Utah Sasquatch Research

Explorer

Norse~ I concur with those sentiments you expressed. And I wasn't so much describing a sense of kinship that some donors might feel, though, I'm sure there's some of those as well, but deeper hope or need that some humanesque being(s) exist untainted by the demands of our modern society and the constraints it imposes.

But yeah, if they're eating ramen

Thats romantic and all.....but mother nature is a worse task master than modern society. If you fail in modern society you live in your parents basement eating ramen. If you fail in nature? Your dead. One wrong move, one calorie less than needed, one slip and its all over. And that goes for man, elk, bear or sasquatch.

• Upvote 1

All very true indeed, though failure in society may well have far worse results than either you or I mentioned, but the truth of nature's nature doesn't always penetrate the ideals held in the minds of humans.

Besides, if yer a super forest ninja then you can outpace the travails of nature, and out manuever the society-ridden humans and their film crews.

Yes, that of which I spoke was indeed an idealized romanticism, city born nostalgia for a time not well remembered, but "i bet it's like this and this" in a wistful way. What better to contribute to? After all, denial and delusion feeds America, and it don't grow on trees!

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

Norse~ I concur with those sentiments you expressed. And I wasn't so much describing a sense of kinship that some donors might feel, though, I'm sure there's some of those as well, but deeper hope or need that some humanesque being(s) exist untainted by the demands of our modern society and the constraints it imposes.

Thats romantic and all.....but mother nature is a worse task master than modern society. If you fail in modern society you live in your parents basement eating ramen. If you fail in nature? Your dead. One wrong move, one calorie less than needed, one slip and its all over. And that goes for man, elk, bear or sasquatch.

Whats the matter with ramen?

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

If you had the choice between seeing one and getting some information or pursuing a pro kill but coming up empty, which would you pick? 

Whats the matter with ramen?

Nothing......for the first week.

If you had the choice between seeing one and getting some information or pursuing a pro kill but coming up empty, which would you pick?

If Im seeing one? Im pursuing pro kill. My rifle goes into the wild with me every time. Or Im packing my 44 mag CCW when I head to town or do ranch work.

DNA is obviously second place to a specimen. If I couldnt procure the specimen then I would want DNA in some form.

for an example think of that kid who died because of his hubris up in Alaska, Christopher McCandles. He had been underestimating nature and overestimating his own abilities for years and.......it killed him. 

Exactly.

I'm going Chinook fishing over in Brewster this July. I have my own boat, and fishing gear....so why would I hire a guide?

Because Ive never fished there before. There are always subtle differences because of a multitide of topography and aquatic factors that change fish behavior and preferences.

If your a nomad and constantly on the move then your probably not picking up those subtle changes from place to place.

The first summer he was there he should have gone out with locals and learned the environment

BFF Patron

Perhaps that $10 donation results in far more, in that for at least a few, I'd bet, it represents hope for them, that there exists a group of beings outside the constraints imposed upon us by society, wild and free from the madnesses we partake in, a primal essence a part of all of us yerns to return to, or even a telepathic super-forest-ninja with friends who drive spacecraft.

Kinda in a Walter Mitty sorta way....

It may not even matter whether or not actual results result from a donation-taking researchers activities. Sure, if he produces the conclusive evidence, they can all say"yeah...I helped fund his project" but that's just icing on the BF cake.

and, no, I didn't donate any $$ to the fella...by 

All I have to say is that the guy better be legit for his own sake.    The Gofundme phenomena has become a scammers dream.     Post a sympathetic story, and wait for suckers to send you money.      But more and more you hear about District Attorneys looking for cases to make them popular by  going after people doing the scams.    All it takes is one contributor to complain.       The scammers end up with some serious jail time in most cases.    I think the Falcon Project was headed down the same road and that lead to it's demise.   Money used for purposes other than what it was contributed for will get you in trouble every time.    Our politicians have a lot of trouble with this related to campaign contributions.        

Seems like the Utah guy has sort of "come clean". He now says he wants to produce documentaries and netflix content. Funny, on his channel a few videos back from his most recent ones he was stating that his ability with videogrpahy/audio was rudimentary but now... full on documentaries. I suppose you can beg for a lot more money if you claim it's for a movie and television content but now at least he isn't begging for money for a $12k flir.....

• Upvote 1

So Bodhi...you got all the answers, answer this one:

Assume for the purpose of this question, what the Utah Sasquatch guy is witnessing is real.  Where does somebody go with that, if so? What is the next step, hmmm?

The guy is reporting consistent contact with a family group (or he was now that the heat is one he's saying that he is "a-feared" that other researchers will come in and mess things up). But, let's play your game. Consistent contact with a family group opens up many options for collecting dna. Think of the set up Les Stroud used during his finding bigfoot series. He used had a dna punch, glue traps, cameras which had their battery packs far removed and buried so as to not alert.

Consistent contact allows the use of any or all of those methods to obtain both dna and possibly a supporting photos.

By the way, my contempt for you is nearly boundless as I know your true motivations here. I'll answer your questions as long as you understand I take you not at all seriously.

Reo’s new list of research projects is not evidence of fraudulent intentions but evidence of someone with ADD that is not focused and wants to do too much too fast.
He does show irrational exuberance and naiveté with his attempt to pursue all these projects at once and bringing all sorts of strangers into his research area.
My advice would be for him to stick to what he was doing before (solo exploration and documentation of his local area).
It was those amateur field videos that appealed and attracted viewers and followers.

Moreover, Reo got his new FLIR unit from his GoFundMe campaign, so I suggest he use it and see what he finds. If he does not use the new gear he got (and asked for), then that would suggest that his mind is kind of scattered and not focused/disciplined on his research approach, methods, and tools.

Time will tell if he can deliver anything of merit or if he is just another BF huckster but with above average YouTube/Facebook social media skills.

Reo’s new list of research projects is not evidence of fraudulent intentions but evidence of someone with ADD that is not focused and wants to do too much too fast.

True it's not evidence of fraudulent intentions. But he has admitted to tampering with the audio in one of his videos (After it was pointed out by someone). And wouldn't you know, that's when the claims of harassment started and the videos went dark.