A New Method For Tracking Bigfoot?

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

Anyone in the woods right now? Anyone found a body yet? A skeleton? I'm not so I haven't; but I'm going to be and I will be looking. And enjoying myself in the process. Bears are out, skunk cabbage is too. And the weather has shifted to good but with a high fire danger. Very dry here in Maine and the Northeast I general. Very little snow this past winter. Nothing is leafed out yet so it's a fine time to be out searching.

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

Anyone in the woods right now? Anyone found a body yet? A skeleton? I'm not so I haven't; but I'm going to be and I will be looking. And enjoying myself in the process. Bears are out, skunk cabbage is too. And the weather has shifted to good but with a high fire danger. Very dry here in Maine and the Northeast I general. Very little snow this past winter. Nothing is leafed out yet so it's a fine time to be out searching.

Time to go mine diving?

I see all the animals are out.

Raccoon, fox, bear, deer, moose, all in the last week.

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

If these were seeded from the air and could provide their position by means of a Position Locating and Reporting System (PLRS) function upon query, then they could be programmed to transmit only when detecting infrasound vibrations.  Using a PLRS function rather than GPS, their power requirement would be less and they could provide data for longer before their batteries run down.

The PLRS function would provide position, direction of travel, and speed of whatever is producing the sound and this could be distinguished from seismic activity based on behavior.

Throw on some soar cells to recharge the batteries and program to look for just the right spikes in waveforms and get the sucker to email you via sat uplink or internet or tower if the right infrastructure is available in the area (cell tower, phone lines, satellite antennae).

When we have small robots they could even be mobile. If you put one up on a tethered balloon it may be able to cover a wide area. For in ground mountain terrain with a lot of surface bedrock would be bad but in remote flat valley floors with deep fine grained soils you might have ideal conditions, you could listen for large foot fall of heavy creatures or for infrasonic rumbling.

My guess is Bigfoot would would be use for threats and to let other know where it is (or sing happy rumbly songs about mating and / or food). 

Of course the anecdotal evidence is sparse, still looking for the Gorilla article.

Edited by Cryptic Megafauna

Time to go mine diving?

I see all the animals are out.

Raccoon, fox, bear, deer, moose, all in the last week.

Hmmm...could be!

I think the Center for Embedded Networked Systems(CENS) at UCLA would be your go to. First saw the site and read up on the proposed program and it's uses about 6 years ago. Been around for about 10 years now or more. Just now remembered it. Never let it be said I don't do my homework.

I hope you enjoy the world of surveillance, guys. This one is pretty enlightening. You won't hear this on the news:

http://www.cens.ucla.edu/

"UCLA’s Center for Embedded Networked Sensing (CENS) is a major research enterprise focused on developing wireless sensing systems and applying this revolutionary technology to critical scientific and societal pursuits. In the same way that the development of the Internet transformed our ability to communicate, the ever decreasing size and cost of computing components is setting the stage for detection, processing, and communication technology to be embedded throughout the physical world and, thereby, fostering both a deeper understanding of the natural and built environment and, ultimately, enhancing our ability to design and control these complex systems."

(My underlining)

Edited by hiflier

No doubt as the science would have been exploited.

I'm more interested in tuning to the problem at hand.

Signals and traffic analysis of movement withing a grid network of sensors with digital output to computer over WiFi or satellite networks for real time remote access and perhaps with rebroadcasting over the network or to a sensor.

So the problem is mult dimensional, programming logic, network, receiver, electronics, financing and research and development.

The only reason to do it, besides curiosity, is it presents a potential better solution for real-time location and grid tracking in remote areas without line of sight and at a relatively low cost compared to what you would need to provide by another method such as Arial surveillance or camera networks.

Without giving of IR you would not be alerting Bigfoot to intrusion and without maintaining a physical presence you would not be driving them out of the area and you would not have the task of hiking deep into remote areas and all that that entails.

A nice passive solution, if you place along lines of travel it may even produce better than a grid.

I guess a good test case would be shelling out for the Vietnam era surplus and seeing how that works.

Unfortunately I am not near what I would consider any promising Bigfoot areas, so I can't test on a real target.

See I do not believe that they are every where at the same time where they will catch you placing cameras or traps . If this was so then why is it that some people like my self have caught them on camera, although discounted by others on the forum. I relly think that you can go in get what you need to do and get out  with out alerting them. It does not matter when you go retrieve the data as long you have data, what matters is you learn from it. Improve on the idea and capture more data that will gain more knowledge.

These seismic gizmo's are great but only when you are in the area camping and want an up close in your face encounter. Even for bringing in a species for the lab this idea would work, but you have to camp where they are. There is no safety net there and every one has to be on there toes to be safe. Man I love jose cuervo especial, good stuff. i finally finished off this fith. Safety is the most important concern taking on a project like this. If you could hook a camera with those gizmo's so that it can video what it is reading then you have some thing Cryptic, A router, a attenna for your wireless router, a solor dish to charge the batteries and some one who can climb tree's and link all this. On top of that go into a place where there are known attacks , yea sounds like fun. Hey, they scare the crap out of me but some times it is best to confront those fears. I keep looking at my bottle of Tequila gold made with blue agave, yes a family company for ten generations. then under neath it it says echo in mexico. Odd what a plant can do to you, but it is even odder what a species of this magnitude can do to us. You can be sober , but your mind is not going to lie to you. How can it? really ! How can it lie what you saw upclose? or to anyone else who have seen these creatures, they deserve answers. Don't they?

BFF Patron

I don't even want to deal with an 800 lb  9 foot BF drunk on beer much less one that is hallucinating.     Good heavens look what happens to humans on either one.    

^^ But being around them sober is a rush that no one understands, It really gets your blood flowing. Let's you know how alive you are, which in a way is cool. I would rather have that rush then any other man made rush. How protective are they really ?

BFF Patron

^^ agreed but I was referring to BF not being sober not myself.    I would no more mess with BF while I was impaired than I would drive that way to get there.   Like it or not,  and I will take flack from the Harry and the Henderson crowd for saying this,   BF contact is potentially dangerous and not something I would want to do very impaired.    

Sww

It's some thing you want to do with a sober mind, your mind has to be clear in thought. Drugging one of these creatures would have to be on the spot or should I say that it drops right there. Right where it is eating so that it can be tagged or even bagged. Proper medication of some sort could do it, if done preoperly. It make that thing so stupid , or might even make more dangerous.

If we give this creature meds and has potential of the voodoo kind , what will those meds do to release that vodoo stuff. It be like superman with all those powers un controlled. Yea , a creature that lives wild going nut'z. That be crazy, maybe even enjoyable, but who is going to want to be there for that event. Not Me !

I like the slow approach. Works better and it is so much more evasive and they get a key sense of who you are when you enter their space. Once we get a better sense of them then all else follows. At least that is how the logic should follow,and we are at the stage of a Body. Everything else is mute as far as science see's it. If we have the means to retrieve one safely , why not try it and get a team. Sure loud words Right ! if you have nothing to loose but all to gain then why not just go for it. There out there, we can find them or they can find us it really does not matter.:)