Your Prediction As To When A Bigfoot Will Found Or Caught

Guest Lesmore

SSR Team

My prediction... Tomorrow about 8:00... Yup about 8:00

Glad to see someone else's been tipped off..;)

With the advent of the Falcon Project, I truly do believe that BF's days as an undocumented species are numbered. With this crafts ability to fly and film silently at night, I cannot possibly imagine these creatures will continue to evade man's detection.

If the Falcon Project doesn't do it then I will have to humbly concede to the bona fide non-believers. :P

With the advent of the Falcon Project, I truly do believe that BF's days as an undocumented species are numbered. With this crafts ability to fly and film silently at night, I cannot possibly imagine these creatures will continue to evade man's detection.

If the Falcon Project doesn't do it then I will have to humbly concede to the bona fide non-believers. :P

Got a link? I'd like to know more...

Somehow though, I seriously doubt that ANY project will have either the financial means or the technical capability to continuously survey every square foot of wilderness, which is what would be needed to affirmatively establish the lack of a target species.

Edited by Mulder

The sooner the better! I hope within the next oh maybe 10 years. I hope that if it's not proven in my lifetime I get to see at least one close enough to be sure before I expire.

Somehow though, I seriously doubt that ANY project will have either the financial means or the technical capability to continuously survey every square foot of wilderness, which is what would be needed to affirmatively establish the lack of a target species.

I don't know how to do the link thing so just search "Falcon Project".

I do not know much about this Falcon Project, but if its primary objective is to photograph a bf, that will certainly fall well short of proving this species. The hardest part of discovery will be the capture of DNA or a body. With mainstream science still doing their impression of an ostrich, I see no indication discovery is on the horizon.

Unless someone gets lucky (finding a body or hit by a vehicle), its going to take a different approach to document it. In my opinion, this will require learning everything we can about its habitats, abilities, behavior, etc. When enough is known about bf, we can then predict where, when, and why it will be in a given area and then observe it repeatedly and even capture the coveted DNA. The real problem with this scenario, is determining what data is valid as it stretches from accepted to fantasy. UPs

Here you go buddy....

http://www.bigfootencounters.com/articles/falcon.htm

That should get you started. Unless I've totally lost my marbles, I think norcal has spoken with some of these guys by phone and was very impressed with what he learned.

^Thanks for the link! It's a very ambitious project and I would welcome it. However, I maintain my point that this project cannot definitively DISprove the existence of the target species by mere lack of findings (should that be the result).

Admin

There's no reason to "disprove" the existence of a purported target species :rolleyes:

There's no reason to "disprove" the existence of a purported target species :rolleyes:

There's no reason to be pedantic either. It's obvious I was referring to the assertion made by one poster that (paraphrased) "If this project doesn't find it, it goes a long way towards proving the "why no photos" arguement some "skeptics" trot out.

Admin

Pedantic? No, I thought you might have missed the irony is all.

Even though I am convinced the species exists I'm not convinced there will be proof anytime soon. I have the nagging feeling that though the 'phenomenon/mythos' of sasquatch is still alive and doing well their actual numbers might not be. Maybe they are already on the way out in all but the very remotest an unpopulated areas?

I do not know much about this Falcon Project, but if its primary objective is to photograph a bf, that will certainly fall well short of proving this species. The hardest part of discovery will be the capture of DNA or a body. With mainstream science still doing their impression of an ostrich, I see no indication discovery is on the horizon.

Unless someone gets lucky (finding a body or hit by a vehicle), its going to take a different approach to document it. In my opinion, this will require learning everything we can about its habitats, abilities, behavior, etc. When enough is known about bf, we can then predict where, when, and why it will be in a given area and then observe it repeatedly and even capture the coveted DNA. The real problem with this scenario, is determining what data is valid as it stretches from accepted to fantasy. UPs

Here's how the Falcon Project works:

BF appears to be mostly nocturnal so they fly this unmanned craft at night.

BF appears to be very aware of his surroundings so they fly silently at 1000' above the base ground level.

BF appears to be able to move to and fro through thick forest and rough terrain so they made a craft that can spin on a dime.

BF does not appear to be immune from being photographed so they equipped the craft with the most competent night vision photo/video equipment available, and that will be constantly monitored from a remote location.

Once the project has accumulated enough verifiable footage of these creatures, "science" (i.e. USFWS) will be forced to obtain the proof that is needed to document the species.

I'm no spokesman but that was my impression of their plan. Sounds better to me than tying tampons to trees, pouring deer urine on your head and then beating trees with a baseball bat. :P