migratory animals they are portrayed as.  We are told to believe they will go as far out of their way to walk in a different track or substrate to avoid leaving trackways ( a sign of intelligence by acknowledging that they can be tracked ) yet they will potentially build nests that could be a proverbial breeding ground of DNA via hair samples left behind.  

One thing I know is that Herons and Cranes build large platform nests like that and he did say near good fishing.

Guess if he gets up to a nest he can see if there are any feathers...(or hairs)

I heard him say that Gorillas also build such a thing.

I'll be awaiting as well. did sound somewhat possible and not the usual fantasy league stuff.

Yah that is the only real excitement for 2016, unless you count a presidential election exciting, I will stick with suspected Sasquatch nests.

One thing I know is that Herons and Cranes build large platform nests like that and he did say near good fishing.

I'll be awaiting as well. did sound somewhat possible and not the usual fantasy league stuff.

I have been to a Sandhill Crane rookery in northern Idaho. Very interesting to say the least. All the cranes flying around sounded almost prehistoric. But the nests were in the tops of very large Ponderosa pines. Hundreds of feet off the ground and made of sticks and branches. The nests Derrick found are ground nests. He even stated that you could see where the vegetation, huckleberries, in the surrounding area had been used to construct them. Edited by BigTreeWalker

BFF Patron

Sandhill Cranes are dangerous for aircraft.    One pilot was killed by one when I was in pilot training and another aircraft hit a Sandhill Crane at over 30,000 feet over West Texas.    In that case the aircraft was damaged, one pilot ejected because the could not see and thought the other pilot dead,  and the remaining pilot brought the aircraft back for a landing.    Apparently the Cranes get into thermals and just keep going up.   Crazy birds.  

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

I have been to a Sandhill Crane rookery in northern Idaho. Very interesting to say the least. All the cranes flying around sounded almost prehistoric. But the nests were in the tops of very large Ponderosa pines. Hundreds of feet off the ground and made of sticks and branches. The nests Derrick found are ground nests. He even stated that you could see where the vegetation, huckleberries, in the surrounding area had been used to construct them.

I believe he said they were platform and way up a tree and that the brush had been broken down, as you say, to build them.

His point is that they wanted to be up off the ground in cold weather and that Gorillas do the same.

Have no idea, though.

Well I didn't get that out of the MonsterX interview or the pictures which were presented at the Sasquatch Summit. The only mention about something in the air was a training nest done in a huckleberry bush. One of the interviewers on the program mentioned trees but I believe Derek corrected that impression. Evidently you missed that.

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

Well I didn't get that out of the MonsterX interview or the pictures which were presented at the Sasquatch Summit. The only mention about something in the air was a training nest done in a huckleberry bush. One of the interviewers on the program mentioned trees but I believe Derek corrected that impression. Evidently you missed that.

I think I may have been referring to another video I posted elsewhere. So I guess that was the mess up.

It is for an upcoming conference.

Edited by Cryptic Megafauna

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

I can't find the link I posted but it was in the PNW, hadn't given the presentation yet but Had found an awesome sight with platform nests 80 feet up big trees and many acres of brush broken off flat, large rocks that had been used to knock together and was near acres of berry thickets, salmon filled streams, and other food. Was very recent and sounded like a very skilled recon team that left no trace.

The platform nests were 8 feet across. Once it is made a presentation you will all know of it cause I'm sure it will make a splash.

It's on you tube somewhere or another thread here I posted into. One of those podcasts channels that deals with Bigfoot researcher interviews. You get the sense they may have really stumbled on to something.

Edited by Cryptic Megafauna

Was it this? Because you were talking about trees where you posted that.

If it is, that's the one I was talking about in my post above.

Monster X Radio. I very highly recommend. 

It was the one I was talking about in the reply above.

Nests up trees, good researcher, prime site, lots of interesting stuff and not likely fantasy league.

https://youtu.be/QA2ZIhbyPdo?list=PLDBVscDrKaD9sKlvSVsSePJrvLB6NvmtR

Pretty good Podcast, definitely want to see some more on the nesting some photos and details will be cool to see.