John Green Passes

Guest Stan Norton

Ohhhh man...sad news, indeed...

I too was first introduced to BF through his writing, in my case it was

On the Track of Sasquatch, which my parents bought for me as a wee lad at the Seattle Science Center, adding a whole other dimension to the trip through B.C. and Alberta, eyes on the tree line, asking my mother "how tall is 9'?

His work impacted all of us here, no doubt and for that and more I raise a large hairy glass in his honor, and to his essence.

Here's to you, John green, thanks again for that which you brought to us!

• Upvote 1

I did not know about the other facets of his life. Read his obituary. The man had an amazing life, and was active in his community right up until the end.

He was the last person alive to investigate the tracks at Bluff Creek in the 1950's. Rest In Piece, Mr Green..

Guest RayG

Sad to hear that another icon of bigfootdom has passed away. In the early 80's I had the good fortune to spend an evening with John in his home, where he graciously showed me his collection of bigfoot casts, maps, and index cards. We sat and talked at length, and he seemed almost embarrassed when I asked him if he'd autograph my copy of The Apes Among Us, but he did so to my delight. I bought his other three bigfoot publications on the spot, and a few years later he gave me permission to create a bigfoot website based on TAAU. In a way that website http://wayback.archive.org/web/20001020105600/http://www.cgocable.net/~rgavel/links/bigfoot.html  was a tribute to him, and I'm sorry to hear of his passing.

RayG

Edited by RayG

About 4 years ago Thomas arranged for a few of us to have lunch with John

It was a special afternoon, actual talk of sasquatch and sasquatch research was far less then half of what we all talked about.

He was a interesting man

At one point I brought out my copy of On the track of sasquatch

I showed him the inscription inside where my grandmother signed it in 1975 with a note.

I told him that 1 was 10 at the time, and this book is what cemented my interest in sasquatch

And that he was the reason that I became fascinated with the subject

I fondly remember the smile on his face when he signed the book

I was saddened when he apologized that it wasn't his real signature, because he was too old to sign it properly

Of course we said, that was not true, he was still the man that he always was

For the first and only time in my life I "fanboyed" my wife still laughs about it

Later I was fortunate enough to have lunch with John and Bob Gimlin

That was another great day

I will always cherish those memories and be grateful to Thomas for making them possible

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

How on earth did I not hear about this till now, I am happy to have known of the man if not known the man, certainly the father of all modern researchers. His pros were stellar, his ability to analyze and determine probability, his mathematical precision in deduction. I will miss hearing him speak of the sasquatch, his matter of fact approach. I dare say he never saw a sasquatch, but one does not have to see necessarily to know with certainty. He spoke with that level of certainty. You will be missed by all John Green, rest in peace.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot
  • Upvote 1

Sad news to hear; like others, I stand in amazement at his foresight in cataloging information about encounters from a variety of sources.  RIP.   

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

The Bigfoot Times, July 2016. All about the late John Green. Don't miss this issue. For more go to www.bigfoottimes.net

Screen Shot 2016-07-10 at 5.54.20 PM.png

• Upvote 3

• masterbarber unpinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...