Utah Sasquatch Research

Explorer

Guest Crowlogic

^Well I promise you even if he gets 20 thermal cameras it will end the same way as it ends for every bigfooter..no bigfoot.  Nice enthusiastic scam that lad is orchestrating.

The guy resides in Ogden, which is about a half hour north of Salt Lake City. He's probably traipsing around Weber County somewhere, which would be the northern end of the Uintah Mts which has some remote areas (I live south of SLC). There is a storied history of bf sightings up in there, including some footprints that were collected and then studied by the Dept of Wildlife Resources for about two years. I posted that youtube documentary on a thread a while back.

Pretty interesting stuff in this video. I am about 25 minutes into it and I will finish it later.

Edited by TD-40

BFF Patron

^Well I promise you even if he gets 20 thermal cameras it will end the same way as it ends for every bigfooter..no bigfoot.  Nice enthusiastic scam that lad is orchestrating.

You are right.   In your mind P/G film,  not a bigfoot,   Brown video,  not a bigfoot,   Idaho falls video,  not a bigfoot.   My footprint pictures, not a bigfoot.   Anyone else's pictures, not a bigfoot.   I doubt that the Utah guy could ever come up with anything convincing on a FLIR.   Not sure I could either for that matter.      I dare say you would not believe in bigfoot until it chases you down and starts to eat you.    You notice that there is a BFRO expedition in Western New York?    Your chance to go and explain to them how they are all crazy and convert them to your cause.     

The guy resides in Ogden, which is about a half hour north of Salt Lake City. He's probably traipsing around Weber County somewhere, which would be the northern end of the Uintah Mts which has some remote areas (I live south of SLC). There is a storied history of bf sightings up in there, including some footprints that were collected and then studied by the Dept of Wildlife Resources for about two years. I posted that youtube documentary on a thread a while back.

Pretty interesting stuff in this video. I am about 25 minutes into it and I will finish it later.

TD-40, 

I thought Nathan Reo lived in Orem, Utah (not Ogden)? :scratchhead:

I based that on his Linked-in bio information (see link below).

His Linked-in bio also states that he works for Wolverine Crossing, which is a student housing complex in Orem.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/nathan-reo-2a855748

Maybe he moved?

His current employment is not clear.  He states in a recent video that he works as a salesperson for a solar energy company.

That does not sound like Wolverine Crossing.  Maybe he changed jobs recently?  Who knows?

It is part of the vetting process.

The one red-flag I saw in his linked-in bio is that he claims to be a commercial videographer and filmmaker.

BTW, good to know you are from Utah.  My first introduction to the BF world was in Utah....

I am not from Utah, but used to go there once per year for camping and backpacking.  Love the state!

Personally I think this guy is either having us all on with a hoax or just plain misguided.

Either way, at this moment in the world of sasquatch research, it's difficult to see how any of this Utah material moves things forward. It's certainly not in the same league as the NAWAC guys in terms of self-skepticism and methods.

There is now a video of what is purported to be a "kid" sasquatch and for the life of me, I don't see anything compelling there at all. 

Next...

• Upvote 2

In the video clip below, Christopher Noel shares that he likes Nathan Reo's video and endorses his field work, for whatever that is worth.

Chris extracted and amplified some of the most interesting sounds and created this other video clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5KjftaIUOo

TD-40, 

I thought Nathan Reo lived in Orem, Utah (not Ogden)? :scratchhead:

I based that on his Linked-in bio information (see link below).

His Linked-in bio also states that he works for Wolverine Crossing, which is a student housing complex in Orem.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/nathan-reo-2a855748

Maybe he moved?

His current employment is not clear.  He states in a recent video that he works as a salesperson for a solar energy company.

That does not sound like Wolverine Crossing.  Maybe he changed jobs recently?  Who knows?

It is part of the vetting process.

The one red-flag I saw in his linked-in bio is that he claims to be a commercial videographer and filmmaker.

BTW, good to know you are from Utah.  My first introduction to the BF world was in Utah....

I am not from Utah, but used to go there once per year for camping and backpacking.  Love the state!

Hmm, I'm pretty sure I saw "Ogden" on the gofundme listing. His LinkedIn says that he attended Weber State Univ which is in Ogden. The big solar company in Utah is called Vivint.

Wolverine Crossing is student housing in Orem for Utah Valley University students. I suppose he could be living in Orem since you found his LinkedIn page.

Edited by TD-40

Guest Crowlogic

You are right.   In your mind P/G film,  not a bigfoot,   Brown video,  not a bigfoot,   Idaho falls video,  not a bigfoot.   My footprint pictures, not a bigfoot.   Anyone else's pictures, not a bigfoot.   I doubt that the Utah guy could ever come up with anything convincing on a FLIR.   Not sure I could either for that matter.      I dare say you would not believe in bigfoot until it chases you down and starts to eat you.    You notice that there is a BFRO expedition in Western New York?    Your chance to go and explain to them how they are all crazy and convert them to your cause.     

Bigfoot is never going to chase anyone anywhere.  I dare you to stand and deliver your "proof". 

