Bff Census

gigantor

BFF Census  

97 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Admin

We were in the chat room and started talking about the background and age of the membership.

In particular, we noticed that a lot of members are mechanically inclined and of middle age+. I thought it would be fun to see what the membership stats are, thus this poll. I apologize for not being able to include all fields, the board only allows 10 options.

Edited by Registration Desk
  • Upvote 1

Admin

Oh yeah, please feel free to comment.

Thanks!

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

Good idea, thanks for putting it up.

I guess we are all middle aged fantasists ; )

It would be good to choose more than one option as if you fall several categories (except age)

I voted, but I having been entirely self employed my whole life, ranging from several different businesses (and two current businesses), I thought the occupation selection was lacking a bit.  No big deal just pointing it out. 

Admin

The system only allows for ten options... I shouldn't have included "well rounded".

The system only allows for ten options... I shouldn't have included "well rounded".

I actually put myself as well rounded.  Having been (and currently am) a builder/contractor, coach/teacher, growing up a farm (both animals and plant farming), owning and running family operated retail stores (also doing that currently) - I have an extensive background that no option really fit.  I put sales/retail as my occupation, but that is only a small slice of what I do and have done.  As far as well-rounded, I am, but one thing I am not really is artistic.  No big deal, poll is fine, it just left out a little wiggle room for self-employed occupations or simply just self-employed would have been OK as an option.

Agree with Teegunn above, having been self employed for the last 45 years. After working as a structural draftsman for the first 8 years of my adult life, I became a contractor in the construction field, and also owned a medical alarm company for nearly a decade, so service/retail hardly covers it.

I think "well rounded" is appropriate for anyone who is well read, and has interests beyond making a living and hitting the bars. Even the fact that most of us here have an interest in a cryptid creature is an indicator of curiosity beyond the average, therefore well rounded.

Retired from a technical career at 53 due to health challenges, now a month away from 65 and able to explore my wide ranging interests. My wife and best friend just put in 60 days notice to her board this morning and when we have our 39th anniversary in July we'll be embarked on a new chapter of our journey to forever together. Part of that will include exploring the many parts of Montana we've missed as well as points west. With luck, we may even meet some of the fine folks from the forum!

• Upvote 4

Retired from a technical career at 53 due to health challenges, now a month away from 65 and able to explore my wide ranging interests. My wife and best friend just put in 60 days notice to her board this morning and when we have our 39th anniversary in July we'll be embarked on a new chapter of our journey to forever together. Part of that will include exploring the many parts of Montana we've missed as well as points west. With luck, we may even meet some of the fine folks from the forum!

If you are ever in my area (East TN - Knoxville) be sure to let me know! We will go out for dinner!