What Triggers Bigfoot To Be Mean?

georgerm

Admin

What made these bigfoots mean?

http://cryptozoologynews.com/10-hours-with-a-bigfoot/

“Hell, I thought I should check, it could have been an abandoned baby or who knows,” he describes what happened next, ” Then, as I put the bottle of water down on the ground, I headed to the bush where I thought I’d heard the sound. When I woke up I had no idea where I was and my head hurt wonders.”

Jason was inside a small cavern, and the sound of running water nearby drew him back to his full senses. When he looked up he saw an image he will never forget.

If this story hasn’t caught your attention yet, wait to see what Jason has to say about the creatures’ upper bodies.

“There were two big bear-like creatures, standing up, seemingly arguing with each other in that same guttural tone of voice I had heard earlier back on the trail. I felt the back on my head and I noticed I had some blood. Something or someone had hit me hard enough for me to pass out and the carried along the trail inside a small cave or something. Their paws didn’t have claws, and I can tell they resembled human features. To be honest I wasn’t able to make out fingerprints or nothing, but what struck me hard was that they were completely hairless up to the elbow. Their torso and legs were covered in thick red hair, and their feet were even hairier, I couldn’t see any toes. No nails neither.”

“I was terrified, I had no idea what was going on and it looked more like a nightmare or something. I thought maybe I had eaten something wrong or the water had gone bad, and I was hallucinating. But I wasn’t, what I was watching was real. My hands and ankles were tied up with some type of plant material. They stood tall, I calculated probably between eight to ten feet, and I wasn’t able to see their heads well. Then they approached me, and I pissed my pants, literally. I am not ashamed to say this, I was so fearful I had no idea if this was it you know? That’s when I saw their heads. Their necks were hairless and they reminded me of vultures. Their heads had red hair, but also black feathers or I don’t know what it was, but it looked like feathers to me. Their eyes were dark, very dark and big as they got close to me. They weren’t communicating with each other anymore. The tallest one grabbed me by the tied legs and pulled me across the cave, dropping me on the cold surface. I was silent, I was afraid if I talked it would make them upset and make it worse. Then the shortest one came by and kicked me in the chest, I almost lost conscience again. They left me alone for five minutes or so and when they came back they were carrying what looked like tools, made out of wood and stone. They set my hands and legs free but I didn’t move. I sat back, with my back on the wall of the cave, and I could feel water run inside my shirt. I think I was getting sick. Then they approached me again and grabbed me by the arms and legs and they threw me outside of the cave. They threw a sharp rock at me and it hit me on the back. I ran like I had never ran before. I didn’t have a backpack, food or water. I found the trail and got back to my vehicle. When I checked my watch I realized I had been captive for about ten hours.

It sounds like an embellishment of the Albert Ostman story... 

Not buying it for a second.

• Upvote 1

IMO, they are not mean and generally avoid confrontation.  As with most animals there will be out layers in terms of personality and characteristics based on environment or situation, in regards to their demeanor.  

IMO, they are not mean and generally avoid confrontation.  As with most animals there will be out layers in terms of personality and characteristics based on environment or situation, in regards to their demeanor.  

The focus is on the reasons for bigfoot getting in a foul mood so hikers can avoid wandering into bad situations. Hikers need to know when they are in bigfoots yard and what to do next. Some of the more experienced bigfooters can help answer this question.

There are quite a few reports of hikers and campers dealing with a furious bigfoot. If people can get into the mind of bigfoot maybe some of this could be avoided. It could be as simple as not to stare into its eyes that could be construed as a challenge.

Edited by georgerm

Guest magnum peditum

Being aggressive takes energy that could be better used to survive unless left with no other choice. An animal with good survival skills will pick and choose situations sparingly. The idea would be when survival is perceived to be at stake, then energy is directed at being aggressive. What comes to mind are food sources and raising young. Animals probably don't operate on bravado. Measuring situations and maintaining control to focus on doing the job of staying alive is the most important instinct. 

So, I would say that I wouldn't expect much would make them Mean other than what we see in other Animals. Food, Rearing young are the two that come to mind.

Being aggressive takes energy that could be better used to survive unless left with no other choice. An animal with good survival skills will pick and choose situations sparingly. The idea would be when survival is perceived to be at stake, then energy is directed at being aggressive. What comes to mind are food sources and raising young. Animals probably don't operate on bravado. Measuring situations and maintaining control to focus on doing the job of staying alive is the most important instinct. 

