1994 Ore. Report Of Elk Hunter Witnessing A Bigfoot Battle A Bull Elk

OkieFoot

Cotter in my book there was no 900 lb alpha male bigfoot.  Sooooo we can make the foot 3000 lbs and the elk 2200 lbs and it's still just as real  a story.

Ya but we could make the Bigfoot 200 lbs and the Elk 1200 lbs and you still wouldnt believe it. We could make the BFF have 2 billion proponent members and you still wouldnt believe it.

So whats the point?

SSR Team

There is no point.

Just the participation blows my mind.

There must be more to life surely if that's how your head works.

I just don't understand why anyone would do it, in my book it's just persistent "legalised" trolling.

• Upvote 3

^And what does that tell you about the likely validity of the report?  I don't think an elk could toss a 900 lb alpha bf male over itself and then have the bf able to return the fight and rip the elk to shreds.  It's a yarn but good to scare the scouts on jamboree if one were to tell it.

...but you surely know by now that we hold your credentials as an *anything* expert somewhat in question.  You don't think the evidence points to the animal either.  And it very clearly does.  So, on other stuff...you see our issue, I'm sure.

Guest Crowlogic

^When you or your believing  cohorts deliver the body to science then my credentials or any other skeptics credentials can be questioned.   Soooo how's that all working out for you?

For those questioning the account due to lack of photos, asking where are the pictures at?

That was originally posted in Ray Crow's "Track Record" in 1994.  That particular posting said they would send photos in.  How do you know there were not any photos later sent to the Track Record, you're only reading where a website reposted this one article in publication # 49?  That statement about photos doesn't really throw a big road block in the story.

Edited by jayjeti

Get real, Jay.

If you really believe that Ray had multiple pictures showing a 900lb sasquatch bleeding from a flank wound inflicted by an elk during their knock-down, drag-out fight, as well as a bigfoot bite-mark riddled elk hide, and then did not share them, then I've got some nice swampland in Death Valley for sale.

Edited by Bonehead74
  • Upvote 1

Admin

For those questioning the account due to lack of photos, asking where are the pictures at?

That was originally posted in Ray Crow's "Track Record" in 1994.  That particular posting said they would send photos in.  How do you know there were not any photos later sent to the Track Record, you're only reading where a website reposted this one article in publication # 49?  That statement about photos doesn't really throw a big road block in the story.

I think that I have read all of the issues of the TR online and do not recall Ray mentioning that Mr. Smith, or any of the other witnesses, ever brought the photos in. I think that he would have discussed it the TR if that had occurred. If they had been sent to Ray, I believe he would have published them if given permission. The fact that Ray says that we should view this case with our Skepticals on, is pretty telling in my opinion.

This would be a great incident if it happened, however, I think there is plenty to be suspicious about it.

By the way, NABS has the complete set on CD for less than $20.00.

http://www.nabigfootsearch.com/catalog/item/6180213/7329116.htm

Is some of the stuff really, really out there? Yes, but you will get plenty of hours of enjoyment from reading it.

Can also be found here online:

http://web.archive.org/web/20041011000259/http://www.internationalbigfootsociety.com/html/the_track_record.php

If Ray Crowe had it, it went public.   He showed less respect for witness privacy than any researcher I've seen.   Its a safe and certain bet the pictures never got to him or this conversation wouldn't be occurring.

MIB

I think that I have read all of the issues of the TR online and do not recall Ray mentioning that Mr. Smith, or any of the other witnesses, ever brought the photos in. I think that he would have discussed it the TR if that had occurred. If they had been sent to Ray, I believe he would have published them if given permission. The fact that Ray says that we should view this case with our Skepticals on, is pretty telling in my opinion.

This would be a great incident if it happened, however, I think there is plenty to be suspicious about it.

By the way, NABS has the complete set on CD for less than $20.00.

http://www.nabigfootsearch.com/catalog/item/6180213/7329116.htm

Is some of the stuff really, really out there? Yes, but you will get plenty of hours of enjoyment from reading it.

Can also be found here online:

http://web.archive.org/web/20041011000259/http://www.internationalbigfootsociety.com/html/the_track_record.php

VA Footer, thanks for the reasoned, civil response which is a better way to respond, that you've read all of Ray Crowe's "Track Record" and don't recall seeing photos later published about this incident.  

The online version, at least, is all text.  When that was copied from his publication they didn't include any pictures.  Perhaps the CD is different.  I have the CD i purchased at NASB, but I haven't looked at it in over a year and I'm currently traveling.  I'll have to look when I return from this trip.

Reading the story they were observing the sasquatch/elk battle from a great distance, viewing it through binoculars and rifle scopes.  It said 3-400 yards away.  That's 3 to 4 football fields away.  Unless the camera had a great telephoto lens it might not be such a great photo even if it was ever later sent to Ray Crowe.  

To the others who would have to be experts in everything ever published on this subject, including all photos from Ray Crowe's news letter which was not online at the time of this publication when the internet was in its infancy, I don't think anyone has that kind of all encompassing knowledge to know every photo ever taken in this subject, including one taken from 3-400 yards away and may not be that remarkable.  Furthermore, if they did or didn't send Ray the photo, that is not a good reason to throw the whole episode into doubt.  

Admin

I do believe that the CD has the original issues scanned in, which would include the pics in each issue. However, I have heard some say that the scan is not great and some of the issues are hard to read. I have not seen the CD so I cannot say what the quality of the imagery (text and pics) is. Three out of the four Amazon reviews are positive:

http://www.amazon.com/Track-Record-Bigfoot-Encyclopedia/dp/0615321593?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0

Even though the online version is without pictures, I do not recall any follow-up in subsequent issues regarding this incident. It has been some time since I have gone through them, so I may have just forgotten about any follow-up references if they occurred.

Fair enough VAfooter, Thanks LeafTalker.

The Track Record publications cover a large volume of material.  

I remember reading somewhere of a sasquatch seen fighting a bear and killing it by bashing its head in with a rock.  Even though they eat a lot of vegetable matter I believe they are the apex predator in the wilds of North America.

I remember reading somewhere of a sasquatch seen fighting a bear and killing it by bashing its head in with a rock

That is a scene from a book of fiction.    It might be by Thom Cantrall.   I could try to dig it up if you wish. 

MIB