If Bigfoot Were Real.

Incorrigible1

Right, but if you were going to the extent one would have to in order to make such a costume, paring down the inner thigh padding to enable a smoother gait would be relatively easy, and wouldn't be too difficult to conceal with more fur.

Mind you, from the first time I saw the film, back in the Academy Theatre in Pasadena, ca, way back when, I've considered it authentic, so the costuming aspects are, to me, hypothetical.

I'm just a layman, so I'm probably having a hard time visualizing what your saying. But the "bone structure" if you will from the foot to the calf and the calf to the thigh looks centered. 

if the costume was build to the outside of the human leg inside? How would you get the foot to line up with the costume leg?

The axis would be off and I see no way of hiding it.

I'm no costumer either, so this is indeed conjectural, but isn't that what disproving the PGF is to begin with? 

Any way, I would think  That if they could figure out how to get the disproportionate leg bones to work that lining up foot position wouldn't pose too great a dilemma.

But like I said, I don't think it is a person in a suit to begin with.

On that we agree. But I do feel that it's patty's sheer bulk that gives a nod to the films authenticity.

On 8/20/2016 at 9:35 PM, Patterson-Gimlin said:

So ,the Patterson creature walk is quite human. You are not helping me believe. Lol.

So here's the thing about that- we are probably related. More:

On 8/20/2016 at 9:59 PM, Patterson-Gimlin said:

I was only joking. Anyway ,please share your opinion on the compliant gate. Do you think humans can walk like the subject in the Patterson film for extended periods of time ?

You can walk and run all day using a compliant gait. Just take your shoes off and use your toes. That's what they are for. Some helpful reading:

'Born To Run' by Christopher McDougall

On 8/21/2016 at 1:04 PM, SWWASAS said:

There was not a lot of literature out there describing BF walk when the P/G film was produced.     Why would they, someone in a costume, or whoever even think that BF would need to walk different than humans?   After all, the tracks looked like large bare human footprints.     If anything if the film was hoaxed,   Patty should have waddled like a large ape since that was the description of BF at the time.    That is what Roger and Bob were looking for.   Now we have all of these reports of BF gliding, complaint walk, nearly every time someone sees them walk for any distance.     Either all hoaxers are copying the P/G film walk and fooling witnesses, or there is a creature out there that walks differently than us.      Common sense tells me it is the latter.   

So that thing- BobH said he was wearing boots. People that think its a suit don't see human feet in the PGF, they see some sort of footwear that is at the bottom of the 'suit'.

Now the foxwalk, otherwise known as the 'compliant gait' was really unknown back in the 1960s. Heck, its still pretty well unknown to this day!! The point is, as soon as any modern human that was programmed by the act of growing-up-while-wearing-shoes will do is they will walk by leading with their heel as soon as they have any sort of footwear. This results in a left-right gait rather than inline. This is what a human would have done if wearing a suit. But what we see is that Patty had an inline gait!

The fact that this is going on in such an old film is a ready sign that something very unusual is going on.

In any of the 'recreations' this simple fact has been ignored. None of the humans in any of the 'recreations' have bothered with the inline gait, probably because they didn't even know they could do it! But somehow Patty did.

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron
On 8/22/2016 at 11:48 AM, guyzonthropus said:

I'm no costumer either, so this is indeed conjectural, but isn't that what disproving the PGF is to begin with? 

Any way, I would think  That if they could figure out how to get the disproportionate leg bones to work that lining up foot position wouldn't pose too great a dilemma.

But like I said, I don't think it is a person in a suit to begin with.

Meldrum points out that his footprint casts and Patty show that the BF foot structure is significantly different than human foot structure.    The tibia and fibula attach further forward on the foot than they do on humans.    He believes it is an adaptation to support their massive weight.     Just that would modify their walk as far as foot placement for the heel especially with respect to human and BF differences.    That missing body or skeleton would tell a great deal about that sort of thing.  

Were it a costume that was designed, either with anatomical knowledge or just by chance, in a manner that placed the wearers heel forward from the costumes heel within the simulated foot, might this emulate the later proposed attachment location of the BF ankle/foot processes, as well as make walking more balanced and less ungainly for the person inside?

