2016 The State Of Sasquatch Science

Guest Admin

SSR Team

Think you're gonna be waiting until the Kennewick Conference in September for further info being shared.

Oh yeah, lets just wait four more months for the sake of the conference. How much is always put on hold waiting for a conference to come around? What's up with that as if I didn't know. This is what I truly despise about this subject. It's not the subject of Sasquatch. Nuh-uh. It's those who hold out on the information in order to soak a few more bucks out of the community, sell a few more books and recast footprint molds.

I apologize for my attitude about such matters but Don Keating has left me with a sour and bitter taste for this kind of transparent hookery. Since the Ohio Bigfoot Conference has just finished up I noticed James "Bobo" Fay wasn't a speaker after all. But Dr. Esteban Sarmiento was along with members of the Willow Creek movie cast. Him I like. The rest of 'em? Meh. Ah well....

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1

Guest Crowlogic

Was it this? Because you were talking about trees where you posted that.

If it is, that's the one I was talking about in my post above.

The casts in the video frame have very deep toe imprints indicative of stampers.

SSR Team

Oh yeah, lets just wait four more months for the sake of the conference. How much is always put on hold waiting for a conference to come around? What's up with that as if I didn't know. This is what I truly despise about this subject. It's not the subject of Sasquatch. Nuh-uh. It's those who hold out on the information in order to soak a few more bucks out of the community, sell a few more books and recast footprint molds.I apologize for my attitude about such matters but Don Keating has left me with a sour and bitter taste for this kind of transparent hookery. Since the Ohio Bigfoot Conference has just finished up I noticed James "Bobo" Fay wasn't a speaker after all. But Dr. Esteban Sarmiento was along with members of the Willow Creek movie cast. Him I like. The rest of 'em? Meh. Ah well....

I think it's because they want to get all that they have together and present it as best they can.

Must remember H that we are talking about volunteers with jobs and families, they can't just drop everything and get everything that they have together to present how they want at the drop of a hat just because the Bigfoot community is starved of anything and want it now, now, now.

I'm under the impression that it's under ongoing investigation too.

Oh yeah, lets just wait four more months for the sake of the conference. How much is always put on hold waiting for a conference to come around? What's up with that as if I didn't know. This is what I truly despise about this subject. It's not the subject of Sasquatch. Nuh-uh. It's those who hold out on the information in order to soak a few more bucks out of the community, sell a few more books and recast footprint molds.I apologize for my attitude about such matters but Don Keating has left me with a sour and bitter taste for this kind of transparent hookery. Since the Ohio Bigfoot Conference has just finished up I noticed James "Bobo" Fay wasn't a speaker after all. But Dr. Esteban Sarmiento was along with members of the Willow Creek movie cast. Him I like. The rest of 'em? Meh. Ah well....

I think it's because they want to get all that they have together and present it as best they can.

Must remember H that we are talking about volunteers with jobs and families, they can't just drop everything and get everything that they have together to present how they want at the drop of a hat just because the Bigfoot community is starved of anything and want it now, now, now.

As far as the wait goes I have NO issues with waiting for the presentation itself. I understand that these things take time. But I would rather see case presented on their own website two days before the conference. I also understand though that some compensation and a wider public recognition for their efforts is also well deserved.

I might add that my past comments regarding Sasquatch being masters of the slope. It would also seem my proposal of Sasquatch using slopes not just for evasion but for observation as well along with knowing the difficulty Humans and other animals have accessing them is being nicely upheld by the discovery. I would seem to be a fairly safe birthing place or nursery of sorts too.

SSR Team

As far as the wait goes I have NO issues with waiting for the presentation itself. I understand that these things take time. But I would rather see case presented on their own website two days before the conference. I also understand though that some compensation and a wider public recognition for their efforts is also well deserved.

I might add that my past comments regarding Sasquatch being masters of the slope. It would also seem my proposal of Sasquatch using slopes not just for evasion but for observation as well along with knowing the difficulty Humans and other animals have accessing them is being nicely upheld by the discovery. I would seem to be a fairly safe birthing place or nursery of sorts too.

Now you're just moaning for the sake of moaning H.. ;)

I'm with you on the slopes/ridges thing too, although these specifically i'm of the impression weren't found at crazy high elevations, but just at a high elevation in that specific area, they were found at under 1,000ft.

I've found trends in reports in this "general" area too that i thought were interesting.

