Hybrid Hypothesis Dead, Done, Stick A Fork In It....

norseman

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-35992612

Several of the Y chromosome genes that differ in Neanderthals function as part of the immune system. Three are "minor histocompatibility antigens," or H-Y genes, which resemble ones that transplant surgeons check to make sure that organ donors and organ recipients have similar immune profiles.

Because these Neanderthal genes are on the Y chromosome, they are specific to males.

In theory, a woman's immune system might attack a male foetus carrying Neanderthal versions of these genes. If women consistently miscarried male babies carrying Neanderthal Y chromosomes, that would explain its absence in modern humans.

So far this is just a hypothesis, but the immune systems of modern women are known to sometimes react to male offspring when there's genetic incompatibility.

Prof Bustamante said: "The functional nature of the mutations we found suggests to us that Neanderthal Y chromosome sequences may have played a role in barriers to gene flow, but we need to do experiments to demonstrate this and are working to plan these now."

-------------------------------

If Homo Sapien Sapien cannot bred successfully and produce viable male offspring with Homo Neanderthal?

What chance is there that Homo Sapien Sapien can bred with some archiac hominid and produce a Sasquatch baby? And this be replicated enough times to produce a viable breeding population of male and female Bigfeet?

Its zero.

That means that if Sasquatch is a hybrid its not because its paternal side mated with modern women 12000 years ago!

Edited by norseman
  • Upvote 1

Guest OntarioSquatch

Another major problem is that the Natives here don't show any genetic or phenotypic signs of hybridization.

And yet, 1% to 4% of humans have Neanderthal DNA in their composition.

Those antigens apparently weren't infallible.  

And that pertains just to Neanderthal.   

Is anyone saying that BF is Neanderthal?

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

However native stories of human and Bigfoot producing offspring would produce a hybrid, if surviving.

Did you miss the part about only male offspring or Y chromosome being aborted in Homo Sapien mothers?

The 1-4% Neanderthal DNA in humans is a result of female viable offspring being produced and absorbed back into humanity

Without a male hybrid option that leaves female hybrids to either mate with Neanderthals or Humans. Either way this cross breeding was never going to give rise to a third hybrid species like its been suggested Sasquatch represents.

And at 800 lbs and 8 feet tall I would argue that Sasquatch represents something much less related to Humans than Neanderthals are. And if they were a hybrid? The paternal mystery hominid? Would even be further removed from humans.....

It didnt happen the way Ketchum says it did, I knew that but now its in black and white because the Neanderthal Y chromosome is extinct.

Edited by norseman
  • Upvote 1

However native stories of human and Bigfoot producing offspring would produce a hybrid, if surviving.

Well if we had a tooth like we did with Khwit (Zana's son) we could test that hypothesis.

But of course Zana ended up not being a Almasty as a result of the tests.

Did you miss the part about only male offspring or Y chromosome being aborted in Homo Sapien mothers?

The 1-4% Neanderthal DNA in humans is a result of female viable offspring being produced and absorbed back into humanity

Without a male hybrid option that leaves female hybrids to either mate with Neanderthals or Humans. Either way this cross breeding was never going to give rise to a third hybrid species like its been suggested Sasquatch represents.

And at 800 lbs and 8 feet tall I would argue that Sasquatch represents something much less related to Humans than Neanderthals are. And if they were a hybrid? The paternal mystery hominid? Would even be further removed from humans.....

It didnt happen the way Ketchum says it did, I knew that but now its in black and white because the Neanderthal Y chromosome is extinct.

"That doesn't prove it's totally extinct, but it likely is."

​

I reckon you missed this?

​

Edited by Yuchi1

"The researchers say it is possible that Neanderthal Y chromosomes were initially circulating in the modern human gene pool, but were then lost by chance over the millennia."

"So far this is just a hypothesis, but the immune system of modern women are known to sometimes react to male offspring when there's genetic incompatibility."

That's not exactly death to a hybrid hypothesis.  Is it?

Thing is, a few hundred years ago per the narratives of North, Central, and South America - there were gobs of giants - possibly giant humans - and we just don't see those any more, either.  The Spanish Conquistadors, including their accompanying priests documented these giants in several engagements and meetings.

One can find lots of Spanish reports as they were introduced to different portions of the New World running into giants after giants.  Not just taller guys - giants.

They were describing themselves as only coming up to the waists of some of those they met.

Now, these giants are apparently gone.  We have the red-headed giants that the Paiute's apparently wiped out the last of only 150 years ago - tracked and burned out in a large cave.

"Others" who WERE here, but are apparently gone now.  Who or exactly what they were - we'd probably have a lot better idea if the Smithsonian, etc., hadn't disposed of or hidden the multiple skeletons and skulls of large humanoids that were sent to them.  And if the Smithsonian went to that extreme, there must have been some really shocking determinations made about some of these giants - human and/or otherwise.

