Active Proponents Do You Really Think Bigfoot Is Practically Everywhere?

Guest Crowlogic

Guest Crowlogic

So bigfoot is everywhere these days north, south, east and west.  Do you really think it can be that widespread and yet that un proven?  As a skeptic you know where I stand so go ahead make your case.  But it'l be refreshing if conspiracies what not can be dispensed with.

Crow

Take the state of Michigan, it is surrounded by water and it is not wide spread yet this creature is elusive here, You figure that with a good population of around 9.927 Million  people in Michigan that there be more sightings ,yet there is not. According to the BFRO website there only 206 sightings. This is not even the break down of where these sightings took place and the dates and if the places are related with them returning back to the same area with in a few years. But the Data is there to be at least looked at and investigated to see if there is a correlation on their movement and times of movement. But I do want to gain the knowledge but I do not have the know how but am willing to learn. 

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

With any animal you have to figure out it's niche.

If it is adapted to remote forested and mountainous canyon lands and is mutually exclusive to Homo Sapiens habitats and niches as evolving to avoid the dominant species that is most competitive with it since the days in Africa then it figures you aren't going to find it in grasslands, prairie, open terrains, desert.

In areas where it could not hide from man it was killed or run off long ago.

And that is if it exists.

Just a big mystery.  No bones.  Thousands and thousands, but not one bone.

I'm talking about chimpanzees.

Found three teeth identified as chimpanzee teeth, but oddly they can't say how they are related to modern chimpanzees.  These were found in arid conditions.  Which may not have been arid for the past 500,000 years.

Does no one else think it odd that no chimpanzee bones have ever been found?  With no fossil record, they must have been lab created.  Or spontaneously spawned.  What's wrong with science that they can't provide fossil proof of a species I am absolutely confident - exists?

Edited by FarArcher

Firstly, in order for such a creature to be proven, there needs to be concerted effort and drive by those in position to grant "proven status" to seek out the creatures. Alas, the "discovery" of this organism will prove more than just a little troublesome for a good number of people, businesses, industries, agencies, governments and religious institutions, so the push for official description and documentation is thwarted by, potentially, a considerable number of various elements. Heck, maybe the aliens really don't want us messing with their terrestrial agents, so they prevent serious inquiry by authoritative figures or groups.

If our society chose to allocate resources, in a motivated, coordinated, multi-faceted study integrating the many disciplines that would, no doubt, be interested and could potentially proffer pathways of investigation previously not considered nor conceived, without the interference or impediments imposed by those seeking to keep these critters a myth, then progess would be seen. Good luck on that one...

Not conspiracy theory, just simple observable fact...

Within the F&B paradigm, their presence in varied and various habitats across the continent is quite accountable through biological and ethological systematics.

I think it's safe to say these guys are generalists in their ongoing foraging and survival strategies, rather than a specialized species with a higher degree of single habitat developed traits and needs, like, say, the spotted owl. They are able to sustain themselves on a multiplicity of foodstuffs, therefore, their presence is not predicated nor dependent on the availability of a single food source. This gives them the potential to inhabit most any ecosystem that provides sufficient nutrients in some form or another, as well as the ability to shift from one habitat to another for whatever reason motivates them, be it a valuable seasonal food source, weather, population density, water availability, deforestation, researchers, incursion by others of their species, noisy neighbors, hoaxers, finding suitable mates, or whatever.

Now, presuming a terrestrial origin (not seeded by the ET's) they've been around for a good while and probably got to this continent long before we did, if not evolving to their current form here, during the reign of the megafauna of the Eocine/Oligocene periods, attaining their stature and abilities in a proving ground of giants, long before(according to mainstream theory) we arrived with our long distance running, coordinated group hunting, fire use and those sporty stone pointy things.

As such they may well have had a vast range of most every viable habitat the continent had to offer, as long as the carnivores of the time could be held off or avoided. Then as the megafauna began to disappear things would have opened up considerably for a generalist species able to travel distances while foraging on what they could find until happening upon a suitable habitat once again.

As the predators that could prey on them diminished and then died out, their potential for secure existence and easier food acquisition expanded, which could well lead to greater development of their social interaction and group activity, behaviors, and actions, which then itself leads to the development of progressively higher and higher cognitive ability and awareness.

The absence of the big predators, as well as the rest of the disappearing megafauna would also open up niches, food sources, and position amid the food chain, allowing them to rise to the state of apex predator, presuming they weren't there already, which is another pathway of inquiry, which would then grant the species essentially carte Blanche in terms of foods, range, habitat, refuge, dominance, security, resource access. With this, what would prevent them from inhabiting virtually every region that can sustain them?