Here they are, focus on the green (Spring) and look at the difference of the bottom graphic compared to the rest when i haven't focused on State lines like in the others, but on specific areas and mileage radius' around them.

post-136-0-24271600-1463581579_thumb.jpg

post-136-0-83659600-1463581605_thumb.jpg

post-136-0-06344600-1463581639_thumb.jpg

Edited by BobbyO
  • Upvote 1

Of course I'm moaning but not just for the sake of it I assure you ;)

Interesting stats to be sure. One thing that crossed my mind about the nest structures and their location was that they were of Human construction. My thinking was a deep cover spec ops operation as a training exercise. That's where my objectivity regarding the Sasquatch subject comes into play. The fact that the Olympic Project doesn't come out and actually say Sasquatch is to their credit. I wouldn't know of a way to pursue the spec ops line of thinking though and that is a problem. It's simply something I can't rule out however.

The hair samples are interesting after the report on their comparison to other samples but vetting the original samples is left in the hands of the person who is an expert on hair analysis . Since the newer hair samples are said to be an exact match it does leave at least some conclusive evidence that the newer samples have a precedence and so are not uniquely alone with nothing to compare them to.

And yes, I did note in the podcast that the elevation was not that high but I don't know it was above the stream/river or above sea level.

And the sheer crunching power of the SSR database has just been nicely demonstrated for you folks. And by a guy totally capable and committed to it's completion. Thank you BobbyO and all who are so diligently seeing the project through.

Edited by hiflier

I'm just curious BobbyO about that Capital table and the corresponding high concentration of sightings in Thurston County. Knowing the geography of Washington state that is a pinch point between the Cascade mountain range and the Olympic Peninsula. In your opinion is there movement occurring there in the spring between the two mountain ranges?

SSR Team

I agree about that possibility, i have no idea however why spec ops teams would take the time that it would take to make a nest however to we'd assume, sleep in.

Definitely on a ridge line H, and the highest area in a specific area, just not what many perceive to be a "ridge" in the PNW and above the snow etc.

It was still thought be in a very strategically placed position that got maximum visual exposure to the immediate area.

SSR Team

I'm just curious BobbyO about that Capital table and the corresponding high concentration of sightings in Thurston County. Knowing the geography of Washington state that is a pinch point between the Cascade mountain range and the Olympic Peninsula. In your opinion is there movement occurring there in the spring between the two mountain ranges?

In my very honest opinion BigTree, yes that's what i think.

And my belief of that is backed up by the numbers and by people that are alleged to have some decent ongoing encounters on their property that heightens at certain times of the year in which there are no prizes for guessing what ones.

I think there's love in the air personally.

I've got what i believe to be a pinch point nailed pretty much down, but i want a couple more years of seasons to see if we continue to get the same ongoing reports and the reason why i'm generally quiet about this is that i don't want to disclose too much in case some wise guys get wind of it and start screwing around.

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

I agree about that possibility, i have no idea however why spec ops teams would take the time that it would take to make a nest however to we'd assume, sleep in.

Definitely on a ridge line H, and the highest area in a specific area, just not what many perceive to be a "ridge" in the PNW and above the snow etc.

It was still thought be in a very strategically placed position that got maximum visual exposure to the immediate area.

I doubt it is spec ops to make gorilla nests 60 feet up, as you say the time.

Easier to hang a climbing sleeping bag platform by an anchor point.

One thing that does look like this are nests of blue herons, vultures, and egrets that would also explain the nearness to a fish supply.

Edited by Cryptic Megafauna

As I mentioned before and this is from the Olympic Project presentation at the Sasquatch Summit last fall, those nests are ground nests. As were the pictures they showed at the summit. The problem is there is very little to no information about them except for the MonsterX program.

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

As I mentioned before and this is from the Olympic Project presentation at the Sasquatch Summit last fall, those nests are ground nests. As were the pictures they showed at the summit. The problem is there is very little to no information about them except for the MonsterX program.

As I mentioned before when I started the discussion on this I was referring to a presentation on aerial nests.

And around and around we go.

PS: try at 47:42 into the monster x podcast, it specifically mentions the aerial nests.

Edited by Cryptic Megafauna

Cryptic, at 20:30 is a fuller description of the one nest in a tree that they found. Derrick admits that they don't know enough about it to determine if it is anything other than a large bird's nest. The main point of the discussion however is the investigation of the ground nests that were found. Those are where the hair samples were collected from and those are what were discussed at the Summit. Maybe they have climbed up to the tree nest by now. But there probably won't be any more information forthcoming about that until the conference in September.