So that thing- BobH said he was wearing boots. People that think its a suit don't see human feet in the PGF, they see some sort of footwear that is at the bottom of the 'suit'

I would like to say if there were boots in a suit it would show up in the tracks some how as a heel or some form of shoe in track. But instead you get a good formed track or tracks that were inline. How would some one back then come up with some thing like what we are finding out today in tracks made by these creatures.

Has he ever confronted Mr. Grimlin about his sighting as he himself being the guy in the suit? Just not sure if this ever been asked? So figured I would ask.

Salubrious, it's an erroneous assumption to claim that a person in a suit would  make the left right pattern of prints. All it would take is a person conscious of how they're walking, or someone practiced in/accustomed to the compliant gait, which, by the way, does not mandate walking like a Fox ("How does the Fox walk?"..yknow..like the song.....)

No.  A person in a suit would make the left/right pattern of prints.  We know that because every bigfoot faker looks like a man in a suit.  Including walking precisely like one.

For anything else to be true, the faker would have had to *invent* the compliant gait; analysis and discussion of that gait starts with the film, which is still the only record of it other than trackways. To add that to the list of impossibilities involved in a fake...well, makes it no more impossible, because a fake is impossible and didn't happen.  All the evidence says so.  P/G has been as scientifically established as genuine as the sun, clouds and Swiss cheese.  That the mainstream doesn't understand that makes it no less true.

Edited by DWA

Just because "every bigfoot faker looks like a man in a suit" does not mandate that a person in a suit cannot move with a compliant gait, nor that one person didn't in the past.

That being said, I will state again that I find the PGF to depict an actual creature.

On 7/22/2016 at 0:24 PM, DWA said:

As you noted, the eyewitness testimony still has you in this.  There is a reason for that:  it's "real evidence."  It is not proof sufficient to convince the ignorant (as of course it couldn't be; the ignorant haven't read it).  But its volume and consistency (emphasis added) shouldn't be happening if everyone is lying or mistaken; and the consistency would be *least* likely were the skeptical thesis that there's all kinds of stuff causing it correct.

I have started a thread on the topic of consistency. See

This may sound strange to some but I never lock my knees when walking. They are always somewhat bent so one could say I have a permanent compliant gait. When I was younger I ran track, pole vaulted, played basketball as well as football. I also had taken martial arts training for seven years after all of the sports stuff. My walk is not all heel first, it is closer to flat with a toe push off. It makes for a shorter stride however. I of course like anyone else hike with this kind of stride and after decades it feels quite natural. I haven even thought of how I walk until salubrious started th dialogue on fox walking sometime last year? After watching how I stride I have concluded that yeah, that's how I walk- always. and BTW I also grew up with shoes even though I was a young Tennessee ridge-runner in my early years.

Never had any knee problems either and at 67 still don't :) 

8 hours ago, hiflier said:

This may sound strange to some but I never lock my knees when walking. They are always somewhat bent so one could say I have a permanent compliant gait. When I was younger I ran track, pole vaulted, played basketball as well as football. I also had taken martial arts training for seven years after all of the sports stuff. My walk is not all heel first, it is closer to flat with a toe push off. It makes for a shorter stride however. I of course like anyone else hike with this kind of stride and after decades it feels quite natural. I haven even thought of how I walk until salubrious started th dialogue on fox walking sometime last year? After watching how I stride I have concluded that yeah, that's how I walk- always. and BTW I also grew up with shoes even though I was a young Tennessee ridge-runner in my early years.

Never had any knee problems either and at 67 still don't :) 

I often walk with a compliant gate, and have done so for years. I find I need to do some specialized conditioning exercises, or I lose it. However, I am pretty close to 70 now, and do have knee problems. When barefoot outside, I will often plant my toe first. Going up hill, I pretty much always have a compliant gate. Training in a martial art for decades, I always move with a compliant gate when practicing. Sometimes, the ball of the foot plants first, sometimes the heel. So, it is certainly one of the modes of walking that people can use. I have never heard it called fox walking apart from this forum.