Utah Sasquatch Research

Explorer

Wow! That IS interesting news. 

Here's some more interesting news: filmmakers are humans. They have eyes, ears, brains, hearts, arms, and legs, just like you. They use their legs to go into the woods and have experiences, just like you. (Well, like some of you.) They use their ears to hear sounds in the woods, just like you. They use their eyes to see what's in the woods, just like you. 

The only thing they have in addition to what most of you have is the ability to document their experiences in a way that others can understand them. Many of us do not express ourselves very well. That is why it is a cause for celebration when someone comes along who, in addition to having all those other qualities we have, can articulate and share their very human experiences.

Errol Morris is a filmmaker. Frederick Wiseman is a filmmaker. Morgan Spurlock is a filmmaker. Albert and David Maysles are (were) filmmakers. They all have arms, legs, eyes, ears, brains, and hearts, just like you, but they have one little additional thing: the ability to communicate their experiences. And through them and their experiences, we've learned about police work, the medical system, health, history -- all kinds of interesting things. 

Oh! And guess what! YOU are the final "decider" about the content of any film you watch! If you don't like the film (or filmmaker), you don't have to watch the film! Or accept what it says! Isn't that a shocker? These filmmaking human beings, with all these human qualities, and some extra skills and interests you may not have, don't have the final word! Only you do. 

I hope this helps people who are afraid of filmmakers. Always remember, filmmakers are human, just like you. And always remember, if you don't like a film or its maker, you can just not watch the film. You are safe. 

Oh, and in case Utah Sasquatch is a car salesman (so many interesting theories offered as fact on this thread! and offered as if those "facts" matter!) you're still safe! If you don't like him, you have the great freedom, the great privilege, of being able to not buy a car from him. 

What being a car salesman has to do with hearing and eyesight, and therefore the ability to see or hear a Sasquatch person -- well, only the great minds on this thread can say..... 

Negative attention may be a way to promote yourself.

Make a hullabaloo and a "big story" about being persecuted and all of a sudden all eyes are on you.

This thread is a perfect example.

Perhaps I'm being cynical but I posses a sophisticated B.S. detector and have seen hucksters in action.

This guy is a car salesman, which means he is socially adept at getting people to buy into his rhetoric, need I say more.

An old guy is hard to con and I've known my share of cons.

You can con me once but you won't get a second chance.

I'm not accusing the guy of anything but from what little I saw on his channel I was not left wanting more.

He's good with face dancing and the soft and convincing tones, the plausible explanations, the quick patter with clever turns of focus and that is what worries me, too glib for his own good.

I'm just a mean ugly smart old guy so all the magic does not work so well on me, I don't charmed so easy anymore, and when someone is being charming they usually want something. 

I've already been hustled by my share of car salesmen.

As they say in the car business, no sale.

You're completely right but Utah has conned convinced people to gofundhim to the tune of over $5k. I was just on Utah's gothrowyourmoneyaway page and; the video for that page has gone private and he's shut down donations far short of his stated goal of $17.7k.

I read through some of the comments made by the people who had donated $10, it was sad. Clearly these are people who do not have money to burn but were so taken by Utah's story that they gave while apologizing for not giving this able bodied man more free money. Some gave again and again apologized for not having more to give this guy. 

Families of sasquatches in the hills outside of Ogden.......sees them all the time.

There is a thriving outdoors ethic in Ogden, people are in the outdoors there, a lot. But as far as I can tell there's not been anyone else claiming to see sasquatches with the regularity that Utah claims but still the credulous masses sooooo want to believe.

I repeatedly hear and see written that there is "no money in bigfooting"; and yet, there are multiple conferences each year, there are television shows, books, movies, youtube channels, and "research" groups making money. It seems to me, that far too often the money is coming from people whose hearts are much larger than their wallets and that makes me both sad and angry.

On a happier note, IMO, the best (most colorful) part of Ogden is the Ko Ko Mo Club on 25th street. For those unfortunates who've not had the pleasure. It is THE dive bar in that town. All cash bar with some REAL power drinking patrons. Guaranteed to be a good time (unless someone mugs/stabs you).

Edited by Bodhi

I cannot believe this is still getting BFF time, or any other kind of time.  So obviously idiotic.  Proponents need to do a better job of slamming this kind of crap shut the moment it crawls out from under its rock.

Make a hullabaloo and a "big story" about being persecuted and all of a sudden all eyes are on you.

Perhaps I'm being cynical but I posses a sophisticated B.S. detector and have seen hucksters in action.

This guy is a car salesman, which means he is socially adept at getting people to buy into his rhetoric, need I say more.

I'm not accusing the guy of anything but from what little I saw on his channel I was not left wanting more.

He's good with face dancing and the soft and convincing tones, the plausible explanations, the quick patter with clever turns of focus and that is what worries me, too glib for his own good.

I'm just a mean ugly smart old guy so all the magic does not work so well on me, I don't charmed so easy anymore, and when someone is being charming they usually want something. 

You're completely right but Utah has conned convinced people to gofundhim to the tune of over $5k. I was just on Utah's gothrowyourmoneyaway page and; the video for that page has gone private and he's shut down donations far short of his stated goal of $17.7k.

I read through some of the comments made by the people who had donated $10, it was sad. Clearly these are people who do not have money to burn but were so taken by Utah's story that they gave while apologizing for not giving this able bodied man more free money. Some gave again and again apologized for not having more to give this guy. 

Families of sasquatches in the hills outside of Ogden.......sees them all the time.

