Bigfoot Likeness?

WV FOOTER

The different types across the US would explain why the descriptions from people who have sightings don't match what people think a Sasquatch should look like.  I think a lot of people think of the Pacific NW type and dismiss sightings in other parts of the country because what they are describing doesn't look like Patty.  I have read books that say just that.  This thread is showing that not all Sasquatch look alike - or act alike.

The perfect cover. Neanderthals that have perfected the art of dressing in sewn bear skins head to toe. Of course the wee ones would outgrow theirs but the skins they discard would then get worn by the young of the next generation. The foul odors sometimes reported are Sasquatch wearing bear skins that have not full dried but still have decomposing flesh in them?

Many call the creatures forest people but if hair samples come back bear well...it's 'cause it is bear. I've mention in the past, outlandishly so I will say, that Sasquatch might be a Human/bear hybrid. Now that's not possible but wearing bear skins would be my next outlandish thought.

Edited by hiflier

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

The problem with your hairy man or Neanderthal hypothesis is that the proportions and limb, cranium - face, torso and foot and hand ratios would be human and so would not match the Pattypithicus.

An Australopithecine, on the other hand...

Always found this witnesses sightin' fascintatin', as he had a good look an was familiar with wildlife.

This is one of the more interesting of many compelling encounters in Alley's Raincoast Sasquatch.  You won't convince me this guy saw something catalogued.  Lying? Can you prove that?  Nope.

So the nose is Ape like and not hooded?

At the 2009 Texas Bigfoot Conference, I told Bindernagel that many US sightings describe a hooded humanlike nose.  He seemed surprised.  The Canadian artist Robert Bateman, in his conception, went gorillanose.  But again:  we are relying on witness descriptions, not photographs.  Witnesses can get sasquatch right, and details wrong (or enough off to change what the artist does).  

http://www.artcountrycanada.com/images/bateman-sasquatch-cropped.jpg

I know, not what I was expectin' considerin' most descriptions, yet his sighting was lengthy an well observed...so I'm inclined to think the subject he saw had a open nostril look similar to a gorillas/chimps.

A fascinating sighting report if you have Raincoast Sasquatch by Robert Alley.

...but this is where I remind folks that "the perception is up to the conception," IOW, we see what the artist can make of the account, not what the witness saw.

I think that the descriptions can just as much describe different individuals within the same species as they can different species.

Edited by DWA

I'm working on some BF eyes from the PG film.

Any feedback would be great such as owl eyes, blue eyes, large pupils, no whites, a transparent eyelid, eye socket structure bridge of nose, etc. etc..

Cryptic, I'm not sure how much this may help in reference to the eyes. I've mentioned in the past about a sighting that took place in 1980 in Idaho by Donald Hepworth who at the time was a Chief Inspector for the Ontario Humane Society.

He said he saw two young Bigfoot cross the road about 25 ft. in front of his car as it was getting dark so his headlights were on.

Referring to the second BF, he stated: "This creature half turned towards me, and for a moment I could the flash of a white eyeball"...  

Interesting.  The one I saw run by me within 20 feet or so had really black eyes - but your statement had me thinking - it was at twilight, and if his eyes were really opened wide to enable better low light vision, by dilation alone, that could have given me the impression that the entire eye was black.

And they DO have some big eyes.

They do, by most accounts that focus on the eyes, indeed have large (probably distinctly night-adapted) eyes.  I think that most reports don't describe whites, but enough do that I concede the possibility that "black" eyes may just be responding to low light.

Edited by DWA

The problem CM really is bigger than that which is why I felt pretty safe helping expand everyone's thinking. The bigger problem being no fire. It was only an exercise in broadening the envelope for entertainment's sake. Ol' Stinky in a fresh bear suit that still had eyes in the skull would reflect red light too since it is a bear head. Reports of canines as well as snouts and you can see why some of this could fit. But like anything ALL the descriptions need to be taken into consideration such as different hair color. Well...I'll be danged....bears have different color fur too.

Really I'm just playing around a bit here but there are some pretty good parallels one could apply- and I have been doing just that for a few months now. It started with the hibernation/no hibernation conundrum and kinda went from there as I allowed myself to sort of free fall through different thoughts about the similarities between Sasquatch and bear. No hybrid thinking but lots of primitive hominid giants in bear suits. Patty is hunched over and when I do that my arms are naturally closer to my knees.

