How Do You Plan On Proving Sasquatch In 2016?

norseman

For me, I continue to just go about my daily business.....armed appropriately.

No matter if I'm purposefully on my Ranger looking for tracks in snow or on my boat fishing for steelhead, I'm prepared with a rifle and a woodsman pal. I do occasionally strap on my 44 mag as well in certain situations.

I would like to gather a larger expedition as well in the PacNW, but thus far that has proven tough to do.

I'm also considering putting a scat/hair sample collector together if anyone has some suggestions. I have seen some monster scat in my time I have always attributed to bear. Would be smart to collect a sample.

What is your plan to prove to science the existence of Sasquatch?

(please lets not turn this into a pro kill vs anti kill debate, all scientific methods welcome!)

Just going about my daily business which includes a few camping trips throughout the year, most of them being in the northern parts of Michigan's lower Peninsula, at least one should be up in to the UP however.  Also a lot of rides up through some pretty forested areas such as Manistee National Forest.  If i see one, great, hopefully I'll even be able to capture a photo or video but doubtful.  It would have to be the perfect scenario in order for me to get my phone out in time, I never walk around prepared with it.  

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

This is easy and probably perplexing to skeptics but I don't intend to prove existence of BF in 2016.    I am not equipped to do that.    Should I find skeletal remains, and I am always searching for that,  the best I can do is find someone I trust and turn the bones over to them.  That is more difficult than it sounds.  I do not know who I can trust.   At best I might get a mention in the paper they publish.   At worst, they could have the skeleton confiscated at any point by some alphabet agency who is watching them.  

I think I mentioned in my own thread that have a new interest in tree blow overs and the exposed soil their upended roots display.    If you ran around with an excavator, you could not expose as much soil in a forested area because of the living trees and root systems.    But when nature exposes soil with dozens of tree blow overs in an area,  bank erosion along ash falls and lahars,  soil erosion along stream banks,   and land slides along cliff faces,  nature is doing the work of dozens of pieces of heavy equipment exposing previously hidden soil,   and you don't need a permit from anyone dig or to look.   The ash fall and pyroclastic flow areas are particularly hopeful.   The ash and pyroclastic soil does not contain a lot of organic material that makes it highly acidic like normal forest soil.  That organic material has all been burned or cooked out.    A  BF could have been caught, suffocated, and buried in an eruption, and like Pompeii the preserved body is there to find covered in ash, waiting for natural erosion processes to expose it.     These methods may not work at all mid continent but the PNW is pretty much entirely volcanic in origin.

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT
  • Upvote 2

Do you pack a evidence kit with you?

Nope, just out there camping or cruising, I keep my eyes peeled and look for it but thats as far as it goes. Seeing one is more about verifying what I think I may have encountered years ago.  

This is easy and probably perplexing to skeptics but I don't intend to prove existence of BF in 2016.    I am not equipped to do that.    Should I find skeletal remains, and I am always searching for that,  the best I can do is find someone I trust and turn the bones over to them.  That is more difficult than it sounds.  I do not know who I can trust.   At best I might get a mention in the paper they publish.   At worst, they could have the skeleton confiscated at any point by some alphabet agency who is watching them.  

I think I mentioned in my own thread that have a new interest in tree blow overs and the exposed soil their upended roots display.    If you ran around with an excavator, you could not expose as much soil in a forested area because of the living trees and root systems.    But when nature exposes soil with dozens of tree blow overs in an area,  bank erosion along ash falls and lahars,  soil erosion along stream banks,   and land slides along cliff faces,  nature is doing the work of dozens of pieces of heavy equipment exposing previously hidden soil,   and you don't need a permit from anyone dig or to look.   The ash fall and pyroclastic flow areas are particularly hopeful.   The ash and pyroclastic soil does not contain a lot of organic material that makes it highly acidic like normal forest soil.  That organic material has all been burned or cooked out.    A  BF could have been caught, suffocated, and buried in an eruption, and like Pompeii the preserved body is there to find covered in ash, waiting for natural erosion processes to expose it.     These methods may not work at all mid continent but the PNW is pretty much entirely volcanic in origin.

Finding a skeleton would be a game changer for sure. And I would just contact U of W, keeping a bone or two for myself.

Just a guess. That's what we're doing here, isn't it?

Would you like for me to ask the voices in my head what they think?

I dont really care one way or the other Sasfooty.......ask away.

And no we are not here guessing Sasfooty, we are planning. We may not be able to control one side of the equation. But if you dont put your line in the water? You dont catch fish.

• Upvote 2

If anyone finds a bone or bones from what appear to be a primate it would be very wise of you to report it to the law enforcement having jurisdiction for the pertinent area. If it is actually BF bones you found, it is highly unlikely you or the public will ever hear about the lab results. If the bones are from Homo sapiens and you keep all or part of them, you'll be in trouble.

The thing to do if you find bones of a primate is to pick out some of the complete, least damaged bone segment from any part of the skeleton. Lay them on bare ground close together and photograph them along size scale reference. (A quarter on top of any U.S. bill will be fine if no ruler is on hand.)

After notifying the authorities of the location, replace the bones and cover the bare spot. They'll ask you to hang around. You MIGHT not want to mention the photos until their lab has completed their work, and the results have been made public. (If made public, it will be a human.)

If it is a named feral primate or human, any bone you've photographed can be identified by comparing it to those in the GREAT web site linked below.

Note: This awesome program is wholly devoted to primate skeletons; and if they have BF bones, they are not shown. If they are primate bones, their lab can confirm that.

http://www.eskeletons.org/