Bigfoot Likeness?

WV FOOTER

This needs to be kept in mind.

1) Individuals not just in our species but among the apes have a very large variation in facial appearance.

2) All we have to conduct this exercise, really, is artists' conceptions.  Those will vary by the artist; 15 different artists will come up with 15 different renditions of my verbal description, even when I adjust their originals with comments.

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

I'm working on some BF eyes from the PG film.

Any feedback would be great such as owl eyes, blue eyes, large pupils, no whites, a transparent eyelid, eye socket structure bridge of nose, etc. etc..

post-25212-0-05715100-1461811684_thumb.j

post-25212-0-61585200-1461811853_thumb.p

post-25212-0-38940800-1461811876_thumb.p

M.K. Davis on the subject...

Edited by Cryptic Megafauna

• 2 weeks later...

Always found this witnesses sightin' fascintatin', as he had a good look an was familiar with wildlife.

post-279-0-14639300-1462727402_thumb.jpg

I know, not what I was expectin' considerin' most descriptions, yet his sighting was lengthy an well observed...so I'm inclined to think the subject he saw had a open nostril look similar to a gorillas/chimps.

A fascinating sighting report if you have Raincoast Sasquatch by Robert Alley.

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

I wonder if some branch of Gorillas could have developed upright walking sometime in the last 8 million years and crossed the land bridge to the PNW?

Any feedback would be great such as owl eyes, blue eyes, large pupils, no whites, a transparent eyelid, eye socket structure bridge of nose, etc. etc..

I'm thinking that going by other apes the eyes would be smaller than previously drawn, with large, dark pupils and no clear whites or discernible difference between iris and pupil. I think a lot of the time eyes get exaggerated almost cartoon like to try and reflect human qualities. The eyes would probably appear deep set by the brow ridge and they might appear far apart as the nose usually is described as flatter and wider than a human nose. An animal that big would need a lot of oxygen to fuel its muscles.

Patty I would imagine has very gorilla like skin and similar facial expressions.........but it's all supposition

Cryptic, I'm not sure how much this may help in reference to the eyes. I've mentioned in the past about a sighting that took place in 1980 in Idaho by Donald Hepworth who at the time was a Chief Inspector for the Ontario Humane Society.

He said he saw two young Bigfoot cross the road about 25 ft. in front of his car as it was getting dark so his headlights were on.

Referring to the second BF, he stated: "This creature half turned towards me, and for a moment I could the flash of a white eyeball"...  

Cryptic, I'm not sure how much this may help in reference to the eyes. I've mentioned in the past about a sighting that took place in 1980 in Idaho by Donald Hepworth who at the time was a Chief Inspector for the Ontario Humane Society.

He said he saw two young Bigfoot cross the road about 25 ft. in front of his car as it was getting dark so his headlights were on.

Referring to the second BF, he stated: "This creature half turned towards me, and for a moment I could the flash of a white eyeball"...  

Interesting.  The one I saw run by me within 20 feet or so had really black eyes - but your statement had me thinking - it was at twilight, and if his eyes were really opened wide to enable better low light vision, by dilation alone, that could have given me the impression that the entire eye was black.

And they DO have some big eyes.

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

From what I can make out they have large eyes with a very unusual structure and large pupils with whites.

Just look closely at this enhancement of Patty, you can see it.

post-25212-0-61585200-1461811853_thumb.p

outlined:

post-25212-0-04183700-1463108633_thumb.p

Edited by Cryptic Megafauna

BFF Patron

Interesting.  The one I saw run by me within 20 feet or so had really black eyes - but your statement had me thinking - it was at twilight, and if his eyes were really opened wide to enable better low light vision, by dilation alone, that could have given me the impression that the entire eye was black.

And they DO have some big eyes.

You brought up an interesting point.     Since BF are reported to have large eyes, presumably that allows them to see in the dark better, when we do have a daylight sighting, we can expect that lacking sun glasses, they need to squint and nearly close their eyes to see.      I am that way myself.    I am nearly blind in direct sunlight without sunglasses and outdoors in full sun without sunglasses have a severe squint going on.       So we can expect the eye size seen by an observer to be different depending on light conditions.    One can expect at night or twilight,  that BF eyes would be physically fully open and their pupils as wide as possible.     Just that could certainly give the impression of large dark eyes.    Humans and their ancestors have basically holed up at night around fires in their caves and shelters for millions of years and have little need for good night vision.     Fire has reduced our need to evolve with better night vision and modern day humans probably have the worst night vision we have had in human history.   Just the use of electric interior lighting has speeded that up.   With mans night vision getting worse it seems like if man is BF worst threat for survival, that would force evolution of better night vision by BF.   In other words BF has adapted to make use of our deficiency and when around humans, have gone nocturnal.      All theory but makes sense to me.   

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

Very heavy brow structure and lash structure and deeply recessed sockets provide excellent sunshade.

Even in bright sunlight Patty's pupil seems very open. The pupil seems somewhat more oblong than slit like or round.

Very large lenses and a large eyeball but due to the hidden nature behind lashes and large eyelids and the eye being recessed in the bone they only provide a large pupil and lens for consideration. Perhaps there is a secondary transparent eyelid as well (pure speculation)? 

post-25212-0-50552100-1463167071_thumb.p

Based on some of the comments made by those who have seen a sasquatch, I did a sketch to see if it resembles what they saw.  Let me know if this is getting close.

post-18569-0-48593600-1463518350_thumb.j

Guest lightheart

Coffee, the pointed head is good and the way the hair goes straight across about two inches above the brow. The cheeks were bigger and rounder and the nose completely hooded. This is just for the locals here in my general area.

I was listening to a brief show the other day that suggested that in Florida there may be three types.....skunk apes, football player Sasquatch type, and the leaner basketball player/ bush person type. All are hair covered. There might be some heavier type two here from some tracks I have seen but the ones I have had a visual on have all been type three and resembled hairy people except for the pointed head/hair. The most surprising thing has been in every case just how pointed the head looks. A real woah moment each time.....(: