If You Shot One, Would That Be Poaching?

TD-40

I think Yuchi1 is attempting to make a case for a general law against shooting a BF and the legal consequences of doing so. But, that assumes the species is accepted and known to science, which it is not.

We are simply pointing out that if you kill a BF, it will be judged on a case-by-case basis. A simple self defense claim is enough, specially if a body is obtained and it is all that it is claimed to be: a very large, 8 ft+, powerful monkey-man that could tear you up into pieces.

So we are arguing two different scenarios.

G,

I have consistently maintained that self-defense is likely a very strong defense. However, if you bring one in that is shot in the back (i.e., NAWAC) that defense may prove problematic.

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

I, and others I know, have been menaced by bigfoot.  Doesn't take much more provocation than that,

And whether or not you accept it, that testimony holds value in a court of law should it ever be required.

I've been menaced by humans but if I go out and shoot one I don't think that is a defense, or even a Moose, out of season.

Has to do with the specifics/

Better to be tried by 12 than carried by six?

PS: I've been close enough to cryptids the size of Bigfoot to pat them on the head.

So I guess it's how easy you scare (and if you choose to believe my story)

I figure if something strange wants to check you out a temporary truce is in order.

Otherwise why are they choosing to come into contact?

I figure if something strange wants to check you out a temporary truce is in order.

Otherwise why are they choosing to come into contact?

Yes, and when you are doing strange things as humans in their domain thats when they want to check you out. My very first contact was due to us going out and trying to copy them and then sitting back by the fire waiting for them to make contact with us, by placing a salmon can with a glow stick hanging across a two track 8' of the deck. Then watching the glow stick being played with, and then having the sighting. While in the mean time having a Pittbull raised in Detroit able to pick up on strangers while tied to a tree barking in the direction of the movement of the creature. Where we later found tracks that were at least 15" x 7' x 4' with a stride of 72" from heel to heel.

Yes, when I seen it the truce was most definitly in order and there was no question that I was not going to shoot it. There was no need to since it never made no agression towards me but just stand there and pretend to be a pine tree.Strange creatures and you might even walk past them and not even know that they were even there. They have the B*lls to sit still and have you walk by so close to them with out you even knowing it. If I did this to another human in the woods my heart would be pounding , and that feeling of being caught I would feel. There is no way that I would be able to perform the things that they could do and I am not just talking about the males ,this females too.

So how could they this poaching when every one says they do not exist. It has to exist first before they can say it is poaching and they better **** well find alot more bodies  that says anyone is poaching these creatures and if that happens , then they are admitting that they exist. This charge would have to be faught in court and there it would have to be classified as an animal that exist in order for the charge  of poaching to stick. IMO Will there be any judge out there willing to take this charge to court for Bigfoot? Kinda makes you wonder about killing one just to find out where the court system will lead this charge too, if we have an un-classified animal or even yet human.

An unclassified human, where would this lead in the court system, how is a person to know what they just killed if it is strange looking and it freaked the crap out of them. Yea, I like to see some one get arrested for that one. I can just see how freaked out the police would be when they see this strange thing in the back of their pick up or car. Even taking it to the university how freaked out that they would be seeing a dead ancient human in their presence, thats if they are ancient human. See all the speculations . But I have always wondered what it would be like finding a dead one and how I would react, and what I would . These are disicions made in the field and not one i would want to make now. But thinking about finding a dead one is fun to think about on what one would do about.