There is a thriving outdoors ethic in Ogden, people are in the outdoors there, a lot. But as far as I can tell there's not been anyone else claiming to see sasquatches with the regularity that Utah claims but still the credulous masses sooooo want to believe.

I repeatedly hear and see written that there is "no money in bigfooting"; and yet, there are multiple conferences each year, there are television shows, books, movies, youtube channels, and "research" groups making money. It seems to me, that far too often the money is coming from people whose hearts are much larger than their wallets and that makes me both sad and angry.

On a happier note, IMO, the best (most colorful) part of Ogden is the Ko Ko Mo Club on 25th street. For those unfortunates who've not had the pleasure. It is THE dive bar in that town. All cash bar with some REAL power drinking patrons. Guaranteed to be a good time (unless someone mugs/stabs you).

Why on Earth would that make you feel angry or sad???? Caveat Emptor, people.....take some personal responsibility for your actions!

If Chewbacca mom can make hundreds of thousands of dollars from youtube, 5000 bucks for some guy running around in the woods looking for Bigfoot is chump change.

People throw money to stupid things daily.

I cannot believe this is still getting BFF time, or any other kind of time.  So obviously idiotic.  Proponents need to do a better job of slamming this kind of crap shut the moment it crawls out from under its rock.

^^^ So completely right on the money. I'm out of positives for the day but well done!!

Why on Earth would that make you feel angry or sad???? Caveat Emptor, people.....take some personal responsibility for your actions!

If Chewbacca mom can make hundreds of thousands of dollars from youtube, 5000 bucks for some guy running around in the woods looking for Bigfoot is chump change.

People throw money to stupid things daily.

It's a failing of mine, truly. I have no personal knowledge of the people being duped and it's probably a condescension on my part when I really think about it but I do feel badly for them. I spent a few years shutting up and coloring in the sandbox, I think I'm still mentally processing that "stuff" but I know it affected me in ways I don't realize.

Anyway, you are correct sir. People will and do throw away money that they can ill afford on all manner of things and it's sort of "superior" of me to think that I "know better".

Its nothing personal against you Bodhi at all. And I have no problems with you bashing the guy for hoaxing or whatever.

It just chaps my hide that people are going to whine about being broke when they made a 10 dollar donation to a guy ( they dont know) out looking for Bigfoot......really?

If you have ten bucks to blow on this subject? Spend it on putting gas in your tank and go look for yourself!! And while your at it pack a picnic basket and a fishing pole and have some fun with your life!

And for gosh sakes there are snake oil salesmen in every corner of life! Do your homework.....be dilligent, and if you get taken? Take responsibility for it and make sure it never happens again! We are becoming ever increasingly reliant on big brother spoon feeding us. We need the ability to dicern for ourselves, and abilities are developed from trial and error.

End of rant, sorry.

Perhaps that $10 donation results in far more, in that for at least a few, I'd bet, it represents hope for them, that there exists a group of beings outside the constraints imposed upon us by society, wild and free from the madnesses we partake in, a primal essence a part of all of us yerns to return to, or even a telepathic super-forest-ninja with friends who drive spacecraft.

Kinda in a Walter Mitty sorta way....

It may not even matter whether or not actual results result from a donation-taking researchers activities. Sure, if he produces the conclusive evidence, they can all say"yeah...I helped fund his project" but that's just icing on the BF cake.

And, no, I didn't donate any $$ to the fella...

Of course, many contributors may have in fact been parents trying to teach their kids about the various forms of investment risk&return...

Perhaps that $10 donation results in far more, in that for at least a few, I'd bet, it represents hope for them, that there exists a group of beings outside the constraints imposed upon us by society, wild and free from the madnesses we partake in, a primal essence a part of all of us yerns to return to, or even a telepathic super-forest-ninja with friends who drive spacecraft.

Kinda in a Walter Mitty sorta way....

It may not even matter whether or not actual results result from a donation-taking researchers activities. Sure, if he produces the conclusive evidence, they can all say"yeah...I helped fund his project" but that's just icing on the BF cake.

And, no, I didn't donate any $$ to the fella...

If someone truly feels a kinship with wild and free primates? Then give to the mountain Gorilla or Orangutan conservation programs. But if your living in your parents basement living off of food stamps? Maybe you should be saving your money? Or just move to Alaska and build a cabin. Now your wild and free.

• Upvote 1

If you have ten bucks to blow on this subject? Spend it on putting gas in your tank and go look for yourself!! And while your at it pack a picnic basket and a fishing pole and have some fun with your life!

You surprised me today, I would have put odds you would have said "Spend it on a few rounds of 45-70 and solve the mystery for yourself!"

Did you at least think about saying that :)

• Upvote 1

Norse~ I concur with those sentiments you expressed. And I wasn't so much describing a sense of kinship that some donors might feel, though, I'm sure there's some of those as well, but deeper hope or need that some humanesque being(s) exist untainted by the demands of our modern society and the constraints it imposes.

But yeah, if they're eating ramen

down in gramma's basement, perhaps their meager holdings could well be better spent elsewhere.

You surprised me today, I would have put odds you would have said "Spend it on a few rounds of 45-70 and solve the mystery for yourself!"

Did you at least think about saying that :)

I try not to bore everyone to death.

But if several thousand of us followed pro kill protocol.....If there is anything to be discovered out there it would happen fairly quickly. Just going about our outdoor activities.

I honestly believe that most of the community is more interested in perpetrating the myth than grabbing anything tangible by the short hair. Some for money and glory, others for empathy and some for the romance I suppose. Whatever the reason people find shooting one repugnant? They stand in the way of scientific understanding of a major discovery. But I think thats the last reason....its a dig on science. The people who make fun of the subject.