If the populations grew beyond the capacity of the region, some would inevitably be pushed out into secondary habitats, with diminished resource availability, yet still sustaining. Through such processes they might easily come to exist over much of the country.

Then just when things were going well, the ice sheets receeding, predators mostly gone, top of the food chain, and all that, these little hairless things start popping up everywhere saying this is there place to live, their crops, their hunting grounds, and even have the audacity to not share their women! There goes the continent......

In all likelihood, it turned into the typical neighborhood misunderstanding where it starts off with everyone a bit standoffish yet still cordial when the new folks move in, the locals try to outline the proper protocols(bring in the cans on trash day, don't burn down the forest, don't knock on old man Cha'tok' s place 'cause that dude will rip you little fellas in HALF!) The new folks don't listen so you shake a few trees at 'em, then they come back with their burning sticks, so you throw a few boulders their way, then they respond by tossing a bunch of really really pointy sticks at you, and it all goes down hill from there. The Big hairy people that were there first end up having to move out because the new people are just so unreasonable. Over time many of the nice, easy to get to spots get taken over, So they keep moving farther back, ever more remote. And to prevent further invasions, they keep out of sight so the little things don't follow them home.

In this model, we humans, in a sense, kicked them out of Eden, with our arrival across the land bridge. Then with our technologies, use/misuse of fire and socially oriented approach to defense, resource management, and killin' stuff, we proffered little choice but to withdraw further and further into the wilderness, even assuming a nocturnal way of life, all the better to go unseen by those hairless upstarts. But none of this demands that they are not still inhabiting any or every available region that still can support their needs, while remaining undetected.

And if you factor in socially developed awarenesses along with simple biological drives and motivators, you get a species well equipped for ongoing evasion of an essentially unaware "dominant" species such as ourselves..

Well...That's a start on it....the potential is unquestionably there for widespread presence of these creatures in most regions of the country, just think it through a bit...the possibilities are many.

• Upvote 1

Obviously, I am not a proponent. The maps and reports do indicate that the creatures are everywhere ,but the evidence suggests otherwise.

• Upvote 1

Not reliable evidence. If the creatures are real then they must reside in the dark forests and are very rare. Certainly, not everywhere as the alleged sightings would indicate.

• Upvote 1

They go anywhere they want, according to many, and that is what my research suggests.

Edited by JKH

I'm a skeptic but I allow for the possibility. In my opinion, if BF does exist they would have to be extremely rare creatures that strictly inhabit remote locations but whose range occasionally overlap with human territory. They would have a small population bordering on extinction, possibly functionally extinct due to small numbers or are indeed already extinct.

It's just a matter of numbers. If there only ever was a small population that rarely encountered humans and exist mostly in remote areas, it makes the fact that no physical proof has been found to confirm their existence more acceptable and explainable. Doesn't mean it's true they exist, but a more likely explanation.

• Upvote 1

Millions of acres of remote forests, mountains, semi-arid deserts - thousands of valleys you could hide entire military divisions - and yet these things are being squeezed or already squeezed to extinction.  Plentiful water, pristine water, wildlife everywhere, shelter, lots of natural vegetation, but only a handful could possibly populate these millions of rich acreage?

Whatever.

• Upvote 1

Crowlogic,

I think the better question is the one that Kitakaze asked before "Where do you think BF does not exist?" (see link below)

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/52083-where-you-think-bigfoot-does-not-exist/

Asking where BF is not seen provides more insights.

Do people in Mexico or South America see BF?  I think not. They see other monsters.

Do people in the Great Plains of North America see BF?  I think not, although you might find stories.

Do people in US cities see BF?  I thought not. 

I never replied in Kitakaze's post that folks in San Francisco or NYC don't see BF on the streets at night.

However, 2 weeks ago, I met an old gentleman who told me his grandson and friend (young adults in their 20's) saw a BF in the peninsula south of San Francisco!

He even showed me a cast of the foot-print that was made the day after they got spooked away from the abandoned ranch they were exploring. 

The story had growls and rock throwing too.

Granted, location was not SF, but within a 1 hr drive.

Why go to Bluff Creek?

I am not saying that I believe this story. 

But, here are 2 eyewitnesses who claim a BF was hanging around south of San Francisco on the coastal mountains of the peninsula!

If it is a hoax, what drives the culture to spread this meme?

If it is misidentification, why create a foot-print cast?

If it is part of the reality of this phenomena, then it is crazy and hard to believe.