Taking Stock Of Cryptid Hominids

norseman

I know the animals are here in Australia, I don't need further proof

AS I said I have seen 5 animals in the past 20 years, we don't have bears so there is no mistaking what I saw

"I know what I saw" is precisely the issue - EVERYBODY knows what what they saw when it comes to Bigfoot despite the complete lack of objective confirmation whether they see him stepping behind a tree or stepping into an interdimensional portal... 

Marvin Gaye has some words of wisdom:

People say believe half of what you see

Son and none of what you hear

While one's personal subjective experience of Bigfoot may be perceived as real (and powerful and even life-changing) the objective evidence does not support it being an objectively real creature. It is not crazy to subjectively experience things differently to objective reality - it is an integral part of being human... happens to us all...

Perhaps the question, then, is not "What type of creature is Bigfoot?" but "What is the Bigfoot experience?" or "Why do some people experience Bigfoot while others do not?"

Really!

Nightwalker

its posts like your and other so called skeptics is the reason that evidence isn't put forward on this forum. When ever evidence is put up, its you armchair guys that no very little about the subject and only know what other skeptics have previosly typed and go get on the band wagon

It does get a little tiresome, i certainly won't bother to post any evidence in this forum

• Upvote 1

Marathon swimming?

Did I hear a rumor about Bigfoots can swim the English Channel ... ?

no -- wait! ... Now I remember ...

It's mere human beings that do that, and on a regular basis.

D'yah think Bigfoot could swim that far too?     ;)

Edited by Oonjerah

Crow

I really don"t care how the Yowie got to Australia, but it is here. AS I said I have seen 5 animals in the past 20 years, we don't have bears so there is no mistaking what I saw

Obviously you don't care and by not caring or questioning the possibility of what you're seeing as having had a viable reason to exist there just may be coloring your sightings so as to make them fit the Yowie question.

^^Good for Raincoast Sasquatch but are there any videos or photos of them doing the swim?   People can say lots of things and in bigfootism the can and do say lots of things.  Marathon swimming bigfoot are great for campfire stories I suppose.

Again, your only counter argument when presented with documentation is "I don't want to believe it". It's getting pretty thin intellectually.

Again, your only counter argument when presented with documentation is "I don't want to believe it". It's getting pretty thin intellectually.

Documentation? Reports and stories are a form of documentation, albeit rather down the pecking order of what constitutes substantial verification. I'd not consider it intellectually thin to ask if film or video exists of the remarkable claim of seagoing bigfoot. What is a report, if not intellectually thin?

We really don't know what land bridges were connected to where. The scientists can speculate, but at the end of the day. What proof supports the theory.

As little as 6000 years ago Australia was connected to New Guinea and New Guinea to Indonesia.

Australia is actually quite close to the islands of Borneo and Sumatra where the Orangutan lives, Flores is nearby too and from a logical standpoint is would seem much more feasible that apes could have migrated the short distances involved as Orangutans presumably have than to make it to North America across the Bering Strait............. I don't think the fact that Australia is currently an island is a huge impediment to the existence of a bipedal primate.

I'm not too keyed in on the specifics of the yowie, but as you have claimed to have seen them do they resemble orangutans in any way?

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-29665829

This:

There were even questions about whether the Hobbit, named Homo floresiensis, still existed somewhere on the island. Perhaps there were other species of humans in other very remote parts of the world yet to be discovered?

The notion that our species, Homo sapiens, was the only species of human on the planet was for the first time in thousands of years in doubt. Perhaps tales of yetis, giants and leprechauns have a basis from our distant evolutionary past.

As it turned out no more fossilised remains of the Hobbit have been unearthed since then, let alone the discovery of creatures from folklore. But those involved in the field are convinced that much more is yet to come, according to Prof Roberts.

And this:

The Hobbit's existence on Flores is still a complete mystery. How did it get there? Flores is east of the so-called Wallace Line which demarcates islands that have rarely - if ever - been connected via land bridges to the Asian mainland. So did this early, very primitive species of human have the wherewithal to build boats and sail across the sea?

-----------

Evidently they did use boats as geologists tell us there was simply no other way to have gotten to the island. And how bout those corny Professors who are now looking behind the bushes for living Hobbits on Flores Island???? If they used boats? Where else could they have gone in Micronesia?

With the discovery of the hobbit, cryptid ape men have taken on a whole new life....and it really doesnt matter if Crowlogic claims it doesnt count because if does count. How can it not count when you have bones of a creature with a brain case the size of a chimpanzee coexisting with humans until verifiably 10,000 years ago???? And it could very well still be out there!? That is HUGE!

• Upvote 1

Guest Crowlogic

Crow

You believe what you want., how they become to be in Australia, America or Russia really is beyond me and doesn't concern me, they are here, probably not in the numbers that are reported in the USA.

Please explain with all your wisdom, why these animals cannot be evident around the world, i am sure that you will have an answer.

These animals are in Australia, whether you wish to believe, I dont give a rats

Quite simple.  Human beings have a long standing romance with the Cryptozoic.  Dragons, Griffins, Trolls, Vampires, Werewolves etc.  We have a well established emotional and mental set of circuits within us to foster myths and Cryptozoic creatures.  Check out dogmen if you want to be crypto up to date.