Edited by Crowlogic

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

I have not seen the nest structures in my area but have seen structures which served to block a game trail.        Suspect ambush site but nothing definitive with that.     Something or someone put the structures together as it was not a natural formation.    Admittedly a deer hunter could do such a thing also.      I also do not see twist offs which some claim are sure evidence of BF in the area.      I think some of this might be regional and only done by BF in a certain area.       Since they do not mean much to us they might have meaning for the BF that do it. 

As far as Utah,  if they are there they should be easy to find.    The intermountain West the woods are not nearly as dense and perhaps even an air search might find what is out there.     BF there would have to rely on remoteness to avoid being seen.   

You could simply look at spy satellite imagery if you can find any (more companies are selling imagery with higher resolution these days) I think a helicopter which has relatively low rotor noise with a flir system and a pan and zoom telescopic setup recording to a hard drive might be a good way to survey at a relatively low cost. You could hover at dusk over high mountain valleys with remote ponds with no public access and stay for a few hours at a time. If you find something you could rappel or parachute in a team to further survey the area. If you had a dart gun you might even get lucky and be able to get DNA and take measurements.

At one point I had a satellite image in SW WA that seemed to show a BF.    Or it could have just been a stump.    But the images change every few years and when I looked again a few years later could not find it because the image was too recent.     The companies that produce the images want them as up to date as possible to make them more valuable for potential customers.   But the only way to verify what the image was would have been to get into the remote location check out the coordinates.     The problem with that is unless you can do the checking real time you can never determine if it was a BF present when the image was taken that just wandered off or a stump that fell over and now looks nothing like a bigfoot.    That is the problem with an airplane too.    I have many hours doing air search and only had one experience that was a possible bigfoot.    But how do I verify what it was?   Something large, brown, and erect walked around the back side of some trees when I when past a ridge and seemed to hid behind some large trees.   For all I know it was a human poacher hunting for deer out of season and that was why it hid.        Any BF present would be long gone before I could land and get to the location on the ground.     Just determining a location from the air that you can later find on the ground is not as simple as it sounds.     You are moving a over mile a minute and real time GPS coordinates are changing very fast.     A helicopter would at least be able to hover and loiter in an area and possible pick up something hiding behind trees if you caught a glimpse of something moving.    And you could likely land fairly close and get to the area fairly quickly.    A helicopter is relatively affordable if you already own one.     All we have to do is get a helicopter owner interested in BF research.    Grover Krantz actually was working on a homemade helicopter but I don't think he ever got the thing flying.

As far as seeing what is out there.     I have never seen a deer from the air.    But at least half the time I am on foot I see a deer.     Admittedly I have spent a lot more time on foot than looking from the air and on foot you are likely to flush a deer that is hiding or resting.     I don't think a deer pays much attention to airplanes since they seem compelled to run in front of vehicles.       Just that tells me that aerial search is unlikely to have results.    The tree canopies hide most of what is on the ground looking down that you might easily see being there on the ground.    

The reason I said spy satellite is because you are not going to see animals with regular satellite imagery, the resolution is not fine enough.

Am I the only one who finds it passing weird there are those who still think proof of Bigfoot is going to be visited on them on an internet discussion board? Obviously, there are those who still didn't get that memo. I sort of look at the board as a funnel for information on a topic I'm interested in....cuts down on the calories otherwise required to find it, which is nice, but I don't confuse it with a source that has the ability to profoundly realign my views on mankind's position in the natural world.  When you say any such random like this young man's is not convincing you? You only emphasize to me how truly deficient your fact finding skills really are.  If you think proof OR refutation of BF is going to arrive enclosed in the BFF equivalent of a certified letter, I'd just be of the opinion you are misinformed.  And lazy.

• Upvote 3

Weird ... and pathologically entitled.   Folks seem to think they're owed entertainment.   Wrong.   If a person wants to see evidence, they either have to go to the field and find it themselves or wait 'til whoever does find it is good and well ready to share.   This thing you see going on here ... it's victim mentality.  

MIB

• Upvote 3

BFF Patron

Bigfoot is never going to chase anyone anywhere.  I dare you to stand and deliver your "proof". 

Daring me to do anything is pretty humorous, when I have been within yards of a bigfoot solo.    Nothing I do other than delivering a bigfoot body to your doorstep will be your proof.    Quite frankly I could really care if you ever know the truth when if you harbor the slightest possibility they might exist, you could get your tail out in the woods of New York and find out for yourself.   That BFRO expedition might be a way to do that.    If nothing else you can have fun with the fools that actually believe in bigfoot and enjoy some nature at the same time.    I assume you believe that nature exists.     I dare you to do at least that.     You are not going to find out anything sitting in front of your computer.   

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT
  • Upvote 3

In the video clip below, Christopher Noel shares that he likes Nathan Reo's video and endorses his field work, for whatever that is worth.

Chris extracted and amplified some of the most interesting sounds and created this other video clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5KjftaIUOo

Good one, amazing audio in there. I posted one of his videos in another thread awhile ago. I really like him, too. Seems like an insightful and positive guy, although clearly perhaps a bit too trusting of the human side of the equation.