Taking Stock Of Cryptid Hominids

norseman

BFF Patron

I would think that rather than uncover what is there and possibly outrage the relatives you would make more points if any are still around just by honoring the site yourself.     Every time you come,  bring and place a bouquet of flowers to honor those that are buried there.     It makes no difference if they are human or BF,  if you are observed honoring the location by BF you would make points with them.     Perhaps that is what BF do around cemeteries.    Honor those departed who's living humans have forgotten them and no longer visit.    Or they could be honoring individual humans that they had some sort of relationship with when the human was alive.  Many of us are in that category.     If burial is part of their culture, then they would respect other cultures that do the same thing and respect those in the culture than honor their dead.    Who knows about any of this but what can it hurt to be respectful?   

Randy -

This is a thing we agree on.  

There are several pioneer cemeteries in town.   I look at the names and wonder who they were, who they loved, what they cared about.  In 2002 I lost my best friend.   I still go to the cemetery time to time so I know nobody else does.   Family.  Friends.  There are no flowers.  It is as if she never lived.   It messes me up.  I have a ritual .. I eat half a Snickers bar and drink half a diet pepsi 'cause splitting those is what we used to do.   Y' know ... that's all any of us have.   A few people who knew us will remember.  When they're gone, too ... we might as well have never been.  

How we treat the dead is very indicative of who we are.   Those who act respectful are respectful, those who act as boorish pigs are boorish pigs.  That's all there is to it.

Graves are a sacred thing not to be messed with.   If I find a bigfoot grave, I will take flowers ... and maybe a snickers bar.  

MIB

• Upvote 2

I thought that was only Zagnut bars.  :(

MIB

BFF Patron

MIB sorry to hear of your loss.    Nice ritual you have with the Snickers bar and Diet Pepsi.     I hope you accept that your relationship can continue when you are in the same state of being she is.   (Waiting for the oncoming tomatoes from our resident disbelievers).     I think I will take a trip up to the lahar this year when the road opens.    Maybe look for that grave again and perhaps other new ones.    Armed with flowers this time.       I would imagine that Mt St Helens is a spiritual place for BF.    I know it is for me.    I noticed they have new warnings about leaving the trail on the Monument website.       Gotta be careful with that.   

Thanks.  I appreciate that.   And yes, I find personal peace in that notion.  

I haven't been to Mt St Helens but I think it would indeed be such a place.   Going forth with a spirit of respect can't be a wrong thing.   Of course, going forth with large caliber firearms in case you meet something/someone not sharing your spirit of respect is not a bad plan either.   Hope for the best, prepare for the worst, then let the chips fall where they fall.  :)

MIB

Edited by MIB
  • Upvote 1