1994 Ore. Report Of Elk Hunter Witnessing A Bigfoot Battle A Bull Elk

OkieFoot

This is a report from Oregonbigfoot.com that I happened to come across about a month ago. I wasn't sure if it's been posted on here before; I went back about four years and didn't see anything (sorry if I missed it). I'm sure some have probably seen this before.

The report is from an elk hunter who it says was an ex-professional hunter/photographer that was hunting with four others, so there were other witnesses also. He/they claimed to have seen a large Bigfoot take on a large bull elk, and apparently won the fight.

Would this be how a Bigfoot vs. bull elk battle would be expected go?

I wasn't sure if the link would come through  as a live link or not, so here's the URL (it should bring up the report when put in an address bar).

oregonbigfoot.com/report_detail.php?id=00379

Just to cover my bases, the report in Oregonbigfoot is in Wasco County, Summer of 1994 or 1995, "Man says they witness a fight between a bigfoot creature and elk."

http://www.oregonbigfoot.com/report_detail.php?id=00379

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

Why would Bigfoot battle an elk anyway?

They are not a predator but an omnivore.

Just look at the history of hominids, they are not out battling ungulates.

As an example you do not see Gorillas attacking and eating large herbivores but going about eating vegetation.

I know that is not the popular conclusion on this forum but it is the sensible one non the less.

OMG! bloodthirsty scary Bigfoot kills for food!!!

As for those that are doing science on the subject I am all for it, let the facts, or lack of them, fall where they may.

Edited by Cryptic Megafauna

^^People who have no reason or business to be in the woods in the first place !

Guest Crowlogic

Who drives game by shooting rifles?  Yahoo's who then come up with bigfoot stories seems a perfect MO.

Would an elk be capable of tossing a large Bigfoot "up and over" it's shoulder after hooking it? 

Edited by OkieFoot

So where are the pictures and hide?

Good question. If they want people to believe what they say they witnessed, they should have sent them in. Surely they could have been posted with the report even if it was later on.

A picture of the elk showing all of it's wounds would have helped too. 

Edited by OkieFoot

Guest Crowlogic

^And what does that tell you about the likely validity of the report?  I don't think an elk could toss a 900 lb alpha bf male over itself and then have the bf able to return the fight and rip the elk to shreds.  It's a yarn but good to scare the scouts on jamboree if one were to tell it.

Admin

Interesting tale, but just that, a tale. At least until the pictures are released.....

SSR Team

Sounds like there's a tonne of exaggerations in it.

That's not to say that the crux of it isn't true however as I believe that people do/would exaggerate, sometimes knowingly and sometimes not, when they see something that is as extreme as seeing a Sasquatch and want to impress others.

A 900lb Sasquatch will never cut it with me personally nor would a Bull Elk tossing one, but a really big Sasquatch having an altercation with an Elk and ending up on the floor at some stage would.

SSR Team

That vid was the first thing I thought of Norse.

I don't know bout anyone else but I really hate databases like that one. John Green has really spoiled me when it comes to being able to search as I please and sort the data accordingly. The SSR database that members here have been working on will be so welcome in that regard. It will have it's own set of limitations however; but it will still be far better and more powerful than any website out there- EVEN the BFRO's itself. Keep up the good work guys!

Edited by hiflier