Active Skeptics Where Is Your Evidence

yowiie

Well, the key phrase there is "not invested."  One has to invest in the scientific method.  I don't see anyone invested in applying that to this topic who doesn't agree with me.  That's a significant reason why I am where I am on this.  

Another significant reason is my lifelong interest in animals, which I have learned to apply well, not the least assisted in that by more than 35 years outdoors, which I have also learned to apply well.  When I first saw Frame 352, I said:  that looks like an animal.  Everything I have seen and heard with regard to this topic since has only intensified that impression.

Guest Crowlogic

^Thing is Norse the math doesn't add up.  The hokey hoaxes, the physical range it's reported, the 100% flat on the face junk science of the Ketchums the hole riddled Patterson story, the terrible duo of Dyer and Standing, London fakeway, the grand old masters of Wallace and Marx, fabulous Freeman and so on.  I can appreciate honest blokes having extraordinary sightings by however they happen to manifest themselves but the math falls flat when each and every one of those honest blokes manage to fail entirely to produce anything that even remotely approached the hoaxers, that is even if it manages to exist at all.  The story is the same the world over.  So after all is said and done there is no compelling reason stake a belief on the subject matter.  

... they are telling us, virtually in so many words, by the very things they say that they are unfamiliar with the evidence.

Have you got a body?  If you don't have a body then you've got nothing.  

^Thing is Norse the math doesn't add up.  The hokey hoaxes, the physical range it's reported, the 100% flat on the face junk science of the Ketchums the hole riddled Patterson story, the terrible duo of Dyer and Standing, London fakeway, the grand old masters of Wallace and Marx, fabulous Freeman and so on.  I can appreciate honest blokes having extraordinary sightings by however they happen to manifest themselves but the math falls flat when each and every one of those honest blokes manage to fail entirely to produce anything that even remotely approached the hoaxers, that is even if it manages to exist at all.  The story is the same the world over.  So after all is said and done there is no compelling reason stake a belief on the subject matter.  

... they are telling us, virtually in so many words, by the very things they say that they are unfamiliar with the evidence.

But all those reports he's read!

Not exactly true.

I have the pure, ice-cold realization right now that there is at least two massive hominids that exist.

Two black ones, and one cinnamon colored I didn't see but two companions saw on the same mountain.  

No guesswork, no mistaken identity, and 100% certainty.

You may think I have nothing - but I think you're the one that has - nothing.  You weren't there.  You didn't see it.  You didn't experience your world being drastically altered and simultaneously expanded in short moments.

I actually have something.

You're the one that has nothing.

• Upvote 3

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

If I have proof am I obligated to provide it?

And if so, to satisfy who and what protocol?

I certainly would not provide proof to an online forum.

How smart is that?

Got proof? If not, what do you have, besides your steadfast proclamations?

I know where a clan lives.  I know where that clan gets their water.  I know where that clan feeds.

Thus, any time I decide, I have the proof.

But I can't let a top scientific outfit like the Smithsonian get it, as they've already lost over a dozen giant skeletons and skulls.

If that's the kind of "proof" you speak of.  The kind agencies, universities, and scientific organizations seem most unwilling to share.

Guest Crowlogic

How smart is that?

Oh you know just the common decency to share an extraordinary entity with your bigfooting peers at least.  Then there is also the general benefit to the human knowledge bank.  Why not take your lead from St Roger who shared his "proof" with the world and had a ball doing it.

^I have a Griffin in my attic.  But you'll just have to go out and see one for yourself I'm not required to share it since it took a lotta hard work to lure it in.

Edited by Crowlogic

Yanno....its kinda scary. Is there a cure for cancer some scientist is sitting on because he is mad at the establishment or humanity?

I really do not understand.

Guest Crowlogic

Got proof? If not, what do you have, besides your steadfast proclamations?

I know where a clan lives.  I know where that clan gets their water.  I know where that clan feeds.

Thus, any time I decide, I have the proof.

But I can't let a top scientific outfit like the Smithsonian get it, as they've already lost over a dozen giant skeletons and skulls.

If that's the kind of "proof" you speak of.  The kind agencies, universities, and scientific organizations seem most unwilling to share.

Well do you now?  And what is the mechanism that prevents you from contacting, John Green, Jeff Meldrum, Jack Bindernagle, Loren Coleman, Kelly Shaw?  Any one of them would jump at the chance. 

How smart is that?

Oh you know just the common decency to share an extraordinary entity with your bigfooting peers at least.  Then there is also the general benefit to the human knowledge bank.  Why not take your lead from St Roger who shared his "proof" with the world and had a ball doing it.

^I have a Griffin in my attic.  But you'll just have to go out and see one for yourself I'm not required to share it since it took a lotta hard work to lure it in.

You may perceive it to be a Griffon in your attic, but I think it's probably just bats in the belfry.

Or it could be just a pair of doilies.

Edited by JDL