The report is a hypothesis, it's based on good data, but it also allows for other reasons to account for the lack of Y chromosomes in the current DNA tested, and they even state that this may occur often, but not always.

And since this pertains specifically to Neanderthal and humans, one must assume the BF - or at least some of them - are Neanderthals.

I have no problem with that as I have no idea, but it may be that there are other possible candidates - some not yet recognized in the fossil record.  I could put every hominid and pithicine fossil in existence in the back seat of my truck.  

I think these anthropologists extrapolate way too many assumptions on too little physical evidence.  And they seem uncommonly in a hurry to report findings that later they can't seem to follow up on, or they slowly back away from their early findings.  Too many assumptions.

But that's just me.

• Upvote 4

"The researchers say it is possible that Neanderthal Y chromosomes were initially circulating in the modern human gene pool, but were then lost by chance over the millennia."

"So far this is just a hypothesis, but the immune system of modern women are known to sometimes react to male offspring when there's genetic incompatibility."

That's not exactly death to a hybrid hypothesis. Is it?

Thing is, a few hundred years ago per the narratives of North, Central, and South America - there were gobs of giants - possibly giant humans - and we just don't see those any more, either. The Spanish Conquistadors, including their accompanying priests documented these giants in several engagements and meetings.

One can find lots of Spanish reports as they were introduced to different portions of the New World running into giants after giants. Not just taller guys - giants.

They were describing themselves as only coming up to the waists of some of those they met.

Now, these giants are apparently gone. We have the red-headed giants that the Paiute's apparently wiped out the last of only 150 years ago - tracked and burned out in a large cave.

"Others" who WERE here, but are apparently gone now. Who or exactly what they were - we'd probably have a lot better idea if the Smithsonian, etc., hadn't disposed of or hidden the multiple skeletons and skulls of large humanoids that were sent to them. And if the Smithsonian went to that extreme, there must have been some really shocking determinations made about some of these giants - human and/or otherwise.

The report is a hypothesis, it's based on good data, but it also allows for other reasons to account for the lack of Y chromosomes in the current DNA tested, and they even state that this may occur often, but not always.

And since this pertains specifically to Neanderthal and humans, one must assume the BF - or at least some of them - are Neanderthals.

I have no problem with that as I have no idea, but it may be that there are other possible candidates - some not yet recognized in the fossil record. I could put every hominid and pithicine fossil in existence in the back seat of my truck.

I think these anthropologists extrapolate way too many assumptions on too little physical evidence. And they seem uncommonly in a hurry to report findings that later they can't seem to follow up on, or they slowly back away from their early findings. Too many assumptions.

But that's just me.

Well its lucky we are dealing with Geneticists then.

Homo Neanderthals are our closest extinct or extant cousins in the genus Homo. Pick ANY other species* in the genus or outside of it as a paternal line to a Sasquatch/Human hybrid? And they will be less closely related to humans.

So if Neanderthals and Humans were having gene flow issues? That means that the Sasquatch/Human hybrid hypothesis is dead.

*= Some Humans have Denisovian DNA. Denisovian and Neanderthals were closely related.

Mystery Ape man? x Human female

\ /

\ /

\ /

>>>>>>>Sasquatch females only<<<<<<<

/ \

/ \

/ \

Absorbed back into either species

No third hybrid species because male fetuses

rejected by human mother.

Edited by norseman
  • Upvote 1

Another major problem is that the Natives here don't show any genetic or phenotypic signs of hybridization.

Plussed.

(That doesnt mean they are aliens) ;)

IMO, still doesn't explain her (Ketchum) findings on the unknown origin for the nuclear DNA, and did the quoted article authors ever run analysis on suspected BF samples?  Until they do, even speculation (on their part) is irrelevant and proclamations (by them) regarding such are simply SWAG.

Guest Crowlogic

IMO, still doesn't explain her (Ketchum) findings on the unknown origin for the nuclear DNA, and did the quoted article authors ever run analysis on suspected BF samples?  Until they do, even speculation (on their part) is irrelevant and proclamations (by them) regarding such are simply SWAG.

However believing that Ketchum performed good science is about as misguided as believing in bigfoot.

Nothing could be farther from the truth.

Genetists are looking at human women pregnancy specifically carrying hybrid children. And that the results of that is that no male hybrid fetus survives.

Does Ketchum's hypothesis include human women carrying hybrid fetuses?

Why yes...yes it does.

Humans are one half of the equation in a hybrid scenario. We dont have to study sasquatch DNA To understand ourselves.

Edited by norseman
  • Upvote 1