Dr. Bryan Sykes On An "ask Me Anything Event"

Sasfooty

A friend sent me this today.

This was posted on Above Top Secret last night by the owner. It didn't give a date, but appears that it will be sometime this month. Only members can ask him questions, but anybody can read it.

"Dr. Bryan Sykes, Professor of Human Genetics at the University of Oxford and a Fellow of Wolfson College, will be here to talk about his genetic research into Bigfoot/Yeti, and his new book on the subject. Professor Sykes in best known outside the community of geneticists for his bestselling books on the investigation of human history and pre-history through studies of mitochondrial DNA."

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1109578/pg1

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

He did the Yeti bear analysis, and seems a bit sketchy as another of his analysis was questionable (got that from wikipedia).

Although he seems to be able to do some DNA science, so is not all bad, perhaps?

Edited by Cryptic Megafauna

Wow, Sasfooty. That's a scoop, fer shur!

Wonder if someone is starting to chafe against his restraints. Or maybe his handlers just see another opportunity to hammer more nails into the lid on speculation that he knows something he's not telling.

If it's option number one, good for him. And if it's option number two, my heart still goes out to him. To speak the truth in our world takes amazing courage.

I wouldn't trade places with him for all the coffee in Brazil....

Hello All,

As far as I know Dr. Sykes has not returned the partial tooth sent to him by Mile Ruggs of the Bigfoot Discovery Museum in California. It was sent to him for analyzing DNA from the pulp and since Dr. Sykes evidently only does hair the testing wasn't done and the request for the tooth's return to Mr. Ruggs still goes unfulfilled.

SSR Team

It's a shame he's not doing it in London, I would have been the perfect representative for the forum..;)

Admin

I wish our Blogger could get interviews like that!

It will be a thread on ATS. People will post their questions & he will post answers.

There was no definite date, but it said it would be sometime in March.

Thread: sykes-book-defending-the-notion-of-relic-hominids/page-3 - post 59

I wrote:

"Does he have a new book out?

"Bigfoot, Yeti, and the Last Neanderthal: A Geneticist's Search for Modern Apemen  by Dr. Bryan Sykes

"At least some of this 'new' book is word-for-word the same as The Nature of the Beast.

Perhaps it's even the same book with a new title?"

=================================

I even mentioned it to the county librarian ... same book, new title.

She said It happens a lot ... far more than you would expect.

There are some interesting bits in The Nature of the Beast that are worth reading if you can find them.

He convinced me before the book that Yeti is a bear.

The 3 or 4 chapters on Zana are interesting ... especially since Sykes & Disotell both

analyzed Kwit's skull. ... What is cute about that is, Igor Bourtsev gave Disotell Kwit's

skull and Zana's. I guess since Zana's skull came out 100% normal, modern human,

Bourtsev ditched it & only gave Sykes Kwit's skull. 

BTW, Sykes does teeth, etc.

Sykes said the sample that Justin Smeja submitted was a bear.

Reinhold Messner, who has climbed the Himalayas a lot, told Sykes repeatedly,

"Yeti is a bear." The DNA analysis of a yeti scalp hair concurred.

I've never thought there is a connection between yeti & bigfoot anyways. Their tracks are quite different.

SSR Team

I wish our Blogger could get interviews like that!

Id raise my hand to go and get it done if you Guys made contact and got the go ahead, same goes with Jane Goodall too.

Sykes is a reasonable researcher. At least he's open to doing research and isn't Melba Ketchum. I think Todd Disotell is more than patient with the community and I appreciate his sense of humor.

Melba Ketchum weighs in on facebook. She's evidently not acquainted with the "enter" key to create space lines between paragraphs:

Normally I just let all the garbage go, but Sykes is a scientist and has been nasty about our study, yet he's not been at Oxford for many years (quote from Oxford) and without keeping up with the technology, you're a dinosaur within a year or so at the rate technology is developing. He makes up an "institute" at Oxford to publish his paper which you NEVER do (once again quoting Oxford as saying there is no such institute). He disses bioinformatics which is the most cutting edge analysis method for whole genomes known to mankind, preferring the "golden age of genetics". His paper was proven wrong about the bear genetics by other geneticists and they wrote a published response to the Royal Academy.All of this can be found in the UK press and the Royal Academy so I'm not saying anything that's not public knowledge. He's a mtDNA scientist so he's not skilled in all of the disciplines in our paper. I'm not either on all of it, that's why there are numerous authors in our manuscript. Each scientist wrote according to their discipline. Like the bioinformatics was written by the bioinformaticist.The electron microscopy by the head of that department at Texas A&M and so forth. I'm only the lead author and therefore responsible for answering the questions and correspondence for it writing my part and putting it all together. We used 12 labs and they used one US mtDNA lab, not Oxford and only tested a small portion of the mtDNA loop. No other genetic testing was done.. And after all of this, he has the audacity to diss our work. How unprofessional and naive. Bless his heart. I can prove ours in not contaminated by human or other mammals. I did a video on it. He forgets I'm a forensic scientist and all crime scenes are subject to contamination so I know how to make sure it's not there.

She then posted this addendum:

One more thing. SYKES CONTACTED ME before his paper and I offered him full access to samples, research and even offered to take him to the habituation site. I have the emails. Then he contacts me back and says he's not coming. He didn't even have to come here to have access to everything but he blew me off after I offered everything. So, that speaks a lot for his wanting to get to the truth. I don't say anything I can't prove and I have the emails to back this up. If he had worked with me, he would know why the seven Sasquatch samples in his study wouldn't run. It took us months to figure this out. In his paper he says he doesn't understand why they didn't run, but I know...

Edited by Incorrigible1