John Green Passes

Guest Stan Norton

I am sorry to hear that he has passes, I am very sorry for his loss and for his family who will truly miss him. His book "ape among us " was his first book I had ever brought on bigfoot and it was after my sighting. I really wanted to learn what I could and this was the first book that sounded like what we were interacting with. So he is now up with all the great researchers  with the one who knows all. May your light shine while we search for this elusive creature Mr. Green.

• Upvote 1

I never met him, but feel I will always be in his debt.  "Apes Among Us" came out less than 2 years before my sighting, and is the first BF source that I found following that encounter.  How lucky is that!  It let me know I had plenty of company.

Rest well, you sure made a difference.

Admin

Rest in Peace Mr. Green. The Bigfoot World owes you a huge debt of gratitude for your many contributions to this field. 

• Upvote 1

So sorry to hear this.

Thomas you have my condolences.

Edited by norseman
  • Upvote 1

He was my mentor. He was one of my best friends. I will miss him.

Thomas Steenburg

I immediately thought of you Thomas when I heard the news.  I'm sorry for your loss!

Terry

For years I hoped that he'd see himself vindicated.  But as time has gone on I realize more and more that he, and I, and all the others who have examined the evidence, and see very clearly the conclusion to which it points, don't need vindication.  We have knowledge.  To know more about this amazing world is better than any vindication.  He knew.

Good Bye, Mr. Green. Thank you for your generosity to the community, for all your research, your report database, for signing my book, and for being such a gentleman. I am sorry for everyone's loss of this man. All of the family and friends he's has made along the way and the legacy he has left us, not just in the subject of Bigfoot, but also in the life lesson of maintaining sensible objectivity. 

There's work yet for me to do. I will now do the work in your memory. 

• Upvote 1

My heartfelt sympathies to his family and friends. Is life long dedication to this subject is to be admired. He had a long successful life doing what he enjoyed. I always enjoyed his honest interviews and his book.

SSR Team

Very sad news, a true pioneer of Sasquatch research.

His vision of, decades ago, of collating, organising and analysing Sasquatch sighting reports is obviously very close to my heart and head where this subject is concerned.

He was argubly a man well ahead of his time.

I hope that one day with what we are doing where report analysis is concerned, we can take his initial ideas and plans to a whole new level and really make good progress with the subject and I'd like to think John would be looking down on us doing so with a smile on his face, wherever he is, when doing so.

Count yourself lucky Tom that he was part of your life for so long and be happy with that as opposed to being sad that he has passed.

RIP John.

Edited by BobbyO
  • Upvote 1

Thank you John, for near a lifetime of work. For sharing and for your time. Was saddened to hear the news...for about two seconds...then I smiled. I am glad you are back where you belong my friend...with June. (Pic is of a pic...from Dec 3rd,'05, after lunch with the Greens and company in Harrison Hot Springs, was a good day !)

Thank you John !

Pat...  

post-279-0-40509600-1465345610_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

RIP and thank you, John. We will miss you. I was fortunate to meet him in 2011 at the original Sasquatch Summit which was a tribute to him, and he and his family were so nice and accommodating. I remember he told me he did not know why everyone was making such a big fuss over him that weekend, and I patted his shoulder and said something to the effect of "Because you deserve it for your years of dedication to this subject." He smiled at that. I am glad he is now with his beloved June. Thomas my friend, my condolences to all the Canadian investigators, especially the ones directly influenced by John.

• masterbarber unpinned this topic