It's actually been interesting to look at things this way. Doesn't say it all of course but interesting nonetheless.

Edited by hiflier

So the nose is Ape like and not hooded?

At the 2009 Texas Bigfoot Conference, I told Bindernagel that many US sightings describe a hooded humanlike nose.  He seemed surprised.  The Canadian artist Robert Bateman, in his conception, went gorillanose.  But again:  we are relying on witness descriptions, not photographs.  Witnesses can get sasquatch right, and details wrong (or enough off to change what the artist does).  

http://www.artcountrycanada.com/images/bateman-sasquatch-cropped.jpg

So Robert Bateman paints Sasquatch.  Now that is interesting.  I wonder what he used for his subjects.  Well, I guess he is a naturalist and painter (as I look at a large print of his hanging on the wall in my den).

Given that few delve into this far enough to get the range of descriptions provided by witnesses, Bateman probably used the noses of extant known apes as his models. To be fair, even though there are quite a few reports in which the nose is clearly described, one would probably have had to read most of the total reports in order to find enough examples to get a feel for it.

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

I base my analysis on Patty as that is the most concrete evidence I have.

She appears to have a mostly hooded nostril. 

There is a question of hooded to what extent.

Another question I have is are there gorilla like wrinkles on the flatish part of the nose?

Edited by Cryptic Megafauna

BFF Patron

Given that few delve into this far enough to get the range of descriptions provided by witnesses, Bateman probably used the noses of extant known apes as his models. To be fair, even though there are quite a few reports in which the nose is clearly described, one would probably have had to read most of the total reports in order to find enough examples to get a feel for it.

The problem being that artists, be they amateur or professional criminal sketch artists, have drawn lots of humans.      It would be really difficult for them to portray something remotely human in form without introducing human features into the drawing.   The person looking over their shoulder,  is subject to memory issues and is influenced by the artist,  so while the effort may have been to honestly portray what was seen,   it is most likely that human features have been introduced into the drawing.   Just how much we really do not know without a good picture of an adult BF face.   

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

Not necessarily so, an artist interprets visual information.

The problem with Patty is all the hair and how different she looks from different angles.

You would be better off just taking a model of an Paranthropus Boisei and modifying the skull structure with muscle and hair overlay

using the Patterson film for additional detail and studying gorilla, chimps, and other great apes for skin tones, eyes, brow ridges, and hairlines. That is a forensic approach. If you have a good visual memory and have seen one up close and personal that would be another plus.

post-25212-0-60201400-1463784685_thumb.j

image copyrighted

BFF Patron

There was a new to me Ancient Aliens show last night featuring the abnormal elongated skulls found in Peru.    One expert claimed the the skulls showed no sign of being produced by wrapping or restricting the skull.    The skull brain volume was 12% greater than modern human.     DNA testing reportedly showed that these had DNA sequences not matching modern humans.    (More "contaminated" DNA?)     Also the skulls did not have normal human skull sutures and had abnormally large eyes sockets.  That got my attention.   Whoever the race was they seemed to last about 600 years then disappear from that area.    A forensic reconstructor scanned the skull with laser equipment then did a reconstruction to show what the skull would look like with flesh, muscle and skin.     They mentioned the jaws and neck being more robust than humans grabbing my attention again.  .     Of course the Ancient Alien slant was that these were either extra-terrestrials or descendents of them because of the funny skull and large eyes.      I was looking at the computer reconstruction and mentally putting hair or fur on the face around those large eyes.      Doing so mentally made it resemble Cryptics drawing above.   Makes me wonder if one of the normal droughts in Peru, which is one of the dryer places in South America, forced the residents to move North and we know them as BF?    

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

Believe me, it is just skull modification.

But the reason for elongating the skull might prove interesting, no?

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

If I look very closely in some of the higher resolution stills I have from a better copy of the Patterson film I can see a distinct eye structure so here is my new attempts.

post-25212-0-10715100-1464270090_thumb.j

post-25212-0-66230900-1464269946.png

copyright except for personal non commercial use.

Edited by Cryptic Megafauna

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

My latest Patty x-ray (to get under all that hair)

Or maybe what an Australopithecus Bigfoot looks like...

for non commercial personal use only

post-25212-0-79297300-1464885926_thumb.j