Thinker Thunker William Reeve Interview

BigTreeWalker

Guest Crowlogic

Your not riding a mountain bike in tussock mounds.

And a herd of Caribou aren't going to be bounding through them either.

Still say a guy on a mountain bike, if you say you can rule it out, I am doubting you have that superhuman ability.

As far as the unassailable credibility if the cameraman, based on what? ThinkerThunker? Try again.

It's called research but it isn't called a belief system (unless it is) unless you don't bother to research.

The odds one of three pieces of film showing bigfoot or one of millions of pictures taking videos of mountain bikers (those gaffers and production crew have to get around somehow) What do you want to bet a crew member had a mountain bike.

If he didn't see a bigfoot he also didn't see a mountain biker, either.

Just because he believes the production crew was all accounted for does not mean that it was, that is where interviewing everyone else comes in.

Or you can assume blobby is biggy, your choice.

So go ahead and interview the rest of the crew then. They would surely remember the bike onboard the helicopter. Or do you dare?

I'm not the one who is saying it's Bigfoot.

But you don't have to prove it if you don't want to...

So what you have at this point is the 15 year old memory of a photographer and no supporting evidence, except blobby.

He only had a couple of paragraphs of info relevant to the actual sequence.

You are the one who says there is a guy on a bike, and denying what the man who was there says. I'd say you have the onus to prove what you propose is the truth, and you have even less evidence. There is no bike visible.

If you watched the video closely, you can't find the point where the figure actually turns. As it comes up the hill it's left arm is leading from your left to right. At some point there has to be a switch where the right arm passes in front of the body and then leads as the "ghost bike " rider heads back down the hill. This doesn't happen anywhere except in your perception.

It seems very obvious to me that this is a crew member scampering about on foot, who's exact positioning many years later has been forgotten about. Nobody needs to be lying or hoaxing.

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

Still say a guy on a mountain bike, if you say you can rule it out, I am doubting you have that superhuman ability.

As far as the unassailable credibility if the cameraman, based on what? ThinkerThunker? Try again.

It's called research but it isn't called a belief system (unless it is) unless you don't bother to research.

The odds one of three pieces of film showing bigfoot or one of millions of pictures taking videos of mountain bikers (those gaffers and production crew have to get around somehow) What do you want to bet a crew member had a mountain bike.

If he didn't see a bigfoot he also didn't see a mountain biker, either.

Just because he believes the production crew was all accounted for does not mean that it was, that is where interviewing everyone else comes in.

Or you can assume blobby is biggy, your choice.

So go ahead and interview the rest of the crew then. They would surely remember the bike onboard the helicopter. Or do you dare?

I'm not the one who is saying it's Bigfoot.

But you don't have to prove it if you don't want to...

So what you have at this point is the 15 year old memory of a photographer and no supporting evidence, except blobby.

He only had a couple of paragraphs of info relevant to the actual sequence.

You are the one who says there is a guy on a bike, and denying what the man who was there says. I'd say you have the onus to prove what you propose is the truth, and you have even less evidence. There is no bike visible.

If you watched the video closely, you can't find the point where the figure actually turns. As it comes up the hill it's left arm is leading from your left to right. At some point there has to be a switch where the right arm passes in front of the body and then leads as the "ghost bike " rider heads back down the hill. This doesn't happen anywhere except in your perception.

Nope, it happens in front of your eyes.

The bike is below the sight line.

ThinkerThunkers other big find was the X-C skiers in Yellowstone.

Once again, go with the most plausible explanation.

As an X-C skier that lived in Yellowstone and was familiar with the area of the video it was as obvious as the nose on my face.

The area of the video was a well travelled area that has tourists year round (no doubt the videographer knew what they were but had not been questioned or wanted to be less than honest.

If manlike and performing actions consistent with a man in a grainy image in almost all cases it will wind up being a man and that is just statistics. Adding in a B.S. story and supposition changes nothing except that more gullible people will go around thinking Bigfoot!

(and sorry, no, Bigfoot is not the most plausible in most cases except the PG film, the Freeman film and just a handful of other examples).

I dont get it....why on earth does there have to be a unseen bicycle, moped, whatever?

• Upvote 1

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

I dont get it....why on earth does there have to be a unseen bicycle, moped, whatever?

Probably the most likely explanation, in my humble view.

If you saw a bike we wouldn't be having this discussion.

It's unseen if you don't see it.

There is a logical reason you can't see it if you are only seeing the chest arms and head of a human like creature (that may be human). The same reason you don't see a Bigfoots legs, if that is what it is.

Edited by Cryptic Megafauna

The angle of travel seems to show a reasonable speed if it's a guy on a bike. And he's pretty good on the thing too to be able to toss something over the shoulder while pedaling along on that terrain. Pretty amazing, huh? Wish we could have the coordinates to see a satellite image and topo of the area. Maybe Thinker Thunker should ask for them?

Edited by hiflier

The habitat is not optimal for most humans, the adapted Inuit have done well through their reliance on caribou and sea mammals. Found a quote from the film in one review: "Over a million strong, the (caribou) herds of northern Quebec and Labrador are the largest assembly of migrating mammals on Earth."

I bought the dvd to see if any further information jumps out at me.

The film-maker said he sees two more, look for them.

I still think it was a local poaching and hid when he saw the film crew. See if there are any overhead helio camera shots.

Probably the most likely explanation, in my humble view.

If you saw a bike we wouldn't be having this discussion.

It's unseen if you don't see it.

There is a logical reason you can't see it if you are only seeing the chest arms and head of a human like creature (that may be human). The same reason you don't see a Bigfoots legs, if that is what it is.

I think whoever it is hid from the crew, which makes me think it's a poacher. I don't know why someone mountain biking would stay hid from them and would have been seen by the crew. But maybe mountain biking is illegal there.

Edited by Rockape

In the tundra in the arctic? I dont think its illegal....but highly impractical.

The figure is obviously running. No need for a moped in the equation when its hundreds of miles from a road or a gas station. Besides the Tussock mounds are going to knock your kidneys right out of your body. Maybe break your neck.

So we are saying that a professional stunt moped rider with special Tussock mound shocks was airlifted in and was poaching caribou, and was accidentally caught on camera by the Imax crew?  

I wonder how many first nations people in that part of Canada even own a mountain bike or even know what one is? Maybe four wheelers. But I'm with Norse. That would be killer terrain to try riding in. And I don't mean fantastic. ;) They don't usually wear your basic black either. Denims, flannels, all a little more colorful than black. No ghillie suites either. The point of a ghillie suit is to hide. If that's what they were wearing we probably wouldn't have noticed them. Black just doesn't cut it.

I did see the dark head. Behind the 1st one, go up and duck back down. So whoever they were even with that bad YouTube reproduction there were at least two.

Edited by BigTreeWalker
  • Upvote 1