Thinker Thunker William Reeve Interview

BigTreeWalker

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

^Great evidence, outstanding video and photo will not Be mocked.  However the usual tripe that makes the rounds will get what it deserves.

So it's not a guy on a mountain bike?

Could be herding the caribou to make a better shot, because if they run away all you get is butt. If you steer them right they will run a long a river and you get the money shot.

The camera crew might not admit they manipulate the herd to get the shots they are looking for (cause then they couldn't say it was natural behavior of a wild herd).

Same reason the have aborigines change out of clothes and run about in loincloths for aboriginal documentaries.

Takes you back to a time when people didn't have cameras and clothes but is not totally honest.

Ever hear of a tussock mound?

Relevant to mountain bikers everywhere, offtrail is where it's at.

That's quite correct. It is NOT a guy on a mountain bike driving the herd. Mr. Reeves said very clearly that two helicopters were employed to help guide the herd in the right direction for the camera.

You're not doing your homework, and you're making assumptions that are not only ridiculous in face of the facts, but malicious, calling (wrongly) someone you don't even know a liar.

Nice job.

LOL, yeah, he says they manipulate the herd, not sure why he would deny they placed a person there if they had indeed done so. He says he would never put someone in that sort of danger, which makes sense. It would be a very dangerous thing to do, the person could easily get trampled by the spooked herd.

Guest Crowlogic

That's quite correct. It is NOT a guy on a mountain bike driving the herd. Mr. Reeves said very clearly that two helicopters were employed to help guide the herd in the right direction for the camera.

You're not doing your homework, and you're making assumptions that are not only ridiculous in face of the facts, but malicious, calling (wrongly) someone you don't even know a liar.

Nice job.

LOL, yeah, he says they manipulate the herd, not sure why he would deny they placed a person there if they had indeed done so. He says he would never put someone in that sort of danger, which makes sense. It would be a very dangerous thing to do, the person could easily get trampled by the spooked herd.

Yikes!  I just wasted another 5 seconds of my life and watched the thing again.  Say what you will but that black  thing is  a human on a motorized contraption.  Why would I say that?  Well just look at the angle of the right arm as the blob is descending out of view.  It is exactly what would be expected of a person grabbing handle bars of a motorized three wheeler or two wheeler.  Lastly Reeves is recounting a memory from over 20 years ago.  And who is to say he knew each and every personnel detail, placement and purpose.  He was running a camera not directing or producing.  If they had two choppers going they could have very very easily accommodated a motorized ground based manipulator.  Maybe the reason the guy seems to clamor up out of the depression was to get out of the way of the herd and he then scoots back down as fast as he can to avoid the camera.  

Common if it was a bigfoot it would have already decapitated a few animals and they would have avoided that depression of death where the monster was laying in wait.  Oh and why didn't the chopper crews notice the bigfoot?  I'll tell you why.  Whatever the chopper crews saw was supposed to be there such as the ground based personnel.

Exactly right. Thanks for that additional observation. That was exactly the point I was aiming at. 

Yikes!  I just wasted another 5 seconds of my life and watched the thing again.  Say what you will but that black  thing is  a human on a motorized contraption.  Why would I say that?  Well just look at the angle of the right arm as the blob is descending out of view.  It is exactly what would be expected of a person grabbing handle bars of a motorized three wheeler or two wheeler.  Lastly Reeves is recounting a memory from over 20 years ago.  And who is to say he knew each and every personnel detail, placement and purpose.  He was running a camera not directing or producing.  If they had two choppers going they could have very very easily accommodated a motorized ground based manipulator.  Maybe the reason the guy seems to clamor up out of the depression was to get out of the way of the herd and he then scoots back down as fast as he can to avoid the camera.  

Common if it was a bigfoot it would have already decapitated a few animals and they would have avoided that depression of death where the monster was laying in wait.  Oh and why didn't the chopper crews notice the bigfoot?  I'll tell you why.  Whatever the chopper crews saw was supposed to be there such as the ground based personnel.

More stunning ignorance of facts readily available to anyone who actually viewed the ThinkerThunker video. Why do you bother with this parade/charade of ignorance?

Reeve was a  CO-DIRECTOR OF THE FILM -- the EXACT PERSON tasked with knowing "each and every personnel detail, placement and purpose."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0285154/

"Oh and why didn't the chopper crews notice the bigfoot?"

Wait, you've been talking to the "chopper crews"? You know what they saw or didn't see? Do tell. We're eager to hear what they told you with their own mouths. 

"Maybe the reason the guy seems to clamor up out of the depression was to get out of the way of the herd...."

Maybe? "Maybe" works when you don't have the facts. 

We have the facts. 

You draw the noose tighter and tighter around your non-argument with each new baseless supposition.

Tighten away!  

Edited by LeafTalker

Maybe? "Maybe" works when you don't have the facts. 

We have the facts. 

Sorry, I'm confused. What facts do we have? That it's a bigfoot? Or you referring to other known facts? Thanks in advance.

Yikes!  I just wasted another 5 seconds of my life and watched the thing again.  Say what you will but that black  thing is 

Where did I say it isn't a human? In fact, I said I have never liked this one because it looks human.

You can't discount what the man who was in charge of filming this says however. So what do I think it is? I don't know, but I don't think it's someone on a mountain bike or wearing a backpack.

My best guess is it's a poacher who saw the film crew and tried to hide. But who knows, it could be a bigfoot.