So, I would say that I wouldn't expect much would make them Mean other than what we see in other Animals. Food, Rearing young are the two that come to mind.

Really good points Magnum and welcome to the forum. Your points are very well taken since your statements applies to us as well.

This thread is about bigfoot behavior and keeping humans bigfoot wise and safe in the woods. 

Since bigfoot may be closer to humans than originally thought, they could be motivated by memories and revenge much like humans. I have old memories that are tainted with hate that I try hard to dissolve. A human mauled by a bear may have a vendetta with bears resulting in fear of bears and disdain for them. Humans have long memories and hatred is a horrid emotion that can linger for a lifetime. Is this true with deer? If so deer flee but occasionally attack. This may be true with bigfoot. If so BF flees but also attacks more than deer would as described with this report.  

So what's the point? Is bigfoot born mean? Some Native Americans thought so but did they antagonize BF?    One point is, humans need to stop harming bigfoot since it's cruel, and this could endanger innocent humans while in the forest with their families. Did bigfoot carry out a revenge hitting the fellow in the head with a rock and punishing him in a cave as stated in the report above?  Possibly this encounter was a vendetta situation where the bigfoots want some retribution for moderate harm so they carried out moderate retribution.

Native Americans probably did think they were mean because they competed for the same resources.  They get testy when a human is near something they've constructed such as a hiding screen or ambush set up. Objects they construct are in a fixed position and cannot be moved and therefore are defended. It's my opinion they only use confrontation as a last resort when all else fails.

BFF Patron

Given the story itself,  and assuming it is not an outright fabrication (it reads like polished fiction),   I would not trust the recollections of someone that had lost consciousness for a long period of time.        The head like a vulture is the strangest part.   Something may have happened to injure the person,  and what is remembered could be product of an injured brain, or even an unconscious dream.    

As far as the thread topic, witness reports seem to indicate that territory might be associated with aggressive behavior.      Encounter in one area and BF just looks and walks away.    But in other areas,   being chased out of the area is sometimes reported.     There is an area (Mountain Loop Highway East of Granite Falls WA) where reports of aggressive behavior is fairly common.      That seems to indicate there are some very bad tempered BF there.    Mental illness,  parasites,  even rabies are all possible explanations for bad tempered BF.       Protection of young might be a factor.    Get between a BF and a juvenile might be very dangerous, as it is with most animals.   

Culture could be part of it.     European first experience with Native American tribe contact ranged from being invited in to share food and sexual favors, to warfare at first contact, and everything in between.    The entire history of some NA tribes with Europeans was hostile and not confined to them but neighboring NA tribes as well.     Perhaps there are BF tribes who have had bad experience with humans, been shot or shot at,   and  any contact is likely to be hostile?    

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

It has to do with evolution and mutual avoidance strategies end mutually exclusive ecological niches allowing each species to survive without competing directly.

We won many millions of years ago and the Bigfoot took the least desirable niche, one where we were not able to follow or go and had no desire to live in.

If Bigfoot came down into our towns and chased woman and stole our food we would round up the dogs and hunt them down.

If we go up into Bigfoots home town, so to speak, they bluff charge and make threat displays (throwing rocks, aggressive vocalization, tree breaking) and discharge malodorous musk to drive us off.

Just as we drive then back to the highland forests when they get too bold.

Edited by Cryptic Megafauna

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

Put a cam on you salted dried fish barrel storage area out in the shed and leave the gate open...

Bring out a glass of milk and some cookies when your big buddy get's there, and say cheese!

As far as the thread topic, witness reports seem to indicate that territory might be associated with aggressive behavior.      Encounter in one area and BF just looks and walks away.    But in other areas,   being chased out of the area is sometimes reported.     There is an area (Mountain Loop Highway East of Granite Falls WA) where reports of aggressive behavior is fairly common.      That seems to indicate there are some very bad tempered BF there.    Mental illness,  parasites,  even rabies are all possible explanations for bad tempered BF.       Protection of young might be a factor.    Get between a BF and a juvenile might be very dangerous, as it is with most animals.   

Very interesting. If possible can you post more on these reports? This is part of bigfoot behavior that we don't understand yet since they are nearly impossible to study. There are many questions and few answers. Does this BF group have genes that cause aggression or bad experiences? My guess is many times some of these animals have been shot and recovered resulting in life long hatred for humans. This hatred could be passed down to juveniles dues to their ability to communicate.

It has to do with evolution and mutual avoidance strategies end mutually exclusive ecological niches allowing each species to survive without competing directly.