Crow

You believe what you want., how they become to be in Australia, America or Russia really is beyond me and doesn't concern me, they are here, probably not in the numbers that are reported in the USA.

Please explain with all your wisdom, why these animals cannot be evident around the world, i am sure that you will have an answer.

Quite simple.  Human beings have a long standing romance with the Cryptozoic.  Dragons, Griffins, Trolls, Vampires, Werewolves etc.  We have a well established emotional and mental set of circuits within us to foster myths and Cryptozoic creatures.  Check out dogmen if you want to be crypto up to date.

Except of course we know ape men are real..... so the next question becomes extinct or extant?

BFF Patron

Then there is the Amazon basin.     I am sure there is stuff there totally unknown to science.     The indigenous people describe something that can only be a dinosaur.   Where are they getting that concept when they have little or no contact with knowledge of such things?.   

Crowlogic discounts all evidence that goes against personal beliefs.  

Bigfoot has been observed swimming the Columbia River from Oregon to Washington and presumably back.    The sightings correlate to road crossing sightings on I-84 at about mile post 27,  just West of Multnomah Falls.    That section of road has the most interstate highway BF road crossings in the country.    If you look at a map,  there is an island in the Columbia that juts out on the South side well into the river.    That point is the narrowest part of the river for many many miles because of the various dams above there on the river.    Below there, the river widens and gets increasingly wide all the way to the ocean.      If you as a human decided to swim the river, you would pick that location.  

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

Guest Crowlogic

Crow

Except of course we know ape men are real..... so the next question becomes extinct or extant?

Correct and yet a great many take the bait for dogmen and Thunderbirds.    BTW Flores Island is a tiny place.  Most American counties cover more area.

Documentation? Reports and stories are a form of documentation, albeit rather down the pecking order of what constitutes substantial verification. I'd not consider it intellectually thin to ask if film or video exists of the remarkable claim of seagoing bigfoot. What is a report, if not intellectually thin?

I concede that individual reports are thin evidence taken alone, but they are data points and should be treated as such.  Collectively, the data provided by the reports is either consistent or inconsistent.  One must have a means for analyzing the consistency of the data and to determine if it has been somehow skewed.  Properly analyzed, with consideration for provenance and consistency, potentially useful information can be gleaned.

Guest Crowlogic

Wrong.  My beliefs are based upon the evidence I have processed.  Just like your beliefs are based on the evidence you have processed.  The difference between us is that I reached the point where the static was so much greater than the signal that it lead me to believe that there is no signal only static.  What passed for signal was simply static that possessed a bit of signal like quality to accept as signal.  When that pseudo signal failed to produce true signal the game was up.  

Crow

Well, we have Komodo Dragons.  The Judeo/Christian reference to a dragon is a leviathon.  Maybe something similar to the legendary Loch Ness monster. Griffins in Greek/Persian/Egyptian literature/renderings were likely based on fossil Protoceratops found in Scythia, Mongolia, and Kazakhstan.  Trolls have already been discussed here, and recently a fossil skeleton was found.  Werewolves, or large creatures with dog/wolf shaped heads were reported in Europe, and continue to this day in North America.  You mentioned it yourself - the Dogman.  Similar to Bigfoot, but the head is different.

In the Southwest US and northern Mexico, through the nineteenth and twentieth century, there have been sporadic sightings of what can best be described as Pterodon, or Pterodactyls.  Native American drawings of flying Pteros, very accurate in shape, form, and showing detailed characteristics are not uncommon.  But we're supposed to believe that they just made that shape up from nothing.  Compare these to the New Guinea Ropen.

The idea of a living dinosaur - or variation of the same from the same time period would be the Coelacanth.  Same animal for 400 million years.  Hard to believe, huh?

Even today, is the Congolese Mokele-Mbembe - a shape similar to a brontosaurus.  The Australian aborigines reported when there were still swamps in the northern portion, they had a creature with a small head, very long neck, large body, and very long tail - and this thing called a kulta - disappeared with the swamps.  And yet they aborigines have/had no palaeontological knowledge - yet they describe what solid fossil evidence of such creatures.  

And I wish someone could explain the petroglyph of a very well done stegosaurus at Angkor Wat - complete with diamond shaped vertical plates - suggesting that some 800 years ago, there may have been some survivors.

I used to put Bigfoot in with all these and other legendary critters.  Maybe, likely not.  Dogman, Bigfoot, Pteradon, 40-foot snakes, dragons, dinosaurs.  All the same to me.  Fun to laugh at, fun to ponder what would I do if that happened to me.  But I gave these things no more than a passing thought - when and only when - they were brought up.

But it's hard to say they're all impossible, when you see just one that's impossible.

It only takes seeing one white cat to convince you that not all cats are black.

BFF Patron

Wrong.  My beliefs are based upon the evidence I have processed.  Just like your beliefs are based on the evidence you have processed.  The difference between us is that I reached the point where the static was so much greater than the signal that it lead me to believe that there is no signal only static.  What passed for signal was simply static that possessed a bit of signal like quality to accept as signal.  When that pseudo signal failed to produce true signal the game was up.  

Static?   Signal to noise ratio?   Are you talking about watching TV or existence of BF?    Hint, you are not going to find the truth about BF sitting behind your computer!