Well just look at the angle of the right arm as the blob is descending out of view.  It is exactly what would be expected of a person grabbing handle bars of a motorized three wheeler or two wheeler.  Lastly Reeves is recounting a memory from over 20 years ago.  And who is to say he knew each and every personnel detail, placement and purpose.  He was running a camera not directing or producing.  If they had two choppers going they could have very very easily accommodated a motorized ground based manipulator.  Maybe the reason the guy seems to clamor up out of the depression was to get out of the way of the herd and he then scoots back down as fast as he can to avoid the camera.

Yes, I noticed the motion that kind of look like someone riding a bike or as you say a three-wheeler. But with him saying it wasn't one of the crew I discount someone being that far out on their own riding around the herd and that is the only time they were seen.

It would be interesting to hear from the helio crew and find if there was someone else actually in charge of directing the herd and have them answer if they had someone on the ground. It would be a dangerous situation to put them in, however.

Edited by Rockape

Guest milofarthington

It totally looks like someone on an ATV.  Mr.Reeves is most likely mistaken or was unaware that there were ground personnel guiding the herd. 

(Quote)

Common if it was a bigfoot it would have already decapitated a few animals and they would have avoided that depression of death where the monster was laying in wait. Oh and why didn't the chopper crews notice the bigfoot? I'll tell you why. Whatever the chopper crews saw was supposed to be there such as the ground based personnel.

I'm not certain that isn't what we see in the film. The scenario fits as well as a crew member directing the herd. There is a portion of the herd that appears to have went through the small gully where the figure appears, and that would fit the hypothesis that the figure was grabbing up a small animal.

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

I promise you that your photograph is just going to be mocked......Crows arguement that there is a photo out there that will just change his mind in a heart beat is a pink unicorn, it dont exist.

And if it does exist? You dont want his opinion anyhow. Anyone that can vascilate back and forth over existence based on pictures is useless.

You have that right.  We are constantly told that photographs are not evidence for the existence of BF.  I agree with that assessment.     Crows game is to needle me enough to post it then Crow will pick from the following list.  1:  If it is too good, it is an obvious hoax.   2:   If it is not good enough it will be declared a squatch blob and lump it in with all the rest.   3:  It is not a BF but something else.   4:  It is just a child dressed in a costume.  5: It is my pet ape.       Options two and three will ignore the events leading up to me taking the photograph.   Finally because I have provided pictures of footprints and published them on the forum,   Crow has already declared me to have fabricated them because since BF does not exist in Crows mind, footprints have to have been fabricated.   Crow has tap danced out of being reported for calling me a hoaxer by stating that Crow was not talking about me but footprint finders in general.   If I had not been there to take the photograph and the photograph was the only evidence I could provide,   as a casual observer I would probably pick option 3 and wonder where in South America or Africa the picture of the small ape was taken.   So even though I have a picture,   I have no way, other than my word, to prove where it was taken.    So a picture of BF, not matter how good, has many arguments that can be made so as to render it not significant.   It certainly is not proof of anything other than I know how to post pictures to the forum.  

I will offer, if any of you run into me at a conference, ask to see the picture.  Somehow I don't think I will run into Crow at a BF conference.   I have an 8 X 10 glossy that makes full use of the native resolution of the camera.    An image on a computer does not do it justice anyway.          

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT
  • Upvote 2

Regarding questions about the helicopters and whether the crew onboard would have seen the bigfoot. I think the entire film crew was likely using the helicopters for transport to get on location to film the migration of the caribou. Once they had cameramen on the ground, they may not have been using the helicopters to steer the herd at the time the dark figure was filmed, they only had to get ahead of the caribou and set up their shots. It wouldn't make sense to have the helicopters in the air the whole time because their isn't likely that many places they could refuel them.

• Upvote 1

IF (big if) this was a bigfoot, what a golden opportunity lost. National Geographic on the scene, helicopters, IMAX cameras, the whole nine yards.

BFF Patron

Well they had to have been aware that something was there at the time to really do anything about it.      Everytime I watch a film shot in the forest I look at the forest beyond the the characters.      Sooner or later someone will film a curious BF peeking out from behind a tree.      Even Finding Bigfoot has filmed scenes where you can see eyeshine that is never mentioned or noticed during post production.   You would think they would notice that and point it out but I guess that the video editors miss them.    Even if it turns out to be an owl one would think it would be noticed.    

The ninjafoot is a tiny fraction of the total screen in the original scene that lasts for just a few seconds. The cameraman was likely so focused on framing the herd in action throughout the forground and looking at a small viewfinder that it is something he was likely to miss along with the editors.

It's an interesting piece of film.  Watching the stabilized version, I don't think it's a guy on an ATV or motorcycle.  Definitely not a guy riding a mountain bike.  Going through all the details - this being a Nat Geo professional production with IMAX filming crew, helicopters, a direct interview with the co-director - it seems very hard to think there was someone from Nat Geo running or doing something out in that field that wouldn't have been known to most, if not all of the people working the production that day.  I do not know for sure what to think about what we are seeing.  I think it is some kind of bipedal creature (that could mean human obviously) running then crouching.  I am pretty sure there is something being thrown over the right shoulder at the end before the creature crouches down.  Wish we had more footage, but we don't.  Another enigma that likely won't ever be answered beyond what we know at this point.

• Upvote 1