We won many millions of years ago and the Bigfoot took the least desirable niche, one where we were not able to follow or go and had no desire to live in.

If Bigfoot came down into our towns and chased woman and stole our food we would round up the dogs and hunt them down.

If we go up into Bigfoots home town, so to speak, they bluff charge and make threat displays (throwing rocks, aggressive vocalization, tree breaking) and discharge malodorous musk to drive us off.

This really makes sense. By the time bigfoot arrived to the Americas, it had already adapted to mountains and remained there where they felt safe. In the meantime the Native Americans began to fill in the low lands, and the bigfoots stayed clear of them due to bad experiences. Imagine if you were a bigfoot and were shot by an arrow that won't pull out. So bigfoot breaks it off and leaves the flint arrow head and shaft intact. Now for several months infections set in and the bigfoot clan watches this poor individual die a horrid slow death. This clan would never forget this and avoid Native Americans at all cost by staying in the mountains. Now we have a clan of bigfoots that fell hatred for the Native Americans that may take years to subside. It may take years since bigfoots may be able to tell their young about this event.

BFF Patron

For a lot of aggressive encounters look at the BFRO website, Washington,  Snohomish Country    There must be a dozen aggressive reports many of which were class A and the BF showed themselves aggressively.     Why Finding BIgfoot has not been to that area is a mystery to me.    Nothing would make better TV than a raging BF.    Maybe they consider it too dangerous?   

I don't really buy into the idea that they are aggressive resulting mostly from aggression from man. IMO, we would have more history and reports of pursuing BF to have created this hatred of man. I still stick to the belief that it is a territorial issue or protecting a family group / the young. There is also the possibility of a grumpy BF as well, I'm sure all creatures have a bad day putting them in a sour mood.

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

Very interesting. If possible can you post more on these reports? This is part of bigfoot behavior that we don't understand yet since they are nearly impossible to study. There are many questions and few answers. Does this BF group have genes that cause aggression or bad experiences? My guess is many times some of these animals have been shot and recovered resulting in life long hatred for humans. This hatred could be passed down to juveniles dues to their ability to communicate.

This really makes sense. By the time bigfoot arrived to the Americas, it had already adapted to mountains and remained there where they felt safe. In the meantime the Native Americans began to fill in the low lands, and the bigfoots stayed clear of them due to bad experiences. Imagine if you were a bigfoot and were shot by an arrow that won't pull out. So bigfoot breaks it off and leaves the flint arrow head and shaft intact. Now for several months infections set in and the bigfoot clan watches this poor individual die a horrid slow death. This clan would never forget this and avoid Native Americans at all cost by staying in the mountains. Now we have a clan of bigfoots that fell hatred for the Native Americans that may take years to subside. It may take years since bigfoots may be able to tell their young about this event.

Your anecdotes I would have no problem with.

In addition I think that the avoidance and mutual exclusion go back millions of years and so are not just learned or perceptual but ingrained and instinct based.

Such as the great fear that many people have of Bigfoot even though they don't seem that scared of bears, or other large wildlife.

The release of musk and mock charges and threat displays are pretty instinctive type behavior as well.

We learned to avoid each other on the plains and uplifts of the Rift valley in Africa I think.

The problem is with modern road building and tree cutting, gas engines, cars and trucks our ecological niche is further expanding at the expense of theirs.

I don't really buy into the idea that they are aggressive resulting mostly from aggression from man. IMO, we would have more history and reports of pursuing BF to have created this hatred of man. I still stick to the belief that it is a territorial issue or protecting a family group / the young. There is also the possibility of a grumpy BF as well, I'm sure all creatures have a bad day putting them in a sour mood.

Your point is very well taken and your theory is probably a fact. Bigfoot's aggressive behavior is likely a combination of several factors depending on the individual and its history.

Your anecdotes I would have no problem with.

In addition I think that the avoidance and mutual exclusion go back millions of years and so are not just learned or perceptual but ingrained and instinct based.

Such as the great fear that many people have of Bigfoot even though they don't seem that scared of bears, or other large wildlife.

The release of musk and mock charges and threat displays are pretty instinctive type behavior as well.

We learned to avoid each other on the plains and uplifts of the Rift valley in Africa I think.

The problem is with modern road building and tree cutting, gas engines, cars and trucks our ecological niche is further expanding at the expense of theirs.

When mistrust and disliking becomes instinctually related to gene coding that controls thoughts, then there is a huge divide between species.